If you're pony characters had a theme song what would it be?

NemesisPon3

This is most likely my sonic fandom talking here but I thought it would make good conversation.

So yeah if you're pony characters had a theme song or two what would it be. let me tell you mine ^__^

Nemesis Pony's theme song would be this

The song below would be his theme during some kinda fight or general introduction LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5idngpP72eE

I chose it because I think it fits his robotic and somewhat evil appearance and name despite been on the side of good.

My main OC; Snowy's, theme song would be this:

it's just sooo happy X3

Livingtombstone is so awesome :kissy:

And my other OC; Neon, his theme song would be:

Edited cause once I thought about it, that song fit him better X3

Edited by Snowy
  • Like 2

Wait, so we're supposed to pick one song for all of our pony characters? Because, I have 17 very different OCs, so I kind of doubt the perfect song exists. :P

And if I'm expected to pick different songs for each of them, it's probably more trouble than its worth... :blush:

I suddenly feel out of place. But meet my primary OC, Curtain Call.

Freaking HILARIOUS. Although I love Bobby Darin more.

I actually get a lot of ideas for my characters while listening to music, so naturally they have theme songs.

Trillium's is this:

It's actually what inspired her simple life, and observations, and keen sense of yearning (when she's not writing totally ridiculous crap about purple unicorns and their fantastic lives in their estates.) Cyndi Lauper's Time after Time when she's being all mopey about River Birch.

Chotchkie's is the 60s Spider Man cartoon with new lyrics that she, of course, made up herself and don't make a lick of sense. I'd write them down but she changes them every time she sings anyway. She wasn't influenced exactly by this song, it kind of just happened in my head. No, she's never seen Spider Man. Must be one of those kind of cross-dimensional kind of tunes.

Green Flash's is by default this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGhTbdxtXVc

He also likes

music, so if he appointed his own theme it'd be this style.

Calliope's is pretty much just Bruce Springsteen's entire 70's catalog any time he talks about the boardwalk. She was specifically influenced by the song Blinded by the Light (and Sorry, Bruce, as much as I love you, I like Manfred Mann's cover better, even with the slurred lyrics that make it hilarious). She's the type that would be a good girl hanging out at a NJ boardwalk in the 70s, and get swept off her feet and dazzled by a motorcycle riding bad boy. If ponies could ride motorcycles. I decided her designer name would be Calliope based on a line in this song.

Asteria by the Godz song

. You'll see why when she is finished. In some cases she's assigned to
might also be appropriate.

And of course Glow is 100,000 Fireflies by the Magnetic Fields (never the Superchunk version, that is simply too rowdy for her). For obvious reasons. It didn't even occur to me how close her backstory is to the song until now. You know, when she's not listening to stuff like Cab Calloway.

I came up with Saffron while listening to Donovan's Mellow Yellow, but it doesn't quite fit her as a theme song. Her personality lends herself to Dusty Springfield or something.

In a few short years, once Jonagold reaches maturity, Del Reeves' Girl on the Billboard will DEFINITELY be his theme. Right now it's probably the Indiana Jones theme song.

Chase's is probably either

or
Both kind of encapsulate the rebelliousness behind his perpetually bored-seeming exterior. In my head he listens to a lot of early goth music, though. You know, before it became a lifestyle you could purchase at the mall.

Cloudburst's is Modey Lemon's Thunder and Lightning. Self-appointed of course. Unless he's looking for mares to schmooze. Then it's probably Milli Vanilli or some crap. He's the type that would put on slow jamz to woo them, if 1993 in America existed in Equestria.

My OC Lightning Dancer is a bassist and a racer, so I think she would like something upbeat and filled with crazy slappa dat bass action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUFRw869VKE&feature=related

My next OC, Regality, is crafty. I think he would fit this one. I chose this for the video and the creative lyrics.

And Boxy is a funky gal who loves her family. So this one.

• Like 1

Green Flash's is by default this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGhTbdxtXVc

He also likes

music, so if he appointed his own theme it'd be this style.

I was going through this thread just playing videos to listen to music. At first wondered why this one sounded familiar until I actually paid attention to the title of the video. Been awhile since I listened to Rush. (Found a copied CD that belonged to my dad this one time. :P)

• Like 1

I actually think Lightning's might be this ^^^^

From my favorite Rush album. That's my walking around song. Well that and Jailbreak from Thin Lizzy. Go look at the bottom of Green Flash's profile for an explanation as to why Cygnus X-1 is his theme song.

Sorry to post so much D: I have three OC's left and im just gonna get them out of the way :D

Rabble Rouser: Sadly this is deffinetly her song D:

Vivre Vrai: Deffinetly her song, powerful!

JD: Awesome song, very her. Incidently its close to my singing voice :L

For Silverbolt, I believe this fits for when he's flying around

Bowie, my SF 2 crossover pony would probably have this theme song for strolling about town and the like:

In a fight or attempting to rescue a pony in danger also when visiting dignitaries and other important political figures (its a medley track the first part is the castle theme and would go with the visiting with important political figures and the rest are battle/unit attack themes)

I'll add more when I think of fitting ones for Timid and Sunrise.

This took a little bit of thinking, but I think I've got it.

It might be a little spoilery if you're good at reading into songs and characters.

Pharm's theme song is Feel good Inc. by Gorillaz.

A song I want to use in a fast paced slideshow PMV once the blog has like, twenty times more content than it actually does:

• 2 weeks later...