Cheerilee is WHAT?!

Kirby Krackle

That's probably a G3 toy. I think that's the Gen where Cheerilee was Scootaloo's sister. Remember that a LOT of the names in FiM are recycled from previous pony toys.

I think I died a little inside. Hasbro is constantly interfering, I'm pretty sure they pulled this out there plots at the last minute. Well, get ready for some sisterly love between Scoots and Cheer in S3.

On the other hoof...I'M OKAY WITH THIS. :D

I doubt it. For one thing, this toy was probably released--well, not recently, anyway. Besides, we've seen how show accurate toys were before. Applejack had a pink truck and hat in season one, plus all the random pets that come with the single pack mane 6.

Going off the tale, I'm going to say G3.5, which we all know was putrid anyways.

I think that crossed my mind too.

That's G3 packaging, you learn to discern from even the color pallette used. On G3 Scootaloo seemed older, but if her future is on the past then... Scoots could be related with the doctor? She kinda looks like a chicken Doctor and Derpy's offspring...

Edit: check this: http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Scootaloo

Development

Scootaloo is based on the Generation 3 Earth pony of the same name. However, her color scheme is based on that of Sparkleworks, a Generation 3 Earth pony. Unlike Sparkleworks, Scootaloo had a pink and purple mane and tail (occasionally ponytails in the Core 7 serials) and a butterfly cutie mark. Scootaloo is also the younger sister of Cheerilee in Generation 3.

I think someone is trolling with that package, as you can see so little of it. Scootaloo was an earth pony in G3 and Cheerilee's younger sister, (this remained true trough all the G3 derivatives).

I would definitely be surprised if that ended up being what goes down in Season 3 (hypothetically of course since it's been established that the box is g3(.5)) Even if it were a G4 box, as mention before in this thread, it would probably just be another mistake made by Hasbro. Which makes me wonder how these mistakes are even made. Do they just not get the memos of what's cannon in the show? It's one thing to be lenient on these things, and to try to make something pink to attempt to appeal to the younger audience more, but some of the mistakes are ridiculous and pointless, like the pets for example. If the show are supposedly 30 minutes commercials, then wouldn't it be smarter to have the pets and critters in the show accurate to the toy like (or vice versa for our sake)?