Brain candy

synkyd

Do you ever have one of those annoying interesting facts that you know, but you can never tell anyone because it never needs to be shared?

Then this the thread to share them. We'll take it on faith the tidbits people bring forward. for example, you have 40 people in the world who have your face. How? The elvis impersonator theory. Out of the 4000 or so professional elvis impersonators, only 1% look like him. So, 40 people in the world have your face! Perhaps the changlings are to blame....

We only really see sharply in he very center of our field of vision. Our eyes are not able to see color or sharpness in peripheral vision. However, our brain graciously fills in the blanks, coloring the surroundings from memory, and not always correctly.

the average person can only truly care about ten people at a time

the colour pink makes people more relaxed, but being around too much pink makes them more aggressive

there's more lego people in the world than there are real people

Disney World is bigger than New York city

oi geeze, I had a WHOLE bunch just over a year ago, but I've forgotten a lot of them D: I could've seriously made a spoiler-worthy list

There is a species of jellyfish that, when it reaches a certain age, reverts into polyp form and starts its life cycle all over again. It can never die of old age.

Computers can't technically render anything in 3D. What they do is draw flat 2D polygons that are warped according to calculations of what they *would* look like in a 3D space.

Last I checked, birds were classified as a subtype of dinosaurs.

Speaking of which, some living bird species still have fingers at the end of their wings.

Psycho and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre are both inspired by a true story. Specifically, the *same* true story.

Biologists have managed to selectively breed sheep to have a higher or lower chance of turning out gay.

In the early 20th century, it was mathematically proven that nothing could travel faster than the speed of sound.

We may actually have working warp drives within the next two decades.

What's the expanse of time?

until something happens that causes you to grow distant from one of your ten or less people. "you can only be super close with roughly ten people at a time" is probably a better way of wording it.

• Like 1

Whew, when I read the title I thought for a moment this was about a different kind of brain candy...

It has been scientifically proven that in any (solid) mixture, the largest pieces will come to rest on the top. This is known as the "Brazil nut effect"

You know, I know a lot of these but can't seem to call upon them on demand. I'll edit when I remember any. I just need to talk to somepony and have one of them invade my thoughts.

Oh oh oh! I know one, but it's rather disturbing. Many major food corporations, in synthesizing vanilla and raspberry flavorings, use a certain liquid produced by beavers rather than actual vanilla or raspberries.

50 out of 100 people... are the half.

Ping Pong balls are basically... Gunpowder

A space prove sent to Venus... Discovered the exact composition of... A lens cap (the soil analizer sheepily dug on a discarded camera lens cap)

Equines got MailBox slit shaped pupils. And can see almost 360 degree (350 actually) without moving their heads.

The Titanic almost hit a ship called "New York", so, she didn't made it to New York (crash would mean travel cancel for repairs) Actually, the Titanic would arrive to New York, the deep Labrador current is slowly dragging the loose iron ore deposits in the wreck towards the Big Apple. (all there in like... 10.000 years or so)

The '"Pink Slime" McDonalds used to use in its Hamburgers shared many of the same chemicals which are use in bombs.

yeah,but peanuts make dynamite, oil, and snacks... Soooo yeah, basically you can make a variety of things with what you have, so i dont consider this fact disturbing or anything...

but anywho, Contribution!

tumblr_m31l2glE1K1qkvbwso1_500.png

• Like 1

Do you ever have one of those annoying interesting facts that you know, but you can never tell anyone because it never needs to be shared?

Then this the thread to share them. We'll take it on faith the tidbits people bring forward. for example, you have 40 people in the world who have your face. How? The elvis impersonator theory. Out of the 4000 or so professional elvis impersonators, only 1% look like him. So, 40 people in the world have your face! Perhaps the changlings are to blame....

True story, apparently. Because I've recently met one of my twins. I was shocked I wasn't looking into a mirror. O.o

Anyway, I found some candy brain for you:

post-1464-0-77805600-1335400957_thumb.pn

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxvfjvVY5C1qgaob4.gif (okay, so it's not exactly candy, close enough xP)

And while we're at it, here's some brain candy:

post-1464-0-12736200-1335400942_thumb.pn

Oh, the relevency.