The episode where you knew you liked the show

hinata2000100

OK, so this is not a "what was your first episode" thread, but rather, a thread about the episode where you KNEW you liked the show. I mean, I'm pretty sure everyone on their first couple episodes were like "Meh, this is OK", but what was the episode where you were like "Hey, this show's pretty dang good!"

For me, it was Dragonshy. An episode about Fluttershy (because I liked her even before I was a true brony) just had me sold.

So, yeah, post away! ;)

For me it was more of an overall feel, I watched Sonic Rainboom, Feeling Pinkie Keen and Stare Master (the most recent episodes at the time) and thought the show was decent enough for me to watch from the start.

After watching the premiere up to around Bridle Gossip, I realized that the show was consistently entertaining unlike many others with constant useless filler or just plain boring/bad storylines. It's around then that I considered myself a part of the fandom.

I liked the show after the first two. It was really pretty immediate. :)

That said, I think it was the fifth episode, Griffon the Brush Off, for me that made me decide that this was something truly special. Gilda really amused me and just impressed me in a way that that unicorn in the episode after hers seems to have done with more people. That episode just made me so eager and excited to watch more. It still remains among my personal favorites. ;)

Well I started on A Dog and Pony Show as my first episode (my friend was watching it), then went back and started from the beginning in marathon style (it's how I watch shows).

Soon as Rarity finished her song in Suited for Success I knew I had found the holy grail of cartoons.

I grew up on 90's cartoons, the ones that were really, really well done, with great characters, and humour for both kids and adults alike.

As such, I was drawn almost immediately, because this show has much of the same style behind it.

The first episode I saw was Bridle Gossip, played by someone in a Gmod theatre server. I had heard about the whole brony phenomena, and had seen it around the net, and kinda wanted to check it out, so I figured this was as good a chance as any. Stood my character in a good spot and started watching, chatting with the others about the episode. When I realized just how good it was, I kept watching. The next video was a YouTube Poop of the episode Dragonshy, but that just made me want to check it out more. When I logged off, I started watching from episode one, and by the time I reached Dragonshy I was hooked.

Well I started on A Dog and Pony Show as my first episode (my friend was watching it), then went back and started from the beginning in marathon style (it's how I watch shows).

Soon as Rarity finished her song in Suited for Success I knew I had found the holy grail of cartoons.

Dog and Pony show solidified Rarity as best pony.

I saw Applejack's Family (AJ was my favorite pony as a child, which is the reason I checked out the show in the first place, beyond the fact that anytime Amid on Cartoon Brew complains about something in a crazy and doom-saying manner, it's more incentive to check it out)

I immediately posted this: http://www.flickr.co...tch/5093678301/

Hmmm, I see that I have a different approach.

I watched in order, and got to the end of episode 8, "look before you sleep". A fine episode, but not amazing.

At the end of that show, my thoughts were as follows: "I just watched an episode of a little girl's cartoon about sleepovers, and I can't wait to put in the next episode."

It was not until that point that I realized that I would watch them all.

Perhaps it would have been as early as some of you guys if I were a bit more self-aware.

This is similar to my experience with the webcomic "gunnerkrigg court". I was just checking it out, but after I read the chapter about school girls getting haircuts, and I STILL wanted to read on, I realized I was hooked.

• Like 1

Hmmm, I see that I have a different approach.

I watched in order, and got to the end of episode 8, "look before you sleep". A fine episode, but not amazing.

At the end of that show, my thoughts were as follows: "I just watched an episode of a little girl's cartoon about sleepovers, and I can't wait to put in the next episode."

It was not until that point that I realized that I would watch them all.

Perhaps it would have been as early as some of you guys if I were a bit more self-aware.

This is similar to my experience with the webcomic "gunnerkrigg court". I was just checking it out, but after I read the chapter about school girls getting haircuts, and I STILL wanted to read on, I realized I was hooked.

Honestly what I had sat down and watched didnt really click until I looked at my Itunes and saw this:

s1_screencap_by_bladezeromus-d5if2gg.png

s2_screencap_by_bladezeromus-d5if2m7.png

• Like 1

Could you explain why you posted these pictures? I'm not seeing the link.

I didn't realize that I was hooked on the show until I noticed that I had all of the episode in MP4s and sorted into playlists.

Kinda like how you dont realize how much of a show youve been watching on demand until you check your history.

I realised towards the end of S1 Ep2* at the part where Twilight is alone, she hears her friends coming and gets 'the spark'.

I can't remember my exact thought process but something along the lines of:

????

I was just watching this to see what the fuss was about... Why the 'frick' am I tearing up?

Happy ending

I am gonna watch the HECK out of the other episodes!

*I watched them in order, although others have said this may not be the best way to get into it. Turns out it was right for me, not just because of the above but because I'm an 'old-school' DnDer so the epic adventure part was already appealing to me before the deciding point.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not really sure on which episode I got totally hooked to be a brony. I watched the entire first season in a marathon, and there was no this 'pull', and I was ready just to forget ever watching it. Then my friend suggested to try Lesson Zero and Luna Eclipsed first before I closed the case.

Yeah, I love that two episode more than the 1st season :blush: