I haven't watched anything on Cartoon Network in at least a couple years now. It was all I watched as a kid, and it was just flat awesome, but they kind of just really lost me over the last decade. I don't know. Their programing has just seemed to be in decline for a while now.

That orange though? Never would have expected that showing up on CN... :-|

I say we just let these existing networks continue to decline until they don't matter anymore and make way for new stations like The Hub, riding on exciting, well made shows like FiM. Maybe if new networks start to break through, the old networks will start to produce quality stuff again to match...

Or maybe, nothing will change and we'll just get more shows about talking fruit. :roll:

Cartoon Network got 'sick' when they started adding Real Life things and died with Ed, Edd n' Eddy, for me. Many of these new shows are just so... ugh... There's shows like 'Super Mountain something', Destroy Build Destroy, the 'Live-Action' Level Up movie and worst of all: 'Mad'.

90% of the things on the Mad show is references that kids should not know. Jersey Shore, Star Trek, etc. The other 10%, according to my friend who watched it a few times, are Internet Memes.

hi hi

Is The Amazing World of Gumball not running anymore? I have only seen a few episodes, but I remember it being funny.

It's still goin' strong. It's one of the FEW good new shows. Adventure Time, Loony Tunes Show, Regular Show and Gumball are the only actually good new shows.

I think Adventure Time and Regular Show may be a little to 'adult-ish' for Kids.

Actual Quote for Regular Show: "How are we going to fix this 'F'ing 'S'?"

Nickelodeon is still eh-ish. It's worse than back in the day, but it hasn't fallen as far as CN. The 'Sitcome-like' shows got worse after Drake & Josh (but they never got better after Kenin and Kel).

My brother and I refer Nickelodeon as "The Spongebob Channel" because ~50% of the line up is Spongebob.

It's strange because I love The Amazing World of Gumball, but I cannot stand Adventure Time at all. I think it has a lot to do with the (in my opinion) horrible animation. Also, The Looney Tunes Show is surprisingly good, and I love the modern day twist they gave the show. Granted, I grew up on the classic Looney Tunes, and I REALLY liked Tiny Toon Adventures. :D

• Like 1

I remember WAY back in the day when I used watch Cartoon Cartoon Fridays or Toonami. I loved those time blocks. Now I only used CN for Family Guy, KotH, and Robot Chicken reruns. The two shows that turned me away were Camp Lazlo and My Gym Partner is a Monkey. I never did like DC. Nick used to be pretty good. I don't watch it anymore because it is dominated by two shows that just need to die out.

You guys might be living in a haze of Nostalgia. I remember when Cartoon Network wasn't anything but Hanna Barbera reruns, and Space Ghost + Company running one of out two one-hour variety shows that actually showed original programming that was not originally aired elsewhere.

It'll get better again. because it started out much worse.

• Like 1

I remember WAY back in the day when I used watch Cartoon Cartoon Fridays or Toonami. I loved those time blocks. Now I only used CN for Family Guy, KotH, and Robot Chicken reruns. The two shows that turned me away were Camp Lazlo and My Gym Partner is a Monkey. I never did like DC. Nick used to be pretty good. I don't watch it anymore because it is dominated by two shows that just need to die out.

I actually liked Camp Lazlo, but that was mostly because it had the same animation as Rocko's Modern Life, which was one of the best cartoons ever. But since about 2004, none of the kids show networks brought anything that appealed our generation. "Our generation" being the ones who enjoyed cartoons on these channels from 1990-2000.

The TV series will follow Orange and his produce buddies as they travel through time in a magical fruit car, finding adventures along the way

Quite frankly, this sounds like the normal cartoon development these days. Aside from the internet fame, a show like Spongebob Squarepants pops up with the same amount of "WTF is happening" style ideas. Also, I'm often remembered of a very enjoyable program that catered to my more adult taste when I started watching Cartoon Network past the curfew hours. It too, involved food products come to life. I love Meatwad.

I can just imagine the board meeting that went on.

*Slams fist on table* "We need to sell a show to these kids. And kids are getting fatter and fatter which means they love food. So we're going to do a show where food comes a live on and has adventures.

ACCEPTABLE!

George C. Lowe is a freaking genius voice actor. it makes me happy to turn on our local classic rock station and hear Space Ghost talking at me.

I also have to defend Problem Solverz. I love Paper Rad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QkzTX0bltY

*Sighs*

Cartoon Network used to be so good. Same goes for Disney Channel and Nick. Those were the good old days.

cngoodtimes.jpg

man it was great fun just trying to remember who everyone is

You guys might be living in a haze of Nostalgia. I remember when Cartoon Network wasn't anything but Hanna Barbera reruns, and Space Ghost + Company running one of out two one-hour variety shows that actually showed original programming that was not originally aired elsewhere.

you might be right but then again how many times can they rerun shows like Ben10 and spongebob and get away with it

man it was great fun just trying to remember who everyone is

you might be right but then again how many times can they rerun shows like Ben10 and spongebob and get away with it

They did it for the entirety of 1995 to about 1998 :)

Also, 8 of the characters in that theater image were designed by Alex Toth, and that makes me happy.

What is happening now is the CN is trying hard to match the Disney Channel for 'live' shows. I have to agree that none of the previously mentioned networks are 'what they used to be.'

The overall quality level has dropped across the board too. "The Annoying Orange Show?" REALLY? What's next? "The Angry Birds Hour?"

No wonder MLP FiM is such a cult hit right now. It's better written, better animated and just makes a hellova lot more sense than any of these newer cartoons/programs/whatever the CN, Nick or Disney's coming up with!

I gave up on the PRIMETIME version of CN LONG ago, when it started showing LIVE ACTION MOVIES and LIVE ACTION SHOWS! Hello? It's called the 'Cartoon' Network, not the 'Cartoons Sometimes' Network! Aside from Adult Swim, there's not much of a reason to watch the CN anymore.

I don't know, I actually liked it when it was showing all the old rerun stuff. As a kid, that stuff was just fine to me. I had never seen it before, and a lot of it still held up as far as I was concerned.

I'd personally take the old reruns over a lot of the stuff they ended up coming up with.