Telephone Pictionary: Lightning Round!

Alright chums, let's do this!

Yes, it took me a while but I finally got around to setting up this game.

Previous games: Telephone Pictionary, Telephone Pictionary 2, Telephone Pictionary 3, Telephone Pictionary 4

THE RULES

Each player signs up for a specfic day. First come, first serve. The aim is to have the game played in two week's time, beginning on Monday 30th of July. If this is too early, we can reschedule.

On the first day, I will PM a line to the first player. That player will then have to draw what I have sent them and send it back to me. I will then pass this one to the next person in the list, who will have to write something that describes the picture they received, and so on and so on until everyone has had a turn.

When you receive a line, you have 24 hours to do a picture. When you receive a picture, you have 24 hours to write a line. Artists and writers share the 24 hour perios for their day. However, please try and do your task as soon as possible. If you miss your deadline without a valid reason1, the task immediately gets shifted to the next person in line, and you will be moved to the back of the queue. Miss your deadline twice and you're out.

When you sign up, try and bear in mind that you may end up waiting a day or so due to delays. Factor this in when choosing your date.

For writers: Don't be too specific. You have one line. Make it count! Be creative! Don't pick out every detail, but give the gist of what's happening in your picture.

For artists: You do not need to be a good artist. It doesn't need to be good! I cannot stress this enough. You have 24 hours, but don't think that means you should try to create a masterpiece in that time. A 10 minute sketch drawn with a mouse in MS Paint is perfectly fine, and it makes things interesting for the next person in line!

These rules are subject to change. Suggestions will be considered.

Monday 30th July

Line: Diego Havoc

Drawing: Davroth

Tuesday 31st July

Line: Phil

Drawing: AsthmaticPegasus

Wednesday 1st August

Line: Weesh

Drawing: Fawkes

Thursday 2nd August

Line: Tenkan

Drawing: Angie Cakes

Friday 3rd August

Line: Tales

Drawing: BrainedBySaucepans

Saturday 4th August

Line: Imagination

Drawing: Sulvuss

Sunday 5th August

Line:

Drawing:

1: Valid reasons: Accidents and emergencies. Invalid reasons: "I forgot", "I didn't have time" etc.

Jot my name down for a drawing, Wednesday if you please, dearest sir! :3

And if we end up needing to double up at all, feel free to throw my name down anywhere it may be needed, OTHER than Saturday and Sunday.

And just one or two little critiques:

Should the Lines really have 24 hours to get their lines in? That seems a bit excessive to me.

I was thinking something like an 8-12 hour deadline for lines.

Cuz ALL they have to do is jump onto Canterlot, give their picture a look over and send a line on its way: 10 minutes all together, max. Could even be done from a smartphone.

Cuz ALL they have to do is jump onto Canterlot, give their picture a look over and send a line on its way: 10 minutes all together, max. Could even be done from a smartphone.

Some people wake up and go straight to work without checking Canterlot, which could mean they're off site for 15 hours or so. Although, if they know what their day is supposed to be, I guess that's an indication that they should find time to check.

And just one or two little critiques:

Should the Lines really have 24 hours to get their lines in? That seems a bit excessive to me.

Some people wake up and go straight to work without checking Canterlot, which could mean they're off site for 15 hours or so. Although, if they know what their day is supposed to be, I guess that's an indication that they should find time to check.

This was my reasoning, yeah. I don't actually expect anyone to take that long, but due to timezones and work schedules and such, I'm not sure 8-12 hours would be feasable.

Sorry I've been quiet about this lately. Stuff came up.

Anyway, Weesh, you're in. And I have email addresses for both Fawkes and Angie, and they still wish to participate. That leaves us with 7 spots left, though I may cut the last day if we don't get many more people. I'll also move the game forward a week if we don't get enough people by Saturday.

Are there two concurrent games going on? How can both the writer and the artist have 24 hours if they sign up for the same day?

Er, that's bad writing on my part, sorry. Two people are effectively sharing the same 24 hour slot. My reasoning is that lines don't really take long to write, so the deadline is mostly for the pictures. Ideally the pictures shouldn't take long either, but some like to put the extra effort in. And then there's potential problems with uploads and such.