the best pony singing voice

kunio18

okay so you lot out there. who do you recon has the best voice for singing when it comes down the mane 6 or anyone else that has sang so far in the show

for me its gotta be either a tie between applejack or pinkie pie i just love apple jacks accent the way it fits perfectly with all the stuff that she says and for pinkie pie, shes just rad over all, <3

what do you lot say or suggest ?

Rarity wins. Kazumi's voice is magic.

Celestia deserves special mention though. Her speaking voice is probably my favorite on the show, and her showing as singer did not disappoint.

Special mention also goes to Cadance and Chrysalis (This Day Aria's reprise was glorious and needed to be longer). I was also rather impressed with the verse Diamond Tiara threw off in the latest ep and want to see more, and, well, Cheese Sandwich's voice makes me smile with all kinds of nostalgia and stuff.

Ashleigh Ball has a lovely singing voice too, which she brings to both her characters. ;)

Gotta love Pinkies voice, it's so cheery and fun and just puts me in a good mood to listen to her sing, next though has got to be Rarity because it's such a wonderful sound, puts my ears in heaven. AJ is a close 3rd for me though, almost hard to choose between AJ and Rarity as number 2 honestly.

Personally, I'd say either Cadence, Chrysalis, Rarity, or Rainbow Dash. If you really twisted my arm and demanded I answer, though, I'd probably say Chrysalis.

We only have one song to cite as an example for Chrysalis, but in that one song, she just utterly nails it; you can feel the malice and intent behind every note, and Cadence's verses (also excellent, and what I cite for her place on my list) provide a contrast in tones that is simply wonderful. In this case, it's really hard to tell if it's the song itself, the singers, or both who are bringing the excellence into the music. It's a bit of a murky call on that basis.

On just singing voice alone with more examples to cite, I'd probably go with Rarity. Everything she sings is beautiful to listen to, and she can hit the high notes without any difficulty. She also has a good control of her inflections and putting the feel in the notes, which leads to examples like the gradual shifts in underlying tone that occurs in a few of her songs (e.g. "Art of the Dress").

You all know my answer before I say it, but I'm still gonna say it, Ashleigh Ball is best singer of the M6 (though like the others I agree Celestia deserves special mention). I'm amazed how well she can sing AJ and Dash's respective voice without losing AJ's accent or Dash's rasp, Also I love the singing voice for Dash, it's just slightly different than the speaking voice but sounds legit (if you pay very close attention, most people's singing and speaking voices differ slightly) Some of the others... like Rarity... great VA, great Singer, but Kasumi Evans is just slightly off-pitch for the singing, imo, it becomes evident when rarity's speaking for a time, then starts talking (like in SaE)

Also (you all knew this was coming too) special mention to Maddy Peters (we really do NOT get to hear enough of Scoots!) and also to Michelle Creber (who has to sing _2_ ponies, usually in the same song!)

y'know..... actually i actually like D.T's voice in the first song in Pinkie's Pride. she sings like a proffesional even thought she's a foal. so do i but i'm guessing we're talking about canon characters

of course theres Sweetie Belle and the other CMCs sing fairly well when Scoots isn't singing bad for comedy...... GAH TO MANY VOICES TO CHOOSE FROM. oh and Discord of course. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jqO_JW6s4EM

Fluttershy's voice is certainly amazing, so is Rarity's and that of Celestia but if I have to choose one, it would either be Rarity or Celestia. I suppose it's so hard to choose a number one because of the fact that Celestia has only sang one song whilst Rarity has at least 5 or so on her resumé? Either way, I love the calm and kind voice of Celestia, *sigh* such a shame the dutch Celestia is a bit dissapointing...

Let's also not forget John though, who did an awesome job at Discord's first and only song so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Fools! Octavia has the best singing voice.

Just kidding.

Really, I think Chrysalis has the best voice. Mostly because her appearance makes me think of Anastasia... where rasputin sings. It was kinda the MLP version of that... sort of.

I think they all have such different singing voices, it's hard to judge!

My personal favourites are Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Rarity - but that might be just because they're my favourite ponies ;)

But I think they sound best together - like in "A True, True Friend" <3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After You'll Play Your Part, I think I might actually say Cadance has the best singing voice, at least technically. Brit McKillip has a great range and strength to her voice; she really digs into her parts in that song and successfully makes it all soar along. Makes it very clear that This Day Aria was no mistake. She makes that song more than Kazumi or Nicole.

Granted, both Kazumi and Nicole are still amazing. The same song gave us more proof to that. Celestia's tone is so sweet and melodic even if I'm not sure she has quite as much power to her voice and Kazumi, whether as Rarity or Luna, really is just all around amazing.

Archived