Season 3 Information Thread (Spoilers inside)

I think season 3 is shaping up to be all AWESOME! :D

The fact that both of the songs are from the same episode definitely changes things up, I wasn't expecting that. The thing I'm looking forward to the most is the Celestia/Luna conflict... I mean, the clash of two god-like ponies is most likely going to be epic! And as Thoth said, this may be where Discord comes in... Definitely looking forward to that as well.

And on a tangent off of the Celestia/Luna conflict, I've been thinking about Halloween/Nightmare Night a bit. And I've come to the conclusion that Nightmare Night must be the night that Luna "snapped" and tried to plunge Equestria into eternal night. It makes sense, since Nightmare Moon would only have been around that night only, thus spawning the legend.

Watching that YT clip....... it sounds like this Crystal Empire somehow traveled foward through time by about a thousand years. That would mean it was still possibly around when Luna got all...... looney. <_<

Hmmm... An Empire locked in time for 1,000 years and this King Somber having something to do with it. This makes me believe in my original idea of Cadence either leaving the Crystal Empire when she was a foal or being the next in line somehow but her throne is being ursuped by King Somber.

It seems the townsponies are well somber too, acting almost depressed. Maybe that's why they need to throw the Crystal Pony Fair to cheer them up.

It seems the townsponies are well somber too, acting almost depressed. Maybe that's why they need to throw the Crystal Pony Fair to cheer them up.

They all seemed to be rather traumatized..Imagine someone waking you up and telling you've been out for a 1000 years..And oh yeah..Anyone you ever known and loved who wasn't in the city when this all happened is dead, buried and dust..And so is their kids..And their kids..and their kids and etc etc.

It sounds like they were more like frozen in time for a thousand years.

Ah, but remember what it said on the Crystal Empire DVD press release:

"In Adventures in the Crystal Empire, a magical empire has suddenly appeared in the arctic north of Equestria, and PRINCESS CELESTIA needs TWILIGHT SPARKLE and her friends to find a way to protect it."

If the empire was simply frozen in time, somepony would have found the frozen-over remains long ago.

Holy cow! I just found a better clip on Facebook (that I can't pull out of FB for some reason, here's a link to the FB page should still be pretty high at the top.

http://www.facebook....pony?ref=stream

GONE 1000 YEARS? Brigadoon. CALLED IT.

king somber with MIND CONTROL MAKING ALL THE PONIES FORGET???

look at that cute blue pony with the wheat on her flank!

If not mind control then whatever the king did is having lasting effects on the citizens. Note the one pony said "I don't want to remember what he did."

Ah, but remember what it said on the Crystal Empire DVD press release:

"In Adventures in the Crystal Empire, a magical empire has suddenly appeared in the arctic north of Equestria, and PRINCESS CELESTIA needs TWILIGHT SPARKLE and her friends to find a way to protect it."

If the empire was simply frozen in time, somepony would have found the frozen-over remains long ago.

I was thinking more Atlantis style frozen in time. You know, sunk beneath the earth but was shielded and protected?

So, here goes. The city has a fail safe protection system in place, in case something really bad goes wrong. Well, King Somber made something really bad go wrong, so in order to protect all the ponies, it trapped them in time and sunk beneath the earth (earth, NOT Earth). However, Cadance managed to escape, but until she could learn to use her powers and grow up, she couldn't free the ponies of the Crystal Empire and overthrow King Somber. Of course, being a baby at the time, she wouldn't have been aware of the events taking place at that time, and perhaps she was just found as a baby by somepony who had no idea of her origins. In this way, Cadance would grow up, not knowing where she came from or her exact purpose as an Alicorn. Not knowing that she was meant to free her people from a prison they didn't know they were in.

And, when she used her magic against Chrysalis, she unknowingly unearthed the city, and with it, the still reigning King Somber. Being that nopony leaves the city because they're too sad, it would likely take a little while for anypony on the outside to discover them, and report the news back to Canterlot.

Anyway, Cadance is gonna have to fight King Somber for her rightful throne. Her parents were probably killed or imprisoned by King Somber in order to overtake the throne, which would make her the ruler, except that she was too young, so of course, there would be a royal adviser of some sort that would have to do it until she was old enough, even if he was evil, but of course the city wouldn't allow his reign to go on any longer, so it put a stop to it.

Or maybe Cadance's parents gave their lives to protect the city, while allowing someone they trusted to get their daughter out until such time that everypony could be freed. But, regular ponies don't live forever, and perhaps Alicorns age slower than normal ponies, so anyway, Cadance isn't aware of her origin.

That, or there's some kind of prophesy that foretold her coming to the kingdom. Or they just have to force Cadance to do it because Celestia and Luna are busy.

• Like 1

yeah, im really hoping that if De Lancie voiced Discord in this two parter, that he would represent the character in a different time period. I think Discord escaping again is too easy and too boring. It would be really cool for a part of the episode to jump back in time and explain what the heck happened, the details of the Discord vs. Celestia vs. Luna, and how it relates to this "King Somber"

Season 3, come now.

Also, for anyone expecting Chrysalis. I'll be surprised if we see Chrysalis at all in season 3. Because Cook/Price is doing the comic stories so they don't collide with the episodes, and they have revealed that Chrysalis would be the main antagonist in the comics.

EDIT: ALSO, i just realized that in that clip, the crystal ponies have hexagonal-shaped glare in their eyes. interesting. :!:

EDIT: ALSO, i just realized that in that clip, the crystal ponies have hexagonal-shaped glare in their eyes. interesting. :!:

Also also:

Twilight: 'King Sombers spell must be why their coats aren't all..."crystally"..'

Mineral based ponies!

Liking the buildings seen in the clip there too.

Two male ponies - Two Archery cutie marks!

Fleur de Lis Cutie mark - Heraldry based that has gone through generations or is Fancy pants companion a crystal pony spy!?!?!?

So I wonder about the whole crystal part. Are they this way due to magic? it seems that whatever happened with King Somber they are changing into... well normal ponies (as Twilight said that their coats are no longer crystally).

Two male ponies - Two Archery cutie marks!

Archery is quite useful when no crystal unicorns are around to fire zappy-zap magic spells. :P

Still, I wonder why only earth ponies are..... "crystallized" and such.

well, i know exactly why there is a crystal race of ponies. The cause of this race is...

Hasbro toy lines. *snicker*

But it would be interesting to see how they explain it. Keep in mind our little pony-pulled train from "Over a Barrel" never got explained, lol

• Like 1

But it would be interesting to see how they explain it. Keep in mind our little pony-pulled train from "Over a Barrel" never got explained, lol

I always assumed that they were there to protect the engine from the natives....

Archery is quite useful when no crystal unicorns are around to fire zappy-zap magic spells. :razz:

Still, I wonder why only earth ponies are..... "crystallized" and such.

Extending on from that, does it mean that they are at the mercy of the weather like some sort of Everfree forest creature?

*Shudders*