Spellbound Open House Extravaganza & Princess Twilight Honoring Ceremony (Open)

Bellosh

2lcohw5.jpg

Granted the go-ahead from Applejack, Moondancer concentrated energy in her horn for the task she was about to do. Because the unicorn had already explained her intentions, she felt it’d be boring now to only do a teleportation trick. Something a bit more ambitious needed to be done to impress the guest, and Moony knew just what to do. She’d swap Applejack’s hat for somepony else’s! And the magical girl already had eyes on AJ’s headgear replacement.

A magic glow manifested itself around the hats worn by Applejack and Presteza, Moondancer taking a few seconds to get a feel for those objects before daring to begin her spell. She’d need to have perfect awareness and concentration to make sure nothing went wrong! When the young mare was ready, Moondancer fired away, and almost instantly, reddish poofs of magic bursted on top of the targeted ponies’ heads. When the smoke cleared, AJ now wore the hat of the painter pony, and vice versa. Except for harmless wisps of smoke billowing from AJ’s cowgirl hat, all items were in perfect condition.

“Why don’t you check the top of your head now, Applejack?” the guild hostess cheekily grinned. Moondancer said nothing to Pressy, busy being nuzzled by everyone’s favorite silver fox, wondering if she’d even notice the magic swap. It’d be amusing if Pressy remained oblivious.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Yes Grey Lexis," Professor Hoofcourt Magic confessed, "we both have slightly different philosophies on the use of magic, perhaps we'll have to agree to disagree on some points. However, I do believe this Guild is a worthwhile organization, otherwise I wouldn't be here to support it. I guess desire for things to remain as they are comes with age, and I certainly have quite a bit of age on me, don't I? Of all the magical powers unicorns possess, one spell that will always elude them is a spell for eternal youth. Or, is that one of the kind of spells this Guild will be working on?"

Hoofcourt giggled, he meant it as a joke. But as he giggled, Dr. Gears approached, introduced himself as Grey Lexis added to his introduction with great zest.

"Now now, Lexis, I wouldn't go THAT far," the elderly unicorn stallion said with a smile as he turned towards Dr. Gears. "Good to see you again, Doctor. I was a patient at your facility a few weeks ago, perhaps you don't remember me. Came for my annual medical checkup but I had to stay a few days when it was discovered I had a slight case of dehydration. Wasn't drinking enough liquids, that's what the attending physican told me and had me drinking so much water, I could swear I was turning into a fish! You have a fine medical staff, Doctor, a credit to your profession. I must ask, what brings you here to this Guild meeting?"

• 2 weeks later...

aes37n.jpg

Oh right. Nocturne Wisp was just being himself and considering the wonderful mood Pocket Change was currently experiencing, his old friend just seemed extra gloomy today. This always bothered the stallion, as his the unicorn had a pretty good life. He was both clever, handsome, skilled with magic and had a rather interesting job. If only Pocket had been into magic like he was now, back then. He would have probably ended up with a career like his old foal-hood friend. While they both did a good deal of research, there was also the traveling, and adventures as well. But instead of rooting around in piles of dirt, hoping to find traces and relics of Pre-Unification Equestria, his old friend sought out magical anomalies!

His friend also had the ever adorable Dazzle Dawn sharing their flat. While they never had time to really talk, the stallion rather liked the mare. She was bouncy, fun, and pretty darn good looking to boot. Dazzle was happy sun to Nocturne's grumpy wisp-clouds. He had hoped her personality would have rubbed off on the stallion and give him a few extra reasons to smile, and while he was still his usual 'Gloomy Gus', there was always hope. "And it's good to see you as always Miss Dawn. You're looking as pulchritudinous as ever!", the stallion liked to throw in a crazy word from time to time to make him appear smarter than he really was. "And I'm excited to see that you're going to be joining our happy little guild!". While he had heard rumors that the girl was not very good at magic and had done rather poorly with the U.M.A.T. This Pocket could not believe, and even if she was a weak magic user, this guild would be of great use to her. "Care for some punch?" He tried his very best not to chuckle as she tried her best to get the stallion to smile with a hug. It almost looked like his friend was blushing, or was that a trick of the light?

If she wanted a cup, the unicorn will levitate one over to her. "Yay Party Punch!", he gave her a wink before turning his attention back to his friend.

"So you went to the Everfree? You'll have to tell me all about it.", he added as he took another sip from his glass, "Some guildies and I were just there not that long ago. Did some exploring in the old castle. Found a most incredible tree that I believe had not been there before, or at least maybe it was hidden. Now I know you were doing some research, but what exactly were you looking for?"

OOC: Whoops! I had forgotten to reply to Rarity's post! Bad me!

As she waited for the opening ceremonies, Fire Heart got lost in the conversations swirling around her. She could only pick out a few things here and there as to what they were talking about like two stallions arguing over some philosophical debate or Moondancer showing Applejack a trick. Crowds of many ponies in such a small area did make Fire feel uncomfortable not only that she preferred open space but also her nagging fear of her abilities getting out of control would be disastrous with so many in a place like this.

"Good evening, miss... Fire Heart, right? How are you today?"

Fire looked around to see the source of who was introducing himself to find a stallion dressed in a fez. She remembered seeing him before, possibly at the introduction meeting.

"Oh hello... err... geee I'm having trouble with names today. Yours was... Memory something? And aside from that I'm doing fine. How are you today? I never imagined so many ponies showing up to this grand opening."

MemoryLane_zpse69aa6cc.png

"Oh hello... err... geee I'm having trouble with names today. Yours was... Memory something? And aside from that I'm doing fine. How are you today? I never imagined so many ponies showing up to this grand opening."

"Lane, Memory Lane. I'm doing great, Fire, and thank you for asking." Well, from first impressions at least, this mare seemed nice enough. Maybe a little nervous, but hayseeds, so was he at this point. He offered her a genuine smile, not really minding that she didn't know his name; prefect or not, up until this year he hadn't gotten out much, buried in schoolwork as he had been. "I'm just as surprised about the number of candidates here as you are. I decided to, ah, perused a book in the corner over there when there weren't as many ponies here, and when I looked up a few minutes later I saw all of this!" He waved a hoof out at the mass of ponies surrounding them while pointedly not mentioning that 'a few minutes' was probably closer to half an hour, given how engrossed in that book he'd become.

"I'd call it crowded if the place didn't feel so inviting. You can kind of feel that everypony's having a blast here, you know? It's a far cry from how the parties back at the School for Gifted Unicorns used to be, at least." Lane let himself relax and become more casual, still wearing a soft smile. Fire Heart was a fellow CSGU student, and if she had attended any sort of social function there, he had no doubt she knew what he was talking about.

Gigavolt watched curiously as Asteria took the marble, trading it for a new object. The way her gaze darted around the room, he thought that she had perhaps seen something interesting or maybe there was a secret to her craft that she didn't want just anypony know, but chose to divulge unto him. His breath caught in his throat, awaiting the knowledge that the crimson maned mare was about to impart. The words she spoke both relieved him and somewhat frustrated him at the same time. Were the theatrics really necessary? It was just a rubber ball. Gigavolt could be pretty selfish at times, but even that thought was a bit much for him. Banishing it, he listened to what she had to say intently. The make of the thing was obviously important to her, probably to the point that she took some level of pride in it. He knew that he wouldn't want anypony thinking about his interests the way just thought about the importance of the ball.

"Ah, thank you, Asteria. I'll be sure to put this to good use after this open house," he responded, tucking the ball into the pocket on his coat. Gigavolt made a mental note to look for her courier office tomorrow. It was an interesting career to be sure, originally he hadn't thought her the "But for now, there are observations to be made." He looked towards the group of ponies near the punch bowl. "Seems that something interesting is being discussed. It was nice meeting you." Gigavolt nodded to her and quietly stalked up to the punch bowl. Scooping some of the beverage into a cup, he perked his ears up and listened for any interesting tidbits that might be said.

Razor Gears

Razor smiled at Grey. When he mentioned Hoofcourt's name he exclaimed "AH! So he is the legendary magic professor I've heard so much about from the school I was never able to attend!" Though Razor was rather happy with where he went and really felt no inclination to move to Canterlot for medical school, he still heard stories of 'Star Swirl.' And shortly thereafter Razor heard the words "agree to disagree." Razor shook his head "It is a shame, it seems as though I have come too late for an interesting meeting of the minds." Razor looked a mite dissapointed by this turn of events, still it was not often that he had the opportunity to meet a legend in magic, he knew he had made the right choice to join this guild.

The good professor then turned to him relaying thanks. It appeared as though he saw him in the halls of the hospital. Regrettably he did not recall this chance meeting. Razor laughed nervously rubbing the back of his neck. "I regret to say I do not recall seeing you there. Though... there is a good change that I was muzzle down in a file reviewing my latest research. I am happy your visit was a pleasant one and that my colleges were able to get you well again. We have some of the best doctors in Equestria!" The doctor said proudly. Though he knew that most of his work was done outside of the hospital. "Most of my practice is done outside of the hospital though. Ponies without the means or perhaps bits for an actual hospital visit. They have even expanded the program! It is to the point that I may be able to transfer to Canterlot Hospital where they have a better magical medicine research facilities. It is a tough decision though." The doctor paused and looked at the Professor intently. "Now I must ask... I have heard many stories about you... how many are true... For instance... I heard you quelled an entire parasprite infestation once, single hoofed. I thought that was princess level magic." The doctor inquired.

Princess Celestia

Speaking of Princesses... it was a long time coming that Celestia inspected the new Guild, a guild that she and Star Swirl kind of had when she was younger. The exploration and experimentation of magic. Not to mention just regular exploration, though she wasn't sure if she should tell any of *those* stories as they were a bit embarrassing for her. She approached the warehouse that bared the emblem of Spellbound, and slowly opened the doors ajar, trying to not cause a stir. She cantered inside hoping to not cause too much of a commotion, but she knew once she was noticed it would likely be all over.

She spotted Moondancer who was busy trying to impress... Applejack? Well that's one pony she didn't expect to see at a magic gathering. Though she supposed that it was likely Twilight's influence. "This is a lovely guild you have put together Moondancer. You would have made Star Swirl proud; I am sure of it." The princess greeted her intern, as she looked at Applejack. "Though I must say, it is surprising to see you here Applejack. I can only guess you are here due to Twilight's influence" She smiled warmly at the orange earth pony.

Icybanner_zps47801f3d.png

To say that there was a lot going on at the guild was an understatement. In fact there was so much going on at once that Ice Storm had absolutely no idea where she would be needed or where she would be intruding. As she looked around she could see about five different conversations going on, and the fact that she was the only one here that was in a dress made her wonder what type of open house this was supposed to be. She remembered the one open house she had been to before was semi-formal and she had worn her dress to it. "No... wait a second, the open house was at the castle and I had went there because the streets were empty... It was the gala I wore this dress to," she reminded herself as she made her way to the punch bowl and took a few cups from it just kind of watching everypony. She figured that she would try to mingle with others eventually, but it seemed everypony else was already busy doing so and figured if anypony wanted to mingle with her, they would approach her.

That was of course until she saw Princess Celestia enter the open house. Of all the ponies that she expected to be here tonight, she couldn't say she was expecting her to show up. The more she thought about it though, the more it did kinda make sense. Moondancer worked for Princess Celestia, so it, in hindsight seemed only natural that she would come and check up on the guild that she was making. She began to make her way to her and Moondancer who seemed to have finished whatever dance it was that they were doing. Ice got dizzy just following it, and she knew that if she had tried that, she would have been bed-ridden for a week. She gave a smile and a bow. "Good evening Princess," she said giving a smile to Moondancer and... Applejack? When did she get here, and more importantly, what was she doing here? She was all for making friends and all, but it just didn't make any sense. Apparently her thoughts weren't alone when Princess Celestia said that she was a bit surprised to see her here. She simply waited patiently as there was no point in reasking a question that somepony else just asked.

"You're right," Fire Heartt said to Memory Lane gazing around the room, "This place did get packed quickly. It seems like I just turned around to find several ponies suddenly here. Oh an I certainly want to check out the books here to research, although maybe not right now as I don't think I'd be able to concentrate."

Probably more shocking than seeing Applejack show up being at least to her knowledge the only earth pony in attendance was seeing Princess Celestia appear. In a way it wasn't a huge surprise as Fire Heart suspected that the Alicorn would want to see this guild dedicated to magic and of course that since Princess Twilight Sparkle would be honored it was no wonder that she was there. The red unicorn guessed was that the biggest surprise was that the Princess came without the usual fanfare, but then again Celestia had been known to pay unannounced visits to the school that was her namesake and where Fire studied. It was a given that the older filly needed to at least greet the Princess.

"Hello Princess Celestia," she said giving a slight bow, "welcome to the Spellbound Guild House."

As he waited for a response from Gray Lexis, Professor Hoofcourt Magic listened carefully to Dr. Gears reply, giggling a little at the mention of the time he had taken on a parasite invasion.

"I can understand being engrossed in your work, Dr. Gears. That has happened to me many times in my career. perfectly understandable. As for the legend of my encounter with the parasprites, I must confess that over the decades, those who have told the story did embellish it a bit. I remember the day as if it were yesterday, I was only a young stallion at the time, though most of my peers had began calling me Starswirl. When a strong parasprite swarm began to attack the University, all of the sitting Professors and magic welders could not stop them. Since Princess Celestia was away at the time, all eyes turned towards me. Having watched many unicorns try and fail before, I could only come up with one solution, a longshot idea, but it was all I had. Having studied some of the old scrolls of Starswirl the Bearded, I invoked, a time reversal spell. Took every ounce of magical energy I had, but before I passed out, I saw, to the amazement of all, that it succeeded! The parasprites suddenly flew backwards, far away from the area! I was only told the details after I woke up from a hospital bed, three days later. Those who retell the story claim I zapped them all away with a mighty stroke of magic, but the truth is, I took a magical gamble, used a risky spell that I have never attempted again. That sheer act of magic caused the Dean of the University to instantly move me up to 'Master' status in my studies. but to this day, I feel I did nothing special. It was an act of desparation, not supreme wisdom."

The bearded blue unicorn stallion stopped his story when he spotted Princess Celestia in the area. Quickly, the elderly unicorn turned and bowed before her.

"Princess Celestia, it is always an honor to be in your presence!"

banner_applejack_zpscd51b6b0.png

Applejack's heart pounded double time as Moondancer's horn started glowing. Without much description on what exactly was to be done with her hat, it was quite obvious Applejack was nervous. She didn't take too lightly magic being manipulated on her, especially since her abuses with magic in the past involve Winter Wrap Up rule breaking and a tyrant magician unicorn who think dominating Ponyville with an over-powered amulet who liked to crash he body into sharp wooden objects for punishment, but also as a reward. It would be normal for Applejack to resist the likes of magic. Of course, since Twilight Sparkle became close friends with Applejack, a little of that prejudice was but aside.

Her hat vanished. And Applejack started sweating buckets of apple-scented perspiration from her golden blonde mane. The floor would need mopping. Soon, Applejack felt the sensation of something else on her head, and when she would grab it and look at it, it was obvious it was the hat that belonged to her dear friend Presteza, who wasn't standing that far away. "Oh... Pressy! It's just yer hat. You must have mine." Applejack walked over to Presteza and traded hats with her, giving a close side hug as she did it. Though it may have come off grabby, Applejack didn't like parting with her hat. And within a short second it was placed back on her head firmly. A sigh of relief exhaled out of the orange mare's mouth. Of course, at this point, her pelt was likely a very pale hue.

There would only be enough time to re-colorize her face in the sight of so many unicorns gaining their attention to the magic trick, before the attention was they shifted, almost entirely, to the stature of Princess Celestia who walked in the room. Applejack was tempted to blurt out a rude inquisition as to why she was here, as she was unannounced and a surprise, but she herself would have been hypocritical to show up in a place that isn't her element any more than it would be Celestia's. As she greeted everyone, she admitted to be surprised to see Applejack in a place like this, hinting at Twilight's influence. "Yeah, influence. Right." Applejack was beginning to think this was all a joke played on Applejack by Twilight. And she felt alone in a crowd of unicorns greeting her all having the same facial expression. That expression that smirks and says, 'what in the wide world or Equestria are you doing here?'.

Of course, there was Java. "So, Javasun. Some unicorn friend of yours drag you here?" She said with an eye roll and a smile.

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngshiningbuttonsig_zps6d87c176.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

MemoryLane_zpse69aa6cc.png

"You're right. This place did get packed quickly. It seems like I just turned around to find several ponies suddenly here. Oh and I certainly want to check out the books here to research, although maybe not right now as I don't think I'd be able to concentrate."

Memory Lane chuckled; Fire Heart and himself seemed to be on the same wavelength insofar as the crowd and the collection of books at the Guild Hall were concerned. Any reply he might have had, however, was chased out of his mind by the impromptu arrival of none other than Princess Celestia, with absolutely zero forewarning or fanfare. A part of him wasn't surprised- he knew better than most that the Princess loved to visit the School for Gifted Unicorns without pomp or apparent purpose at times. That little logical voice was drowned out by the one that was absolutely tripping over the fact that Princess Celestia was visiting a Hall already scheduled to pay honors to her former protégé. He pushed any possible deductions as to why that was aside in favor of greeting one of Equestria's diarchs.

Lane gave the Princess of the Sun a respectful bow, "Welcome, Princess Celestia. It's an honor to see you tonight." He spoke politely, but he meant it; seeing two of his biggest inspirations in one night meant a great deal to the young scholar. He glanced at his side and smiled when he saw Fire Heart also paying respect to the Princess; he hardly doubted she would, being a CSGU student as well, but it was points in his book nonetheless.

Java’s cantered to the side while his weight shifted the other way. An expression of curiosity over took him as he watched the magic trick be performed with literally no instruction or message on what they really should be watching for. There was no flash of light. No Coolum of smoke, no glowing objects. Well, there was the sudden rearranging of the hats in only a split moment. Which had caught the pony by surprised and even made him flinch a bit.

His eyes tailed the trickle of smoke that lingered from both of them as if they had just been pulled out of a dryer, and shoved out into the cold air. The pony was always curious about what caused this smoke. But it never helped when he heard the many different explanations and theories of other Unicorn ponies. Energy is what some say. And Magic is what others say. And to no real degree, did they ever bother to explain anything.

Even though there were plenty of terrible things that happened within Java’s life that involved the use of magic. Like, pretty damaging pranks from frat unicorns back in the university. Or the attempts at a hostile take-over from Nightmare Moon, TWICE. Or Queen Chrysalis suddenly ruining a royal wedding in Canterlot by brain washing a friend of his, whom is also a prince. The pony never quite build up a hatred for Magic. In fact, it was quite the opposite. As each crazy event went by, or some hot evil princess or something tries to take over. Or with each GOOD INTENT magical feat, the pony’s curiosity only grew.

He envied the ability to produce such amazing spells, or to enchant objects. But he was still proud of being a durable earth bound pony.

And then Princess Celestia showed up. The pony still wasn't quite used the mare's towering height. But at least he didn't visibly flinch or make an embarrassment out of himself again like he had done in her throne room when he went to speak with her. "Ah! Hello again, Princess!"

“Well,” Java began with a bit of distance. His lips now pursed together in thought after remembering what is reason was for being here. How odd it felt right now to seek the help of ponies who are still learning the more advanced spells. On top of that, he didn’t see a pony whom looked like an instructor yet. Well, partly because he hadn’t began his search yet. Instead, he was caught up being drug around by a savvy bohemian to meet a pony whom he already met.

His thoughts were now recollecting as he turned to face Applejack with a quite. “Not quite. I drug myself here. I might be out of place like a croc in an alligator pit. But, there is just one last thing I need to complete my project and begin testing! And that’s something only a unicorn can do unfortunately. So here I am! Hair –somewhat- decent, and overdue a few days for sleep. But it will be worth it!"

The pony now seemed a bit more energetic. And why wouldn't he be. After several years of work, he was finally close to what may just be his Magnum opus! The pony reared back onto his hind hooves and gestured up to the skies. "I am an engineer! I solve practical and impractical problems. What say you when an airship is slower than just walking the distance, and is no good for cross world deliveries and exports?! Why build a better ship! When it's complete. It will be tearing through the skies like the buckin Valkyrie Eagle!”

The pony dropped back down to all fours, and gave a light shrug. His smile still present. "Or not, to an engineer, the completion is just as important. As anyone can pick up the torch you left. Before the fire goes out."

"Ah... yes," the pony sighed in content, "excuse me. I've been working on this for a few years now. It's my baby. Which is why I'll be pretty defensive about it, or excited."

Once the pony finished his little episode, Java began searching his memory. One skill that the pony was very proud of, was his observant nature. No scientist or engineer in the world can call themselves such if they can’t do one simple thing. And do it well. And that’s to watch. But, the pony couldn’t really remember Apple Jack actually walking in with any pony. Instead, he recalled her coming in rather loud and excited. Like she wanted to party.

Java then slowly tilted his head again. This time an amused grin taking over his expression. “I don’t recall seeing you walk in with another pony, Jack," The pony chuckled in a nicker.

• 2 weeks later...

2lcohw5.jpg

Never in Moondancer’s life had she witnessed a pony appear so fretful when participating in a magic act. Even though the teleportation trick worked without a hitch, Applejack expressed no sign of amazement. In fact, the earth pony seemed ill more than anything, and for a brief moment, made Moony ask to herself what other ponies really thought about her stunts.

It was right at this moment that Princess Celestia herself, the biggest attention magnet in all of Equestria, crashed the open house. For all the acts of reverence and groveling her presence inspired throughout the general population, Celestia’s unforeseen arrival couldn’t have come at a better time for Moondancer. A single compliment was all that was required to turn the hostess into a blushing mess; “Ahh, geez Boss. I didn’t really do it alone, you know. All my guild buddies helped out too! RIGHT GUYS?” Moony looked behind her when shouting that last sentence, hoping all the Spellbound members in the room replied with lively affirmatives.

And now with a princess here, Moondancer figured that there was no point prolonging this portion of the evening any further. Sending forth for an empty cup and a spoon with levitation, the young mare tried tapping on the cup to get everyone’s attention, only to produce muted knocking sounds in the process. Apparently, cheap cups did not work as well as glass did for this sort of situation. Guess her voice alone would have to do; “Attention everypony, it’s almost time to begin the opening ceremonies! If you may, feel free to start sitting down on the hay bales, and hopefully we can things started in five minutes. For all of you ponies who’ve decided to check things out... YOU ROCK!” If attending concerts taught Moony one thing, it’s that ponies in a room always cheered when they told they rule. Works like a charm.....

aes37n.jpg

"Oh wait. You'll have to tell me about your research some other time. Maybe at the 'Pony'.", the unicorn glanced over at his beloved who was trying to get the attention of the crowd. The 'Pony' or as it was really called 'Ponyland',was an rather pleasant little jazz club the stallion regularly frequented. Pocket Change enjoyed the atomsphere, the cute barmaids and they had tables big enough so he could spread his work around without risking any spillage on his papers. The stallion was actually really interested to hear what his old friend had done, while he was good at blathering about his own adventures, the archeologist in training was also a very good listener.

"And it's always a pleasure to see you Miss Dazzle Dawn.", if she offered her hoof, the stallion will kiss it as a proper Canterlot stallion was supposed to do. Maybe she could come along, and then Pocket could bring Moondancer along, which would then make it a double-date! A few rounds of drinks and smooches from the pretty mare would help drive the crankies from the magic researcher. Pleased with his thoughts, the stallion quickly made his way towards his mare-friend. As he did, he noticed a few more familiar faces. There was 'Mister Cup-Head', a pony he was with during the rather unpleasant event that had happened during a tour he gave for a group of school-kids. They had run into some trouble, and three of the kids had been lost to the underground caverns for a few dreadful hours. Thankfully, with the exception of a few bumps and bruises, the fillies were okay. And while 'Cup-Head' was not the pony's name, Pocket's poor skills in recalling pony's names kept him from remembering. Was it Louis Lane? Wrong Lane? Lucky Lane? Something 'Lane'. If only he could remember! Gah!

He spotted Java, his imaginative and clever GM, or 'Game Master'. Few ponies actually believed that Pocket Change had been involved in a table-top gaming session with the two rulers of the Crystal Empire. Even the stallion himself found it hard to believe. But it was true! He again, eyeballed Applejack, who was still not with Princess Twilight. Hopefully she would end up attending very soon, or poor Moon's heart would surely break.

He managed to belay a gasp as Equestria's beloved Princess Celestia made her way into the guild hall. Talk about an unexpected and very pleasant surprise! Once he found himself standing near his favorite mare, the proper Canterlot pony gave his Princess a proper bow, "Always good to see you, your Majesty.". With his eyes still on the ruler, Pocket Change whispered, "Moonie. Is there anything you need me to do?"

D3OSPzi.png

His tail gave another funny flick as Change bent his neck to deliver a light kiss onto Dazzle Dawn's hooves, and Nocturne tried his hardest not to look out of place as he glanced between the two of them, eyebrows set into a glower. Not much could, or would, be said however, as the sudden surprised whispers and startled exclamations began rippling through the hall. It didn't take a university graduate to figure out what had caused it either, and Nocturne couldn't help the slight surprise that flickered over his features as the easily recognizable head of Princess Celestia began making its way across the floor.

Almost immediately, the surprise melted away into disdain as a myriad of ponies began pushing past one another to greet said Princess, causing one of Nocturne's ears to flick backwards in irritation. Yes, she was a friendly and ingrained ruler who probably remembered each and every student or pony that ever crossed her path…but she was a Princess, for Equestria's sake! Did all of them really see the need to personally greet her with anything other than a bowed head of healthy respect? For his part, Nocturne dipped his head low as Princess Celestia's gaze swept by his general direction, commonplace scowl the only sign of his annoyance as more and more ponies flocked forward to garner just a second of those warm eyes and elegant smile.

And to also bother her with a myriad different "Hello Your Highness"es.

The unicorn's inner ramblings were abruptly cut short, however, when Pocket Change suddenly spoke up, staving off their conversation for another time. Nocturne's mouth opened for all of a half-second, before he promptly closed it with an audible click of his teeth. "Pony it is," the dark unicorn promised with a nod, a barely perceptible grin crossing his features, before Pocket Change was heading across the floor towards his marefriend…though not without a stop in front of the Princess. Nocturne let out a deep sigh, but didn't say anything else as he ran his gaze briefly over Dazzle Dawn at his side, before returning his attention to Moondancer's rather…energetic, approach to the introductions.

She did bring up a just point however, making Nocturne glance around towards the various hay bales scattered around the hall for ponies to seat themselves at. He might have been worried about finding a viable seat before, but with the arrival of the Princess, the unicorn was fairly sure that would be the least of his worries - he'd just have to find the opposite end of wherever the Princess sat down, and watch as most if not all of the other ponies gravitated towards her like a moth to flame.

"You need to get back to it?" Nocturne questioned Dazzle, waving a vague hoof towards Moondancer and Pocket Change. In all truth, Nocturne wasn't certain if his roommate was here as just a senior member, or if she would be taking part in any of the administrative duties of the evening. Hay, for all he knew, she was in charge of the lighting. If anypony fell asleep during the introductions, she could blast them in the eyes with a ray of sunbeam.

The image of Dazzle Dawn indadvertedly blinding somepony with her sunlight probably shouldn't have made a normal pony chuckle lightly under his breath, but he did anyways.

6Eheoy3.jpg

Presteza

"Pressy! I figured a tough magic wrangler like yerself would be here. It's so good to see you! And howdy, Javasun."

Once Presteza finished dragging her new earth pony friend over she grinned happily at her fellow freckled pony. Applejack was one of her favorite friend's she'd met on her travels, having helped out several times on her family's farm and managing to steal second place from Applejack during the Running of the leaves she'd built a friendship up with her and her family (and a slight athletic rivalry in which she still insisted on a second race when Apple jack was free).She was slightly puzzled by that "magic wrangler" line, maybe Applejack was basing that on the time she was showing off her painting skills, although that wasn't really worth the magic wrangling title as that was just some basic -if well used- telekinesis. If there was anything that would earn this pony such a moniker it would be what she had planned for later tonight on stage...

"It's great ta see ya! How's Applebloom been doin' any luck in that cutie mark quest thing she's been up to?" She had been wondering if that slightly fiery little filly had any luck discovering her destiny. She wished she'd had the kinda gusto that little filly had when she was younger. If she'd gotten her mark sooner she could have saved on so much time with a head start on her adventures and learned even more about the world! While Applejack and Java conversed she decided she should let them get aquainted... besides, based on the feeling of a cold nose on her side she apparently had a furry friend she needed to re- introduce herself to,"Well 'ey there, Chrome! How's the most photogenic fox in spellbound been?"

“Why don’t you check the top of your head now, Applejack?” the guild hostess cheekily grinned. Moondancer said nothing to Pressy, busy being nuzzled by everyone’s favorite silver fox, wondering if she’d even notice the magic swap. It’d be amusing if Pressy remained oblivious.

"Oh... Pressy! It's just yer hat. You must have mine."

While Moony and AJ conversed and had their little interaction, Presteza was busy rubbing a certain silver fox's tummy while chuckling. She thought she felt some change on her person, mostly as if the weight of her hat had changed but ultimately she was too preoccupied to notice. Once the orange mare called to her, The freckled painter blinked a few times and glanced up at her head,"Whoa! How'd this happe--" it didn't take long for the mare to put two and two together and glance at Moondancer. After a shrug she looked at her reflection in the window and looked at herself at a few angles. "Oi, Applejack! Yer cousin was right, I do pull off a stetson pretty nicely!" she said in a chipper tone before making a few poses in front of the window and noticed a few confused looking ponies who were walking by staring at her. With a throat clearing cough she walked back to the group and levitated the hat off her head and placed it upon Applejack's, "Anyway, there's yer hat back, mate! I know it means a lot to ya."

JWdXRQO.jpg

Silver Belle

"This is a lovely guild you have put together Moondancer. You would have made Star Swirl proud; I am sure of it." The princess greeted her intern, as she looked at Applejack. "Though I must say, it is surprising to see you here Applejack. I can only guess you are here due to Twilight's influence" She smiled warmly at the orange earth pony.

The sound of a familiar voice coming from the other side of the room drew a certain high class mare's attention. It seemed that her boss had decided to stop by, it wasn't that surprising seeing as who was being named the guild-master this night. It'd been a little while since Belle managed to talk to her employer and namesake of Celestia's school for talented unicorns, Strolling over to the assembled group the older mare spoke up,"I'm certainly proud of her... you should have seen how far she's come in regards to her teleportation!"

It seemed she'd have to wait to hear what moondancer thought of her words as she apparently had something to say to her fellow guildmates...

"All my guild buddies helped out too! RIGHT GUYS?”

“Attention everypony, it’s almost time to begin the opening ceremonies! If you may, feel free to start sitting down on the hay bales, and hopefully we can things started in five minutes. For all of you ponies who’ve decided to check things out... YOU ROCK!” If attending concerts taught Moony one thing, it’s that ponies in a room always cheered when they told they rule. Works like a charm.....

Presteza

A pair of cream colored ears perked up a bit at the sound of her friend's voice. Presteza wasted no time to rear up and let out a whinny of celebration before shouting back to her friend in elation,"That's right, and we're only gonna make the guild even more awesome!"

Once Moondancer took her place on the stage and began to address the mare decided to take a seat on a bale closest to Moony. Once her friend descended she waved her over and smiled,"So um, Moony. When Should I show some ' the stuff I've been learnin'?" Presteza had asked prior to this event's opening if she could go on stage and show off some of the skills she'd acquired since she started hanging out with the spellbound crew. A lot of her magical skills had turned out to be based around bringing her painted images to life ... or at least making them move around for a short time until they dissipated.

banner_applejack_zpscd51b6b0.png

Applejack grew a smile as her concern for her hate fell away, as it was sitting on her head where it belonged again. "Oh yes. Heh heh." Applejack's chuckled lightened the mood around her a little, as she had grown tense she finally relaxed a bit. "Apple Bloom's doing fine. No cutie mark yet."

Javasun's reply to Applejack was slightly unexpected. Although Applejack didn't come here with anypony, for some reason she assumed he did. Why else would an earth pony come here except for her reason? Of course, Java's reasoning seemed sound. Although if Applejack needed a unicorn she would have just gone to Rarity, not a unicorn convention. "No I didn't come here with anypony. But I guess I have more friends here than I expected."

One of these friends was Presteza, doing a good job mingling around. "Yeah so, Apple Bloom..."

Applejack's wonderful dialog spilling an embarrassing moment in Apple Bloom's life was cut off by Moondancer's plea for everyone to gather for the meeting. This was Applejack's cue to position herself properly. Instead of gathering in the middle, Applejack walked quietly to the side where she could be prompted when ready.

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngshiningbuttonsig_zps6d87c176.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

((There will be an addendum for Razor Gears and Trekker later... I need to get Princess Celestia's post out while I have the inspiration for it... Also apologies for not greeting everypony... I'm sure Celestia will interact with everyone eventually :):Celest: ))

A familiar elderly unicorn turned an greeted by whom she considered to be an old friend, who had been nicknamed after an even older friend. "Greetings 'Star Swirl,'" the princess playfully with a wink called him by his nickname. "It is quite a pleasure to see you again, and you seem to be as spritly as ever. It is wonderful to see." Celestia happily greeted the stallion. "It is nice to see that this guild has attracted such great unicorns such as yourself who will be able to help and teach the next generation even past the classroom."

The princess smiled at Applejack, sensing there was more to it than just Twilight's influence. But still, it was not the princess's place to pry into the private motivations of her citizens. Whatever the reason Celestia figured it would be interesting for the Apple pony, and perhaps even good for the unicorns around her. After all, the best way to learn of one's self is through the eyes and perceptions of others.

Modest as always, Moondancer gave credit to everypony else in the guild before starting the festivities as it were (also it didn't hurt that Moondancer still seemed to get flustered by her praise Celestia thought to herself).

"It has been quite a while hasn't it Pocket Change. You seem to be doing well." Celestia greeted the stallion whom she had met at the Banquet to honour those who had helped quell the changeling invasion. At that moment he audibly whispered to Moondancer if there is anything he could do. Celestia decided to join in and whispered in turn to him "I do not know if there is anything you can do, but you do not have to whisper."

Ah, another colleague and pony considered to be a friend. Silver Belle made her approach and spoke about how far Moondancer had come in teleportation. Celestia raised her hoof up and giggled at that statement, knowing full well what happened with many of her students learning teleportation, that is to say... some had mishaps, and Moondancer's was more embarrassing than most, and not for Moondancer either. "You would know all about that wouldn't you Silver." Celestia retorted still giggling. "I recall a certain incident where Moondancer had a misteleportation into one of our meetings... well into the filing cabinet of my office during our meeting." Celestia began telling the story, in a playful manner watching closely the reactions of Silver Belle and Moondancer both. "As I recall, she came tumbling out of the cabinet with a certain record of discussion on her face. One about a certain young filly whom was brought to my office for turning one of the teachers a varity of colours after sneezing. I am sure you remember this. I also recall you getting rather flustered and and seemingly angry at Moondancer for some reason, even calling for disciplinary action over it..." Celestia trailed off with a smirk, knowing full well the filly was Silver and it was one of her more embarassing moments, and one of her students learning about it through a mishap was probably not ideal. But like with the sneezing incident, Celestia viewed it as not only a learning experience, but one of the moments that you couldn't get angry at a young unicorn for trying to learn in a school. Magical mistakes happen, no matter how embarassing it is for the teacher or student...

Professor Hoofcourt Magic was delighted beyond measure to be greeted so regally by the lovely Princess Celestia! She even greeted him by his nickname, StarSwirl!

"It is always an honor to see you, your highness," the bearded unicorn stallion said as he rose up from his bowing position. "Indeed, I was very pleased to be invited to this gathering and I will do all I can to be a mentor and guide to the other ponies here. I may be retired from Canterlot U, but I still have a vested interest in teaching the art of magic to the younger set. May I say, your presence here with us today is truly inspiring! After all, the legends of your magical achievements far outshine mine."

The Professor hoped to speak to other ponies in the guild too. The elderly unicorn was surprised to see AppleJack here. Though she wasn't a unicorn, Hoofcourt knew by reputation that this orange Earth mare had welded the magic of the Elements of Harmony a number of times as well as helped save Equestria from Terok (sp) as well. Trotting up to her, he cleared his throat and offered his hoof to shake.

"Miss AppleJack, it is indeed a pleasure to meet you! I'm Professor Hoofcourt and I'm delighted to meet a legendary hero of Equestria! Tell me, what was it like to use the magic of the Elements of Harmony? Few ponies have ever had the honor of welding their magic as you and your friends have!"

• 2 weeks later...

2lcohw5.jpg

Presteza asked about when the exhibition phase of the evening would happen. "You know the drill; we do that whole showing-off thingy once the opening ceremony's over."

Pocket Change’s attempt to quietly ask Moondancer for instructions didn’t work as intended when Princess Celestia started whispering to the stallion herself. Overhearing the alicorn, Moony decided to respond to her boyfriend in a more audible voice; “Maybe you can keep a lookout for any latecomers. I don’t think Immie’s here yet; she shoulda’ been here by now.....”

Ah reallllllly, Celestia? Anything but that story! Moondancer’s cheeks switched colors entirely to red, the young mare’s mouth aghast with horror knowing she found herself in the classic trap of a mother figure recollecting a most embarrassing story. Except this substitute mother figure was no other than Celestia: Princess of Equestria, eldest of all ponies, and one of the most respected figures in the entire world. And now this exalted idol was turning Moony the professional hostess into a source of amusement. Understandably, the girl cut off the princess in a most undignified manner; “Celes-TI-AAAAAA!!!!!!” Why did grown-ups like flustering their youngers in this vile manner???

14aittd.png

As everypony else was still sitting down on the hay bales, or taking their sweet time to sit down so they could talk with others some more, one of the latecomers finally showed up. Ingrid Marie, magic counselor at Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns, got held up by a tutoring session that lasted longer than expected. But fortunately, for all her lateness, Ingrid hadn’t missed anything important by the looks of it, save for Princess Celestia turning up (which was not all that unexpected to the middle-aged mare). Since nearly everypony who wasn’t busy vying for Celestia’s attention was settling down, Ms. Marie began an attempt to do the same...

aes37n.jpg

Being a fair-haired stallion, Pocket Change would practically light up as he blushed, and that’s exactly what he did as both the princess and his beloved spoke directly to him. “Oh yes, your hig...”, he had started to whisper, but after realizing what he was doing, spoke up, “I mean, apologizes, your highness.” He kept deathly quiet as Equestria’s most beloved ruler mentioned Moondancer’s little mishap while learning how to teleport. He couldn’t help but laugh as his mare-friend expressed her displeasure over the little story.

“Oh-heh-heh, that’s is a good one.”, he grinned rather sheepishly at Moon before taking in her instructions, “Er..Lemme see.”, he glanced around the hall and caught sight of a familiar face, “Looks like Miss Ingrid Marie is here. A little late to the party, but still here.", he waved at the mare with the polished apple cutie mark. "Still no sign of Princess Twilight. Funny.", he added, "Always thought she had a thing for being on time, or was that Minuette?", as he pondered this, he decided it would be an idea time to ask his Princess before she cantered off to chat with the other guildies.

Pocket waited until Celestia was finished speaking before asking, "Please excuse me once more your highness.", he quickly did a proper bow once more, "I was wondering about the spell you had mentioned, teleportation. This is a spell, I've been having issues with. I'm more than capable of learning the spell itself, but after hearing all the apparition-horror stories, which generally involves some poor pony either porting into a solid wall, or splinching an important body part. So I'm simple failing to finish the last bit of the 'Three D's' of the spell. The 'Deliberation' bit. Is there anything you could recommend to help me get over my little block?", he smiled politely at the alicorn.

Java let out a light laugh. “Hah! Well, doing better than I am I suppose! I only have a small bite of ponies here that I actually know, and a few I frequently see.” The pony paused for a moment with a blank expression. Perhaps that just sounded a little odd. Well, more than odd. Just sad really. The stallion held his facial expression as he practically slammed a big buckin horse shoe down on his own head for that comment. He needed to find something else to do before he cracks.

But by some miracle of sorts, Celestia, one of the beloved princesses of Canterlot, had arrived in person. It’s a little odd though, that the princess would show up, and not Twilight. Actually, from the many rumors he’s heard about Twilight, she didn’t sound like the type to be tardy. Wonder what she’s going through right now mentally when she realizes her arrival is well past due. Regaurdless! This was all Java had needed to move on! While all the other ponies were distracted, Java would simply slip away to go have a seat at one of the hay bales by the wall.

But, instead of immediately taking a seat. The pony just stare at it for a moment. He hadn’t eaten all day. And here this little thing was. Sure it wasn’t cooked. But who needed to cook hay? Heck, it tasted perfectly fine dry and unprepared. The pony quickly tried to turn away from it and watch the other ponies converse, to eliminate the thought of just randomly taking a bite out of one of the cushions in public. But what was the reason he didn’t eat? Oh yes. He was more concerned about getting here on time to consult a pony for assistance with one of his projects. But, that sort of took a rain check when other things happened to get in the mix. Interesting how that worked out.

Java quickly grew bored, and slowly turned away. His gaze now fixating on the hay bale once more. If it wasn’t for Java’s spectacular, and seemingly absent self-control, he’d be drooling right now. Well, perhaps maybe not as much as he had thought when he suddenly thought of just slathering the stupid thing with barbeque sauce. This definitely caused a small leak to creep from the edge of his lips.

“It wouldn’t hurt to take one bite…” Java thought to himself as he slowly edged a bit closer. “Just… on the corner. One nibble.”

6Eheoy3.jpg

Presteza asked about when the exhibition phase of the evening would happen. "You know the drill; we do that whole showing-off thingy once the opening ceremony's over."

Presteza blushed a bit and laughed awkwardly,"Sorry, Moony... I guess I'm just li'l excited." Soon enough the party's friendly hostess had quickly gone back to her duties, since moony hadn't given her any job to do for the time being to chat with Applejack a bit since it seemed there was a chance to actually finish touching base with her fellow freckled friend. If Presteza recalled correctly (And she usually did), Apple jack had previously mentioned that Applebloom was doing alright but she still had yet to gain her cutie mark. Aw, well Applebloom was sure to discover what made her special sooner or later until then maybe she could think of herself as having boundless potential; a mindset this artistic mare wished she had when she was trying to learn her place in the world.

Picking herself up from her seat she nonchalantly got closer to the more isolated area that Applejack had confined herself too without getting too close. Soon she managed to find a good place she could sit down,"So, wot were ya sayin' about Applebloom, I think we got a little bit o' time 'fore the official and more talky part of the ceremony begins." Seeing as Moony was preoccupied again with her guests, including Presteza's mother and Princess Celestia a little bit of banter between friends couldn't hurt.

JWdXRQO.jpg

"You would know all about that wouldn't you Silver." Celestia retorted still giggling. "I recall a certain incident where Moondancer had a misteleportation into one of our meetings... well into the filing cabinet of my office during our meeting." Celestia began telling the story, in a playful manner watching closely the reactions of Silver Belle and Moondancer both. "As I recall, she came tumbling out of the cabinet with a certain record of discussion on her face. One about a certain young filly whom was brought to my office for turning one of the teachers a varity of colours after sneezing. I am sure you remember this. I also recall you getting rather flustered and and seemingly angry at Moondancer for some reason, even calling for disciplinary action over it..."

Celestia's story brought a smile to the noblemare's lips but soon that began to fall as the princess continued. Soon the mare began to subtly sweat as she heard the princess elaborating on a certain embarassing story from her past, she had prayed that everypony involved had forgotten about both the undignified outburst and the story attached to it. Belle had never told her daughter that she suffered from the same magical mishaps she often had whenever she wound up sneezing, her pride wouldn't allow it. She'd raised both her foals to believe she was indeed one of the greatest magic mares in Equestria and in her mind that meant she was supposed to be without fault,"Oh my princess, you're jokes are always as delightful as ever..." she said with a awkwardly nervous laughter.

A little ways away the stately unicorn's daughter's ears gave a twitch and the owner of those ears felt a smile crease her lips...

“Celes-TI-AAAAAA!!!!!!”

Belle had never been so happy to hear a shout of embarassment form one of her students. Usually that's be enough for a reprimand from her but given the circumstances she decided to let Moondancer continue to voice her mild displeasure to the princess of the sun. In the meantime the mare took a look at one of the haybales that hadn't had an occupant, goodness this was a crude seat... she would very much prefer a much softer seat but well, it was best not to make a scene at such an important event to one of her students.

Once Belle took her seat she couldn't help but notice one stallion who looked rather familiar was looking very closely at one of the bales... maybe he was hungry? one a second look she noticed it was that stallion who tried to chastise her at a local donut shop... and later turned out to be of noble blood himself. After giggling softly at the stallion drew closer to the haybale she couldn't help but notice a faint glow emanating from the wall beside him, "Um Mister Fra-- um Mister Sun do you see that?" she asked as she pointed to the growing magical aura growing on the wall. Before she knew it a series of cracks spread instantaneously over the wall and then...

*CRASH!*

wTm4MpT.jpg

The section of the wall was effectively reduced to debris and dust, a red maned mare casually strolling through the hole as if nothing happened. The mare was an exceptionally tall for a unicorn, obviously not princess height but she was at least half a head taller than any other mare present. Once she was a few steps past the hole she made at the wall she stopped where she was and looked as if something in her head had just clicked,"Oh yeah..." after first saying that once she added,"That's actually pretty funny." The sleepy eyed unicorn chuckled softly to herself.

Before she had made her entrance, Rose's head had once again been in the clouds. One of the ponies at work had told a slight complicated joke earlier today that had drawn uproarious laughter from everypony; except rose who failed to get the joke. Instead of asking for the explanation and risking an awkward situation she simply laughed along with everyone. After work had ended and she was walking to the place she was calling home for the night she wound up thinking a bit too hard and plowing through a few walls until she got here...

• 2 weeks later...

Java had barely even managed to sneak a bite out of the bale of hay before he heard the beginning phonic of his original name. The Pony looked up to the source of the voice with an initially annoyed expression. But it changed as he heard the correction. But curiously, she seemed to be trying to warn her of something. The pony's gaze slowly turned back around to notice the wall alive with a glowing aura for some reason. "Oh! Well, I think I see it now..." The pony hummed as he slowly leaned his head closer. He was already near the wall as it was. And his curiosity was grasping the better of him. "Maybe it's some sort of magical door..." he hummed as he raised a hoof up into the air. It certainly wasn't an off thought for any sane pony given that they are in a room full of magical unicorns!

His hoof slowly lowered down towards the wall. The appendage shaking with excitement as something odd, and yet cool had happened in this massive warehouse. Disappointment settled however, when his hoof touched something solid. The wall it's self. "Well... that's no fun. But still interesting..." The stallion frowned as he now raised his goggles up to cover up his eyes. Using it's corrective lenses to help him get a better look over the smaller details. His head craned a bit closer, tilting off to the side to pull his muzzle away from the wall. And to close in the distance between his eyes and the wall it's self by subtracting his nose from the equation. Java pulled his hoof back once more. And swung it forward once again to give it one more tap. This time a bit har-

*CRASH!*

Java wasn't entire sure what happened. Or where he was after the fact. He might as well had been knocked temporarily unconscious by the sudden and violent assault from a large slab of building to the face. It was a good thing he was wearing eye protection. But what will protect his body? Which, by the way, was now sent cartwheeling through the air a short distance, and struck the ground shoulder first, rather hard mind you, a mere one or two seconds later. The rest of the wall which naturally had a loving attachment for gravity after being thrown from it's original location in a chaotic manner, now buried the stallion in a metaphorical and almost literal, very literally if the stallion actually died in the onslaught, tomb. The barely conscious, stunned, and very much dazed Java, ears were ringing from the oh so wonderful cacophonous music of twisted metal and stone bricks.

Later, Java will be able to admit that this would be the first time he's had something explode in his face... and he's not the one who caused it. But that's for later.

He did hear a, and much to his personal delight, a gruff feminine sounding voice. He couldn't quite make out the words, thanks to the constant sound of "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP" being gratuitously louder than anything else in the world. And in the middle of his stupor, he decided to say something intelligent. More like quietly mumble underneath heaps of stone.

" Grand Mama? Grand Mama!? I'm not sick.........I wanna go to schoool.... I promised her, Grand Mama.... don make me stay..."

Archived