How will fans react to the 100th episode?

Well, the 100th episode of MLP is less than two weeks away. We already know it's going to be focusing primarily on background ponies, which brings up the possibility of what the show does coming into direct conflict with what many fans take for granted as being certain traits of their favourite ponies after years of fan works.

So, what do you think will be the outcome of the aftermath of the 100th episode airing? Will there be another mass of hurt bronies declaring they're leaving the show behind, or will it all blow over eventually? Thoughts?

Personally, I think there will probably be a very vocal segment of the fandom who will not like anything they do, but, it's for the producers to decide, not the fans, so there will be a lot of being told to suck it up.

I think people will believe what they already do about their favorite background ponies. Once the episode has aired there will be tons of threads comparing thoughts and reactions for various characters, then about two weeks later it will all blow over ;)

Yeah. Luckily I really don't have any "headcanons" when it comes to background ponies.

I LOVED what I saw from the teasers.

I think I'll enjoy it. A LOT.

:kissy:

I don't really care what the opinions are of random fandom members. What I will say is that the writers understand their characters very well, and I think it will be an entertaining episode that will have broad appeal to fans of FiM.

The episode will play.  Laughs will be had.  Fandom will explode in a clusterbuck of crying and raging.  I will continue to RP pony and run Canterlot.  Not a single buck will be given.

:mad:

There will always be those threatening to leave the fandom over petty things (see Twilight becoming a Princess, Princess Cadence, Equestria Girls, etc.) but I'm excited seeing this episode and to see how the background characters are portrayed. Already the clips from the show are good signs. 

While I am not trying to bring anyone down and pour a bucket of ice water on the hype for the episode (and in the process derailing the hype train) I have some concerns to address and also to release some tension that I've been bottling up as of late.

Now when I first saw the synopsis and title for the 100th episode I thought I was going to be in for quite a treat with an episode to celebrate the accomplishments of the last five years and to look forward to the future of the show.

What I saw instead was the hype factor turned up way too high to the point that it has completely turned me off from watching the 100th episode altogether.

Now this has never happened to me before during the four years that I have been apart of the brony fandom and although I have had episodes that I didn't like (e.g. Power Ponies) and have simply put those behind me and moved on, I feel that the upcoming episode may end up having it's "jumping the shark" moment.

Now you can call me a traitor if you will and drag me through hot coals if you must, but I think in my honest opinion I think they are overhyping it a little too much. Now while I can tolerate some teaser material to get me in the mood, the teasers for the episode have been pretty much a little too loud and obnoxious for my tastes. Now I know I can easily mute the respective hashtag for the episode on Twitter, avoid the respective episode threads or even avoid EQD for a week, this is my main concern.

I don't want to get to the point where the episode gets overhyped to the point that viewers may end up switching off and avoiding the show altogether or in the worst case scenario the episode turns out to be a total and complete bust and pretty much starts the downfall of the show.

While I want to be excited about the episode, instead I have had some negative feelings towards it over the last couple of weeks due to this.

I also have some genuine concerns about the idea of a dual story and the sudden influx of background characters (fanservice overload) dominating the episode.

Honestly, I don't think this is a good idea. I rather have an episode based on a reflection style story with the Mane 6 + background ponies in a studio audience style talking about their time in Ponyville and also show some select highlights from seasons past. But that would cause some major splits in the fandom and pretty much start a huge fandom war.

To sum it up, I am not looking forward to episode 100. I'll try and watch it if I can but I am not guaranteeing anything positive or outstanding when it comes to my episode recap and review post.

They will celebrate by gathering all bronies and pegisisters together. They will hold hands, and sing the My Little Pony anthem( The intro theme song.)

Then drink beer(softer drinks for younger adults) play games, stay up til every last one of them drop, then go home like nothing big happened.

I'm the only one who remembers all those parties of everyone gathering together. The only one.

Yeah, pretty much what Wysteria said. And it's sad because worrying about what others thought of an episode is the absolute biggest waste of time and generator of a good chunk of elitist thought process in all of fandom.

Yeah, forget about the parties. All of you always do.

Nonsense aside, I find it trivial to even argue about it.

If I like an episode, I like it. If I didn't like it, I didn't like it.

Doesn't mean I wanna argue about why people like what I dislike. If they wanted to argue about what I like or dislike opposed their contrary opinion... I'd prefer to tell them to not get all worked up about it.

It's not a big deal to me when it comes to series with a hundred episode milestone, a bunch of TV shows have that milestone.

*Coughonepiececough*

People are going to join one of two groups: those who despised it or those who adored it. And the two groups will argue viciously over who's right. 

This. I can guarantee this will happen after the episode airs on Saturday.

It will be one huge fandom thunderstorm after another.

The crucial part about EVERY AND ANY TV show is the writing and character development. Without writing and character development, MLP:FiM would have had the same value as Gen 3.

People judged the show based on what it is, at first. A show about ponies. The image of it usually does not interest you when the words "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" is its title.

The first time I saw My Little Pony was because of this guy who had Derpy Hooves as his profile picture on Minecraft's forums. Everywhere  I went, I saw the pony with crossed eyes, and some other ponies.

It irritated me so much, why did so many people have these pictures. I asked someone where the character came from. They said it was from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. At first, I was like, "Oh, okay. That sounds familiar because I've seen the its brand name sometimes in kid's TV show commercials."

But what was so cool about it? I had to know... So, I looked it up on YouTube, put down "Episode 1" of it. I found a whole 2-parter to watch. At first, I wasn't too sure if I wanted to watch all of it...

It begins with the picture book telling a tale about the Two Sisters who used to rule together. The way the show began, along with its first images for the part, the voice... it intrigued me.

I finally understood.

People got into the show... the stories, the characters, and the lore... all because of great writing and developing. Writing is a powerful tool. It is even more powerful with a determined, imaginative mind.

Mankind has always enjoyed listening to stories since ancient times.  And, we still do.

I dunno, I may just be rambling or something... sorry if you found this strange or off-subject to read.

Archived