I guess I'm in the minority that still enjoys CN... Honestly, there are plenty of things on the channel that could improve, but they're not doing too badly for themselves. At least their situation is better than it was a few years ago. I enjoy Regular Show, The Amazing World of Gumball, and Adventure Time (and Total Drama whenever that's coming back...)

(and Total Drama whenever that's coming back...)

Total Drama Island was alright, I guess. I was just mad I always missed the new episodes when they aired. Total Drama World Tour came out shortly before I stopped watching CN, and I solely watched Nickelodeon and the Science Channel. Some time after that, I stopped watching cartoons all together. . . that changed fast.

Yep, Cartoon Network, like every other channel, is going downhill fast.

The only good shows still on it are Regular Show and The Looney Tunes Show. Adventure Time has had its moments, but it can get very annoying sometimes.

The rest are just terrible. They really have nothing going for them. Not in comedy, not in plot, not in originality. Not even Adult Swim is as good as it used to be. Squidbillies, seriously? Sigh...

It's not only Cartoon Network, though, it's every big cable network.

When was the last time The Discovery Channel, History Channel, National Geographic, Animal Planet, etc... was not cluttered by reality shows? Ice Road Truckers? How is that history? Every aspect of our society really disheartens me. I don't even know.

• Like 1

For the History channel, it's not the reality shows that really bother me (a couple of them are actually entertaining), but all the nonsense conspiracy theory stuff. In my opinion most of the reality stuff has a lot more to do with history than sensationalist junk like Ancient Aliens.

• Like 1

Overall, it doesn't even matter to me. I have never paid for digital or satellite TV service. And if I never do, it's threads like this that remind me I'm not missing much.

For the History channel, it's not the reality shows that really bother me (a couple of them are actually entertaining), but all the nonsense conspiracy theory stuff. In my opinion most of the reality stuff has a lot more to do with history than sensationalist junk like Ancient Aliens.

rofl

As soon as you said conspiracy theory stuff, I immediately thought "Ancient Aliens"

wow.

It's also a meme.

ancient-aliens-contest-pony.jpg?1318992465

ALIENS%20MACRO.png?1318992465

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The reason for the live shows is the same reason TLC, History, A&E, and Discovery are all full of reality television programming, the cost. Reality television is cheap, its cheaper than sitcoms, its cheaper that documentaries, and its cheaper than cartoons; no writers, no expensive sets, no actors to pay. Because of this, and their popularity, networks are all going to jump on the goldmine to stake a claim, that is just how it is.

Plus, it's not like things are ruined forever. Think about how abysmal programming per station in the past (try to see through the cloud of nostalgia if you will, there have been several times when Cartoon Network itself sucked and the only thing worth watching was after 10PM). Think about the times where it was amazing. Same goes for every cable channel and broadcast affiliate.

Fads come and go. One day people will be sick of this voyeuristic type television, and another group of writers who have been saving up awesome concepts who were unable to get past the pitch stage will break through once again.

*Sighs*

Cartoon Network used to be so good. Same goes for Disney Channel and Nick. Those were the good old days.

cngoodtimes.jpg

Oh geeze, i think I can name maybe half of them from memory (OMG! Huckleberry Hound!) a large number I dont even know... still great pic though, lots of nostalgia there.

About the Looney Toons show:

And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

HOLY S***!!! When did WB start hiring real animators and real songwriters! I actually saved that! (For anyone wanting to really dig back, that's techncially getting back to their roots - Loony Tunes and it's opposition "Merry Melodies" both began as a sort of music video (back in the days of B+W movies) but they were never this awesome! I might just have to look into the new series if they're all like that... (or was that the one-in-a-million good clip?)

Ahem... back on topic... TV as a whole is falling apart. Everything is going to on-demand and everything else is going to the internet (and soemtimes both!) I seriously think in 10 years or less "TV" as we know it will no longer exist, and we'll all just have a giant super-simle PC hanging in our living room that connects to verious video services like youtube and Netflix.

Plus, it's not like things are ruined forever. Think about how abysmal programming per station in the past (try to see through the cloud of nostalgia if you will, there have been several times when Cartoon Network itself sucked and the only thing worth watching was after 10PM). Think about the times where it was amazing. Same goes for every cable channel and broadcast affiliate.

Indeed, I survived the last-Seventies which was the nadir of American cartoons when Hanna Barbara was the only show in town and they knew it too; thus they put out the cheapest crap and knocks offs they could get away with. Virtually all just last a season (of 13 episodes), got dropped for low rating,repackaged and recycled as something slightly different, and shown again.

Seriously.. So many Scooby Doo knock-offs, be glad we have so many channels now, be very glad.

Indeed, I survived the last-Seventies which was the nadir of American cartoons when Hanna Barbara was the only show in town and they knew it too; thus they put out the cheapest crap and knocks offs they could get away with. Virtually all just last a season (of 13 episodes), got dropped for low rating,repackaged and recycled as something slightly different, and shown again.

Seriously.. So many Scooby Doo knock-offs, be glad we have so many channels now, be very glad.

That's exactly what I was referring to :) Remember before Cartoon Network got its own programming and just reran the Many Iterations of Scooby Doo (I am claiming this is a show now)?

That's not necessarily a good thing.

"In the future, there will be 500 TV channels... But nothing to watch."

With the way TV is right now, quantity doesn't equate to quality.

Nickelodeon was dead to me they day it drooped invader zim.

That was the final straw for me. There was also:

Doug

Angry Beavers

Rocko's Modern Life

Hey Arnold

Rugrats (the orginial, none of this 'all grown up' bullcrap)

Ah! Real Monsters!

and probably a few others I forgot to mention.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

when toonami got cancelled it went down hill from their.

cartoon network was what i used to watch when i a kid. but when they start showing cartoons that were very stupid. i lost hope. its pretty much spinning down the toliet now. the only thing thats keeping it together is adventure time and the amazing world of gumball. those are the only orignal shows that are worth watching.