oh jeez

Books: Hellsing, the Halo novels

Music: Everything that plays on the Katy Perry and Lady Gaga pandora radio stations

TV: stuff on Bravo and TLC, like say yes to the dress, bridezilla, that show where some ***** takes over your hair salon for a week and yells at everybody...

Movies: I have no shame (and no taste) when it comes to movies, I LOVE everything disney, everything dreamworks, most mainstream movies for little kids are in my DVD collection (My boyfriend took me to see Megamind and Tangled for my birthday)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah, lets see...

Books: ...Guardian hearts. normally I don't like generic fan-service manga, but for some reason, this is an exception ._. it's not even that good

Music: Friday ._. love that song

TV: I dunno... I love lost, but nobody else likes it, so I guess that's what I'll say

Movies: romance-y stuff. people think I only watch animated movies, and I'm too immature for romantic gushy stuff, but I really love cute romance (wall•e is my favourite). it's fine that people know I watch mlp, but not romance for some reason ._.

All Pony music etc :D but, here are some extra without Pony:

Books: Fantasy and Sci-Fi ones, Forgotten Realms, Star Wars. I'm The Mists of Avalon but i'm fan of the Arthurian Legends

Music: song Nightfall, mainly Blind Guardian, Derdian and Rhapsody of Fire

TV: I'm like detective stories, very much, CSI, NCIS, detectiv Monk etc.

Movies: Here i'm not finicky, first i'm watch movie them see if i'm like it or no :D doesnt matter if it's romantic, fantasy, science-fiction etc.

• 3 months later...

Books: Twilight

Music: Florence and the Machine and similar

TV: Vampire Diaries

Movies: to many to mention basically rom coms and chick flicks

None of them sound to bad until I mention I'm a straight guy in his 20s

How did I know that I would find Twilight in this thread? I kept on looking knowing someone here had a guilty pleasure of Twilight. Frankly I thought someone here would of said Justin Bieber too.

Books: I don't really read too much.

Music: Well , I don't really listen to much music either

TV: Hmmmmmmm Professional wrestling.

Movies: I have so many movies that I am embarrassed about.

1. Land Before Time (And I don't mean the first one either. You are talking to the same person who has seen and loved every Land Before Time movie created and even loved the actual cartoon on Cartoon Network)

2. Alpha and Omega (Everybody I know hated this movie because they thought it was a rip off of Balto. Frankly I have seen the movie and I really don't see that many similarities)

3. Alvin and the Chipmunks. (Once again everyone is so down on CGI Animation. But I love these movies and can't wait for the third one in December)

TV: MMA fighting. Hey, better than WWE, right?

Books: >implying I read

Music: Moves Like Jagger and a few other assorted pop songs. Also, LMFAO. I listened to them well before Party Rock Anthem was a thing.

Movies: Transformers 1. I liked it a lot. The others, not so much.

Gaming: MW2. Yeah, I hate the Call of Duty series as a whole, but the campaign in MW2 was actually pretty damn good.

TV: MMA fighting. Hey, better than WWE, right?

Books: >implying I read

Music: Moves Like Jagger and a few other assorted pop songs. Also, LMFAO. I listened to them well before Party Rock Anthem was a thing.

Movies: Transformers 1. I liked it a lot. The others, not so much.

Gaming: MW2. Yeah, I hate the Call of Duty series as a whole, but the campaign in MW2 was actually pretty damn good.

You're ashamed of liking these things? These are pretty much all legit awesome, in my book at least xD

Dang. If these are you're guilty pleasures I'm scared to see just how awesome you're upfront ones are~

Hmm, guilty pleasures... guilty pleasures... hmm...

Books: Sudoku... What? I read mystery and suspense but I hardly consider them a "guilty pleasure." Now a whole book filled with sudoku puzzles on the other hand...

Music: Country, techno, and rock. Can't really say specifics but, if my fingers are keeping the beat, then its good.

Movies: Romantic comedies and British "themed" comedies.

Gaming: Fallout, it satisfies a previously undiscovered hording impulse is seem to be afflicted with which I now try to apply to every game I play.

I really don't have a lot of guilty pleasures. I'm just not really ashamed of most of the things I like. I don't see why I would be. I like them for a reason, after all. I'm certainly not the slightest bit ashamed by my love for ponies. Still, there are some things that would qualify, I suppose.

TV: I watch maybe a little too much of the Food Network, which is maybe a little embarrassing, but I think it's fine. Mainly my biggest shames are with some of the anime I watch. I speak mostly of the fanservice laden variety. Now, I'll stand firmly by some of these shows. Strike Witches is one of my favorite anime ever and I have no shame in saying that, and I'd even defend something like Queen's Blade as being a well made, entertaining show. There are some that come to mind though, like Ikkitousen and Seikon no Qwaser that are just impossibly stupid, perverse and ridiculous. I watch them with my brain off and get something out of them but yeah, I know they're really pretty terrible and wouldn't ever bother defending them.

Music: Pop radio. My music tastes have been all over the place. now they've pretty much settled on where though I gravitate toward rock, and generally rock that's a few decades old, I can appreciate most any genre. After getting bored of the classic rock station playing stuff I've heard far too often. I gave the pop station a go. That stuff can get really stupid. There's something fun about how dumb it all is. I'm still not to the point where I would ever consider putting most of that stuff on my iPod, but I do put the radio in my car on that more often then I'd like to admit.

Books: not really such a big reader.

Movies: Now with movies, there really isn't much to say. My favorite films are usually critically acclaimed or just plain terrible and I like them specifically because of how terrible they are. There really aren't many films I really like that I honestly don't think I should like.

Games: I don't think there's a single game in my collection I'm ashamed to own. I play very Japanese RPGs and the occasional fighting game. I think they're good, so I feel no guilt when playing them. If there's any shame in gaming for me it comes from Solitaire. When I'm somewhere where i have only my iPod to amuse me, I'll often start it up and sink whole hours into it. Really strikes me as an incredibly poor use of time when I stop to think about it afterwards.

2. Alpha and Omega (Everybody I know hated this movie because they thought it was a rip off of Balto. Frankly I have seen the movie and I really don't see that many similarities)

Alpha and Omega had potential to be good, and I actually thought that it was going to be okay (I give it some slack because it's a kids movie), but it was, frankly, bad. :/ I WANTED it to be good... but it was bad, even for a kids movie.

I also don't see how's it's like Balto... lolwut.

We're all entitled to our own opinions and I respect that. But can you tell me what you thought made it bad? Or was it just bad? The Storyline? The animation? The characters? The voice Cast? I tend to overlook a lot of things when it's a movie I really like. But, I will probably agree that there were quite a few flaws. I just tend to overlook them. Can you tell me what did it for you? Just Curious!

You're ashamed of liking these things? These are pretty much all legit awesome, in my book at least xD

Dang. If these are you're guilty pleasures I'm scared to see just how awesome you're upfront ones are~

It's generally because of my major view on most of these things. I guess in retrospect, MMA is awesome any way you look at it. But the other items are just things I've openly despised, but somehow enjoy some of them in their own right.

Black Ops was still terrible though, there's no saving that.

We're all entitled to our own opinions and I respect that. But can you tell me what you thought made it bad? Or was it just bad? The Storyline? The animation? The characters? The voice Cast? I tend to overlook a lot of things when it's a movie I really like. But, I will probably agree that there were quite a few flaws. I just tend to overlook them. Can you tell me what did it for you? Just Curious!

The storyline was not exactly what I expected. I thought it would be more predictable, but it wasn't surprisingly. Well, not all of it, anyway.

Not the animation, per se... (I'll get to that.)

I don't really find too much quarrel with voices in any movie, so not that.

The wolves just weren't like wolves. Some of the hairstyles could work, but frankly some were just far too human and not wolfish at all (like the mom wolf).

The names. Oh my gosh the names. What kind of names are Humphrey and Winston for WOLVES?! For real, these guys kill moose to survive. They are vicious wild animals, and they were just given far too human names. This may have been what bothered me more than anything else. Even Kate was pushing it. Now Garth. Garth sounds like a wolf name. Even Lilly does too. So while they got some things right, others just failed.

The singing-howling thing was kind of weird. I think it had potential to be interesting and add to the quality of the movie... but it just didn't. And didn't they stand on their hind legs in this scene, along with others? These aren't anthros, they're wolves.

-_- Stop humanizing them.

I can take talking. Wolves in real life don't speak English, but come on, what animal movie today doesn't have talking animals, even in life action movies. I don't mind this at all. But they just tried too hard to humanize them for this movie... and I don't get why they had to do that. I can handle hugging, slight human looking hairstyles... I mean, I can deal with some humanization, but I think the creators for this movie just tried to hard to make them look human when it just wasn't necessary.

The storyline was not exactly what I expected. I thought it would be more predictable, but it wasn't surprisingly. Well, not all of it, anyway.

Not the animation, per se... (I'll get to that.)

I don't really find too much quarrel with voices in any movie, so not that.

The wolves just weren't like wolves. Some of the hairstyles could work, but frankly some were just far too human and not wolfish at all (like the mom wolf).

The names. Oh my gosh the names. What kind of names are Humphrey and Winston for WOLVES?! For real, these guys kill moose to survive. They are vicious wild animals, and they were just given far too human names. This may have been what bothered me more than anything else. Even Kate was pushing it. Now Garth. Garth sounds like a wolf name. Even Lilly does too. So while they got some things right, others just failed.

The singing-howling thing was kind of weird. I think it had potential to be interesting and add to the quality of the movie... but it just didn't. And didn't they stand on their hind legs in this scene, along with others? These aren't anthros, they're wolves.

-_- Stop humanizing them.

I can take talking. Wolves in real life don't speak English, but come on, what animal movie today doesn't have talking animals, even in life action movies. I don't mind this at all. But they just tried too hard to humanize them for this movie... and I don't get why they had to do that. I can handle hugging, slight human looking hairstyles... I mean, I can deal with some humanization, but I think the creators for this movie just tried to hard to make them look human when it just wasn't necessary.

I think I can understand what you mean. Humphrey's friends seemed to have wolf like names to me. Shakey, Mooch, and whatever the last one's name was. And that fur hanging over Lilly's eye was slightly human but not really out of place on a wolf. And you can't forget about Tony. What kind of name is Tony for a Wolf? I can understand your point

Books: The "So You Want to be a Wizard" series by Diane Duane. Its supposed to be a series for young teenagers, but I still love it.

Music: I'll go ahead and say NIckleback too. Not sure why they get so much hate.

TV: Outside of FiM, I'd have to say Spongebob (The first few seasons only) and Fairly Odd Parents. Patrick and Cosmo are freaking hilarious.

Movies: Titanic. What? It was big news when I was a kid and the Titanic was found, and I've had an interest in shipwrecks ever since. I like the movie for the ship, darnit!

• 1 month later...

Books: The "So You Want to be a Wizard" series by Diane Duane. Its supposed to be a series for young teenagers, but I still love it.

Music: I'll go ahead and say NIckleback too. Not sure why they get so much hate.

TV: Outside of FiM, I'd have to say Spongebob (The first few seasons only) and Fairly Odd Parents. Patrick and Cosmo are freaking hilarious.

Movies: Titanic. What? It was big news when I was a kid and the Titanic was found, and I've had an interest in shipwrecks ever since. I like the movie for the ship, darnit!

Funny you should mention Nickelback. I used to love them but somehow after listening to their stuff for a while you just get less and less interested.

Ponies are my guilty pleasure, as well as using the IPU and the flying spaghetti monster on those Christian recruiters

• 2 weeks later...

Books: Not directly a guilty pleasure maybe but when traveling I once happened to have with me a copy of the Koran and the autobiography of Malcolm X. When I got annoyed that the police at the airports and trains checked all "foreign looking" people next to me, but never even asked me for ID I started quoting said books aloud when the officers were near just to see their reaction... messing with prejudices can be fun x)

Music: "Bad" rap... you know, the kind where they only curse for about 5 minutes and then the song is over... I like it as a change to the jazz and blues I usually digg...

Movies: Tangled, the Princess and the Frog and How to train your dragon were awesome, don't care if they were kids movies. Music was great, animation superb and the movies funny. (Though I think posting this on a mlp forum, most people will understand what I'm saying x)

Video games: I'm quite the animals rights supporter (still eat meat but think animals should be treated well)... In Skyrim I like to shield bash farm animals just for the sake of it x)