Character Theories

TotalEcplise

My bad. I guess I've been misinterpreting then. Sorry. :-(

No need to apologize. But that is definitely where the fan notion came from. Well that and Faust pretty much confirming it in her retort to that crazy journalist who said it was a racist show (I mean how crazy is that?!)

Well when it was shown that clouds are made from factories as are rainbows and snow flakes coupled with the fact that the weather is very likely closely monitored and shes never really shown doing more then slightly messing with clouds for personal purposes, and that Dash has shown NO prior hints at being a master architect...

But they also said that weather happens by itself in the Everfree. Do you think the Cloudsdale ponies bother to create clouds for a location they don't control?

But they also said that weather happens by itself in the Everfree. Do you think the Cloudsdale ponies bother to create clouds for a location they don't control?

So Rainbow could be collecting wild "free range, cage free" clouds from over the forest.

I think it is reasonable to entertain the notion that Celestia is a benevolent dictator. Just because someone is a "dictator" and holds absolute political power doesn't mean they are always a tyrant or oppressive despot. Technically anyone who holds absolute authority in a non-hereditary (read monarchy) is a dictator, be they a good or bad ruler. Although I suppose her Princess status, if indicative of a hereditary succession, would simply make her a monarch not a dictator.

History has seen some dictator style regimes that were benevolent and good for the people, at least for the most part. I won't cite examples for fear of my bad memory....

What does that have to do with RD and her house? as you said weather happens in the Everfree naturally. Cloudsdale or no cloudsdale.

If you are suggesting that she gets her clouds from over Everfree Forest that wouldn't make sense either ponies avoid the place because they can't influence it and its dangerous, same is probably true for its weather and clouds. Even if dash could physically move the Everfree clouds nothing suggests that they would stay put or obey her.

-------------------------------------

My favorite interpretation of Celestia is most definitely Trollestia. I enjoy Celestia's little antics and how the community sees everything she does as a hidden gambit or just manipulative fun.

I don't think Discord can actually be defeated. This is because of two ideas:

1. He is a force of nature. Chaos and Order are opposites, like good and evil. In some religions, particularly Buddhism, evil cannot be defeated, it exists because the Universe must be kept in balance.

2. He is Q. Q was never defeated in Star Trek. Instead, he just left until the next encounter.

1. He is a force of nature. Chaos and Order are opposites, like good and evil. In some religions, particularly Buddhism, evil cannot be defeated, it exists because the Universe must be kept in balance.

Ooh. He's Lord Of Chaos. We'll need a Lord Of Order! Duh-Dah-Daaah! We'll just get a pony version of Dr Fate in here.

drfatepony.jpg

Still, I'd really like to see a prequel episode..Showing Discord when he was 'ruling' Equestria and being a really nasty fella while doing it. :wail:

I think the Hearth's Warming Eve play is Celestia propaganda. It shows the that when the tribes are divided they are weak and subjectable to danger but protected when together. The elected leader is the least sensible, a ploy to keep her citizens from demanding elections. Then at the end they hoist Celestia's flag not a flag represenative of the time.

Ooh. He's Lord Of Chaos. We'll need a Lord Of Order! Duh-Dah-Daaah! We'll just get a pony version of Dr Fate in here.

drfatepony.jpg

Still, I'd really like to see a prequel episode..Showing Discord when he was 'ruling' Equestria and being a really nasty fella while doing it. :wail:

If we're having a Lord of Order, it's going to be Jyggalag from Oblivion.

It's hard to say for sure what role the Alicorns play in the greater picture of Equestria, but we do know

other kingdoms once existed (Crystal Kingdom, Everfree Ruins).

My theory on the Everfree Ruins: Princess Celestia and Princess Luna lived there one thousand years ago. The Everfree Forest was actually tamed and there was a Canterlot like city surrounding the castle. This could have been the first city wheen the three pony nations joined together.

Discord caused great damage to the city and then Nightmare Moon's rise acted as the death knell of the city. Due to the city being destroyed and Celestia's decision to banishe her sister, the original city was abandoned. Due to the wild magic let loose in those two battles, the Everfree Forest became the untamed unforgiving place is it today.

• Like 1

I have a pretty heavy-handed theory, but here goes:

The elements of harmony are actually an extremely powerful cockatrice bound and augmented by the magic of Luna and Celestia. Think about - Discord was turned to stone. Twice. Furthermore, I believe that Nightmare Moon was never banished to the moon. Rather, she was turned into a part of it, hence the reason for her face popping up on it. Also, I believe Luna became Nightmare Moon because the cockatrice turned her heart to stone (figuratively) making her so cruel. The element usage in ep. 2 merely reversed this and turned her back to normal. We already know that cockatri (plural?) can turn things from stone to their normal state, don't we?

Not much of a character theory but it still fits in.

My theory on the Everfree Ruins: Princess Celestia and Princess Luna lived there one thousand years ago. The Everfree Forest was actually tamed and there was a Canterlot like city surrounding the castle. This could have been the first city wheen the three pony nations joined together.

Discord caused great damage to the city and then Nightmare Moon's rise acted as the death knell of the city. Due to the city being destroyed and Celestia's decision to banishe her sister, the original city was abandoned. Due to the wild magic let loose in those two battles, the Everfree Forest became the untamed unforgiving place is it today.

I figured they must have lived there, why else would the elements be there?

I figured they must have lived there, why else would the elements be there?

Well, to play devil's advocate, they were in the middle of a dark and dangerous forest. Not only that, but they looked fairly bland and blended in unless you explicitly knew what you were looking for, like Twilight did. They COULD have been placed there because the Celestia figured nopony would stumble across them, or even if they did they would't think twice about a couple of rocks that just seemed to be put there for decoration. In fact, the entire castle may have been built just to house the elements. Heck, it may have even been guarded before Nightmare Moon came in and took over.

I like to think that cutie marks don't have to relate to your job but are simply what a pony has a talent/knack for.

As in real life, some ponies are lucky and can make their talent directly relate to their job, Twilight & AJ for instance.

Others are able to turn their talent to help with their job, Rarity uses her gem finding to aid with fashion, Fluttershy uses her ability with animals to work as a vet (in an animal sanctuary?) and Pinkie using talent for parties to drum up cake business (unless she works as a party organiser, we've only seen her organise parties for friends but what pony wouldn't enjoy a Pinkie party? Unicorns don't count because they're snobs :P )

Then there are those who have to have a job to earn the bits and their talent is their hobby, like RD who works with weather but enjoys speed in her spare time. (Or Ditzy/Derpy who works as a mailmare but enjoys scuba diving in her spare time.) It could also be argued that RD wants to turn her talent into her job so she can work at something she enjoys, namely joining the Wonderbolts. (Poor Derpy/Ditzy desperately wants to be a marine biologist....Sigh, one day....)

Note: See inside brackets for MAHOOSIVE headcanon...

Headcanon is the fuel for future RP and fanfics.

But I agree that a pony's mark related to their talent rather than their job. I'd say that more often than not, a pony is able to easily use their talent for a job.

And now I'm getting an idea for Derpy living her dream of being a scuba diver and finding the sea ponies. Thanks alot!

• Like 1

Headcanon is the fuel for future RP and fanfics.

But I agree that a pony's mark related to their talent rather than their job. I'd say that more often than not, a pony is able to easily use their talent for a job.

And now I'm getting an idea for Derpy living her dream of being a scuba diver and finding the sea ponies. Thanks alot!

You're welcome but I can't claim credit for that, it may have been bandied about before but I heard of that idea after the Cutie pox episode aired. There is a pony wearing a snorkel mask with a three bubble cutie mark in Twilights book 'Perplexing Pony plagues'. I can't tell if it is a pegasus or a manestyle in the picture though...

Also ski pony is super cute!

Actually, even before that in The Show Show Stoppers, the CMC's were seen in a snorkel and flippers trying to get a cutie mark.

After five minutes on Google exhaustive research into the idea of 'Scuba Derpy' it seems forums were discussing Ditzy/Derpy being a diver quite early in season one! (I don't remember the date I started watching but probably way before I even started noticing peoples pony avatars).

I'm also now sitting here with Dr Derpy/Ditzy being a marine biologist and ambassador to the sea ponies and as head-canon is second best canon I am happy with this :)

I have an idea as to why Chrysalis was able to defeat Celestia. I find it hard to believe that Chrysalis was able to one shot Celestia like that just because she drained a lot of love from Shining Armor. I don't think that Celestia would have been able to fight back with all she's got against the Queen since she might hurt someone. After all she's powerful enough to make the sun and moon rise everyday for a thousand years by herself. According to the Hearth's Warming Eve episode, it took several, if not many, unicorns to perform the same task.

• 1 year later...

Search results lead me here, when searching for places to post headcanons. Let's necro this shiz, with x6000 mana at our disposal!

Discord's species, 'Draconequus', is not an actual species of animal. It is a made up species to describe what Discord's appearance is. Because Discord has been around since the start of time, ponies thousands of years ago began to coin the term 'Draconequus', which means 'Dragon Horse', to describe the creature terrorizing them with chaos. The term stuck and grew into common knowledge, through legends told about Discord from pony to pony throughout the centuries after his defeat, and is still used in modern day. This is why Cheerliee explained the term to her students.