EPIC (Equestrian Protection and Investigation Command) OOC

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, well, I think we'd want to go off what the event set up.

At this point, WRAITH itself is pretty illusive. Cyprianus had ties with them and he was captured in the end and given to Princess Cadance, but he is not going to reveal anything of use, nor likely would any of the six vikings taken at the same time. This means, really, the Red Jarl and those loyal to him are the only lead there is to finding out more about the attackers. This probably means that heading to Whitescar for reconnaissance is the natural course of action. After all, the vikings are not only a part of the eminent threat which has revealed itself, but they also have clearly been dealing with WRAITH.

Not a bad idea. Not sure they'd go to the Whitescar to try and fnd the Red Jarl, however, and we would have a Princess on the team who'd know that the majority of the nomadic renegades left. So if we're trying to find the Red Jarl. the Whitescar would be a dead end.

Errr wouldn't it be natural to have first general briefing - in universe - with all members present before any missions?

To introduce ourselves, explain purpose and methods of the formation and other things like that?

Sorry I'm late to the party. I'm not going to be super actively involved, but I believe I can contribute some characters in a support role:

Name: Col. Aristotle Ironwing, REA (ret.)

Skills: Ironwing is a veteran of the Royal Equestrian Army, having ascended to senior officership over his long service to the crown. He is well-educated and well-versed in military and political matters. He is generally well-liked in military, intelligence, and political circles and knows more than a few friends who owe him favors in the administration. His leadership experience and vast practical knowledge would be invaluable to EPIC's senior advisory team.

Motivation: Ironwing is not one to sit on his haunches and do nothing, even after retirement. In spite of his wrinkles and greying mane, he would rather be out in the field than rotting in a rocking chair back home.

And the second:

Name: Arete

Skills: Arete is an expert spymaster, information dealer, sleuth, and purveyor of all things grey and black market. If someone has a secret somewhere, Arete has either heard it or can find out about it. Her investigative skills are second to none and her intelligence network known only as The Web gives her eyes, ears, and safe houses everywhere.

Motivation: Danger, intrigue, and fantastic tales are things that Arete finds titillating to the utmost degree. If there is anything that Arete cannot stand, it is ennui. Like Ironwing, she is eager to get her hooves dirty, though her brand of field work tends to involve lipstick, garterbelts, and cocktail dresses as standard issue wear.

Not a bad idea. Not sure they'd go to the Whitescar to try and fnd the Red Jarl, however, and we would have a Princess on the team who'd know that the majority of the nomadic renegades left. So if we're trying to find the Red Jarl. the Whitescar would be a dead end.

Not go after the Jarl necessarily. More just searching out information about WRAITH among their known allies.

Cyprianus himself probably wouldn't reveal anything, but presumably he still had to be recruited somehow. Might it be worth also investigating Maretonia on that basis, and does EPIC have tje information to put that together at this time?

I figure that with this many characters and no solid leads to start, it might make sense to have a few groups operating at once.

Fun fact: Shadowmane, the commander of WRAITH, enjoys holding underground rallies every now and then. You'd think one was not very far off now thanks to the mess the group helped cause in the Crystal Empire.

A bit of a briefing would make sense, given that the group is just now forming, but it would also make sense to be splitting into smaller groups for the purpose of searching out more leads at once, like Derp said.

Maybe split the team into three. One heading towards Maretonia to follow a common lead, another to Whitescar for a lead, and the third team at the HQ getting everything set up going forward and working out what this group will be up to past the two obvious missions?

Cyprianus himself probably wouldn't reveal anything, but presumably he still had to be recruited somehow. Might it be worth also investigating Maretonia on that basis, and does EPIC have tje information to put that together at this time?

I figure that with this many characters and no solid leads to start, it might make sense to have a few groups operating at once.

Ah, yes. That's another thing. Cyprianus could be another lore to follow back to Maretonia.

And yes, I like the idea of multiple groups. Considering I have three characters involved, splitting it up into three would make it a lot easier for me. :D

I also agree with the multiple groups. Ice would probably be in whatever group that Rubble would be in, simply because she knows Rubble and would be the easiest for her to get along with I believe.

I second this. Of the group she is the only one who is into secret that he is very much alive.

Also is there a time skip after the events in Empire? And if it indeed is, how long one?

I had an idea for a W.R.A.I.T.H. plot for E.P.I.C. to foil! I was thinking that perhaps Sigrun and Ylva's recent actions in Whitescar with uniting clans under their own that maybe Wraith could try and do what they did to Randgrid to the silver eyed sisters. Using their charisma and growing following in the region to try and make the renegades even more dangerous and numerous. It would be EPIC's job to try and prevent Either Ylva or her sister from being kidnapped and brainwashed so that the forces of WRAITH don't get any powerful new allies or gain control over the region... feel free to shoot this idea down :blush:

Or if WRAITH wants to mix things up a little, they can kidnap that lad Lími (or try to kidnap him) and use him as a bargaining chip to keep the Askr sisters from causing further trouble.

If there's still room, I'd like to toss one in.

Name: Solace

Link to Accepted Character Application:

Talent/Special Skill: Thus far the only known Lightforge smith in Equestria, and a battle-hardened captain to boot

Reason for joining: As leader of the Sunsworn, Solace has long tasked herself with the execution of Celestia's will, not to mention the protection of Equestria's interests and citizens. It's a very small step for her to see the mutual benefits of aiding EPIC.

Solace is pretty good, but is there anything she can offer in a non-combat capacity that is unique or interesting?

Sure. Through day-to-day service and support of outlying regions she's acquired a fair number of trade contacts and friends, not to mention resource stocks and the agglomerate of the Sunsworn's individual skills. Not that I'd be playing several individual Sunsworn, but if something related to a fairly common tradecraft is needed it's fairly certain Solace could see it done.

As she also does most of the correspondence personally, she's rather adept at negotiations and keeping a calming, bolstering demeanor. Beyond that she does have that knowledge of the dark arts and ascension rituals from all her studies after her brother went mad, but you seem to have that talent niche on lockdown already :P

Archived