Where do your powers come from?

Starfox64x

So, i'm sure we've ALL thought about having super powers at one point or another... flying, super strength, invisibility, etc...

But I'm curious about WHERE you wanted these powers to come from.... Technology, magic, or mutation?... Okay, let me try explaining this further...

Let's take flying. There are lots of super heroes that can fly! Iron Man uses his advanced technology to fly, while Jean Grey uses psychic powers to do so... Then you have the Angel x-man (forget his name) who has giant wings coming out of his back. All three are very different, but they all have the same power.

So then, what are your dream powers and where do they come from?

The Magic of Friendship. :)

or maybe not... :P

But seriously, when I day dream about superpowers and stuff like that, the source usually is some kind of magical type thing.

I wanna be a mutant

that way nothing can take them from me muhaha

*points to The Cure in X-Men: Last Stand*

Oh yah? Ya don't say :3

I've always liked the idea of psychic based powers. I feel like there's such vast potential there. And in a way, I feel like it's nearly in the same vein as magic. I mean... what's the difference?

In one of the 'How does unicorn magic work?' threads people were talking about how magic is most likely a result of visualizing and concentrating on the magic that a pony wants done, focused through the horn. Isn't that pretty much the same as telekinetic powers? You focus on and visualize something and it happens. Be it making objects float, teleportation, or focusing of energies.

*points to The Cure in X-Men: Last Stand*

Oh yah? Ya don't say :3

I've always liked the idea of psychic based powers. I feel like there's such vast potential there. And in a way, I feel like it's nearly in the same vein as magic. I mean... what's the difference?

In one of the 'How does unicorn magic work?' threads people were talking about how magic is most likely a result of visualizing and concentrating on the magic that a pony wants done, focused through the horn. Isn't that pretty much the same as telekinetic powers? You focus on and visualize something and it happens. Be it making objects float, teleportation, or focusing of energies.

Psychic based powers?The Mother games already did it.

I'd definitely go for flying!

Anyone ever had them 'flying dreams'? Yes? No? Maybe? 'Cause whenever I get a flying dream, I wake up with a wide smile across my face.

I'd love to be like Superman, like I'm born with the power to fly...if not, then I'd go for the Iron Man approach.

I'd definitely go for flying!

Anyone ever had them 'flying dreams'? Yes? No? Maybe? 'Cause whenever I get a flying dream, I wake up with a wide smile across my face.

I'd love to be like Superman, like I'm born with the power to fly...if not, then I'd go for the Iron Man approach.

Hey! That sounds like me, except they're 'pony dreams!' And there isn't much flying going on... and... and the smile usually fades to a frown of shame and guilt... and cold showers don't do much to wash those feelings away....

OH GOD, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME, PONIES!?

• Like 1

Hey! That sounds like me, except they're 'pony dreams!' And there isn't much flying going on... and... and the smile usually fades to a frown of shame and guilt... and cold showers don't do much to wash those feelings away....

OH GOD, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME, PONIES!?

Is it true what I'm hearing from you? Frowns of shame and guilt, you say?!

*Slaps Fawkes*

Pull it together, man! Don't forget why we're here in the first place!

Magic, for defiantly. Why? Because magic looks cool. You know, with all the glowy stuff flying around?

At first I thought this was where would you want to use your super powers. If that's what it was, I would've said in gym class.

Well, when I mentioned Livewire, I thought it would show that I'd get it from.. being pushed into..

Okay, yeah, let's just say it was a government experiment there?

My source would be from the divine personification of Lady Luck, the goddess Fortuna. Having been granted her favor and the proportional powers of an action hero, I'd be mostly unstoppable! Mutant powers can be cured. Science and magic follow some sort of law system. Gods? They make the law systems. And anything that can cut your divine power source is already on the god level, so you don't stand much of a chance anyways...well beyond plucky determination.

Sure, you do have to follow someone's wishes and a code of a sorts, but you also have someone watching your back and your power source. AND when you really need it, when all hope seems lost and you've been a good boy? They remove the limiter and shove the throttle into Emergency Hero Power. Baron Big Bad von Nogood, the puppy-kicking fiend, suddenly finds that whatever dastardly plan that was tailored to kick yer flank is no longer enough.