Meet the Bronies: Which are you?

weesh

73 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of brony are you?

• Creative
    • Moderate
    • Hipster
    • Something else/Not a fan of these classifications

We all appreciate the show in different ways, often in many ways that define all of the traits the video is describing, and more. We should not short change ourselves as fans and fly just one banner. Fly them all!

Or none at all, if that's okay you with you, that is! :oops:

As a matter a fact, Rosewinds right!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I struggled a bit with this. But I've come to the conclusion that I'm creative. I don't draw. I haven't submitted any fan fictions. I don't create remixes and I can't carry a musical tune to save my life. But I declare myself creative because of what I've established for myself here in canterlot's role play section. Role play is definitely a form of creativity, and I can't say that it's not a valid form of creativity that I have grown to love and own. I don't really even consider myself a good writer, but what's in my head always seems to swim creative thoughts, and thats what I feel makes me a 'creative' brony.

Some people would classify creative bronies as people that submit 'useful material' to the fandom. The problem I have with that definition is that what is considered 'useful' is going to vary based on what type of person and perspective you're looking from. In fact, it's very possible that there is a FiM show artist who is a brony but not a creative brony, because of the way they interpret the fandom. These vague classification has more to do with how the brony feels about their place in the fandom, more than it does their occupation or talents. FiM has inspired a lot of people to start drawing. But I wonder how many people were already good at drawing before the show and started drawing ponies because it was 'cool'. Sounds like a hipster to me! :smug:

Voted for Option 4: I consider all this fan-classification stuff to be pointless. Especially since all other fandoms can be divided in pretty much the same way give or take a few details.....

Voted for Option 4: I consider all this fan-classification stuff to be pointless. Especially since all other fandoms can be divided in pretty much the same way give or take a few details.....

I appreciate this.

^ But classification is fun

This too!

I only posted this because I thought it was silly and the classification amused me.

Frankly when I flex my creative arm its not going to be with somebody else's characters

More elboration on what your saying would be great. No one says you have to be crearive with othees characters. Draw, voice act, or whatever with your own.

1. Some people aren't creative because they find that doing so is stupid.

I mean, some people think it's not a good idea to make art, songs, or fanfics about ponies. Some people even think that all of this fanwork is actually harmful to the fandom.

2. Not everyone is creative, or has the ability to express the creativeness.

Not everyone can draw, has access to the equipment to make music, or exactly creative in the writing department.

For example, someone who really wants to make some electronica song can't due to not having a mixing table.

3. Not all creative ideas will actually have any impact on the community.

For example, if I were to make a metal song about ponies, it would only receive a few views in comparison to the electronica music, because the fandom is more into electronica than metal. Certain forms of fan made art and genres of fanfics and music will only do so well based on popularity. I could spend months on the song, have it be one of the best songs of all time, just to be shadowed by something else.

I had plenty to say, but ill short hoof it. Everyone is creative. Creativity doesn't limit itself to fanfiction, drawing, or music.

I'm not saying that you have to have an "impact" on the community. I'm saying contribute. Two entirely different things. Quite honestly, I could draw a pony and only show it to 2 of my friends and still be contributing to the community. That's just the way I see it.

I had plenty to say, but ill short hoof it. Everyone is creative. Creativity doesn't limit itself to fanfiction, drawing, or music.

True, creativity isn't limited to fantiction, art, or music. However, you seem to be using creativity as a subjective term. What are your views on what creativity is and isn't?

I'm not saying that you have to have an "impact" on the community. I'm saying contribute. Two entirely different things. Quite honestly, I could draw a pony and only show it to 2 of my friends and still be contributing to the community. That's just the way I see it.

Although you don't need to have your creativity impact the community, it might seem pointless when it doesn't.

Lets use building a house as an example. Lets also say that you want to help, and you have the skills/resources needed. You can contribute via donating a good supply of wood, just to have none of it be used. Now all of that wood will be thrown away. You could offer your support in building it, but no one wants it, or the part you help build will never be used. And if anything, that part will probably just be removed because it's unwanted.

My point here is that you can "contribute," but if it doesn't have any real impact, are your efforts actually helping it grow? Just because you helped/made something doesn't mean it's actually growing the thing you're attempting to aid.

I could draw all of the best pictures in the world, just to have none of it be recognized by anyone. At this point, my creativity isn't being used to help grow the fandom, but instead being used as entertainment for myself or my friends. I could make a good song. Maybe the video of that song only receives a few hundred views. I probably didn't grow the community, but instead gave entertainment to those who were willing to view it.

My point here is that maybe instead of being creative to grow the fandom, people are instead creative for entertainment purposes. It's also possible that some of us have misinterpreted creativeness as a way to grow the fandom, instead as the means to kill boredom.

Now that I think about it, you don't have to be creative in order to help the community grow. For example, making a forum for bronies. Starting a forum up probably isn't the most creative thing to do, but you give an outlet for other bronies to interact with each other on, thus helped to make the community grow.

Also, do we really have to help grow the fandom? I know you didn't actually state that it was an obligation to help the fandom grow, but maybe we don't have to. Most bronies come to sites like this to be entertained, make friends, and just have fun, not to grow the brony fandom. For example, if someone was making art for fun, that fun would be ruined if it was just used more to grow the fandom instead.

My point here is that doing anything just to grow the fandom seems, at least in my opinion, is more of a stupid idea. People don't join the fandom for work. They join it for fun!

More elboration on what your saying would be great. No one says you have to be crearive with othees characters. Draw, voice act, or whatever with your own.

If I am going to write a story I am going to write something that is my own creation not a fan fiction. I don't think every fan should need to contribute to the community because that doesn't really interest me except for a couple of comedy pieces I've written

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Everyone is 'creative' even solving mathmatical problems requires creativity. If you didn't have creativity you literally would die it's a basic part of human problem solving.

Yes this fandom has a tonne of art and music so does every fandom we just have more of us.

To be honest... I never got these classifications.

For me there are just:

●Active fans (all guys who do something more than just watching)

●Passive fans (fans who are just watching the show and probably buy some products)

I think we can't sorted fans to "creative", "moderates" and"hipsters" cause some bronies just aren't so good at creating of new stuff. But that doesn't mean they aren't active fans and they don't do anything.

Everybody of us has the place in the community of bronies. No matter what they do or not.

Ahh, I'm blabling nonsences again. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I want to build a class off of Moderate and say "Dedicated". I absolutely love the Brony community, it's full of so many wonderful people and I honestly wish to do everything I can to give back to them what I can. This community and show have made me so happy, and have cause a significant difference in my life. For long now, I've been searching for my actual purpose in this community. Where I can go to shine the absolute brightest. I want to find and play my part. :)

Archived