Brony Confessions.

Bronynumber299

I'm not a big fan of humanized ponies, although anthro ponies are ok.

I'm also not a fan of crossover or humans in Equestria types of fanfics.

1. I also kinda like r34/clop stuff, depending on how it's done. (Though I agree about keeping that stuff properly compartmentalized.)

2. I rather like Cupcakes and grimdark stuff too, for reasons I'm still not 100% clear on.

3. Part of me wants a Luna "Lyra plush" that's big enough to keep books in.

Okay, why not.

Confession 1: I hate with a passion when people ship Spike and Rarity. He is a baby for Luna's sake!

Confession 2: I like Humanized ponies if they are done correctly.

Confession 3: I get heavily annoyed when people complain that all OCs are horrible Mary Sues, it just grinds my gears and rustles my jimmies.

Wow, 2/3 of my connfessions involved hate.....how interesting.

• Like 1

A mary sue (or gary stew for males) are characters that are absolutely overpowered and perfect. The writer will often change them to suit any situation and it is often irritating especially in rps.

ie. "oh no! this door is locked and its too big to break through and there is an unbreakable magical spell protecting it cast by celestia herself!"

"no problem my unicorn's magic is the best ever, I'll just use this super spell and bust it open"

"I thought your pony's special talent was cooking with magic"

"It can be demolition too! *BLAM* the door is open now"

I strongly dislike, not hate, but dislike it when people cross things into pony rps that just don't make since with the world of Equastria, and then don't even attempt to justify it.... I can accept it and in many cases enjoy it, if it's justified, but I can't stand it when it's a case of "Oh yea I'm a demon-dragon-human-hybrid with shapeshifting and other super power" and "Oh I'm gas and solid at the same time, and you can't hit me but I can crush you cause I say so." Which goes into my second one I hate god-modding, not strongly dislike, I actually hate it.

I strongly dislike, not hate, but dislike it when people cross things into pony rps that just don't make since with the world of Equastria, and then don't even attempt to justify it.... I can accept it and in many cases enjoy it, if it's justified, but I can't stand it when it's a case of "Oh yea I'm a demon-dragon-human-hybrid with shapeshifting and other super power" and "Oh I'm gas and solid at the same time, and you can't hit me but I can crush you cause I say so." Which goes into my second one I hate god-modding, not strongly dislike, I actually hate it.

Agreed but that goes hand in hand with the mary sue stuffs.

A mary sue (or gary stew for males) are characters that are absolutely overpowered and perfect. The writer will often change them to suit any situation and it is often irritating especially in rps.

Actually not always. Although that is a common trait. A Twilight Sparkle type character, except shoved into a pre-existing world/show.

At work we have a meeting each Monday, and one of the things we do is invite people to talk about what happened on the weekend. Usually it is an open invitation, but one Monday, the guy running the meeting called me out specifically to ask if I had had anything going on that weekend.

This just so happened to be the Monday after the season 2 finale. I had done nothing that weekend but live and breathe those two episodes.

I panicked.

And then I suggested that it had been a good weekend, that I wasn't willing to talk about it in a large group, but invited them to talk with me privately. One of them took me up on it.

But I confess that that is as far as I am likely to go at work.

I hate the whole "Dinky Hooves" thing, no matter how they are characterizing her "mother". Unless Derpy's not her mother in a fan work, then she doesn't bother me.

I also hate everyone oohing and ahhing over every single remix of any song for the show, even when they're crappy, typical remixes that add nothing to the original.

And I am starting to hate the excessive praising of crossovers. That's like low hanging fruit there, folks. I see people getting stoked just because the crossover EXISTS, not because the fan works surrounding it have any merit.

I don't like the fact that just because a concept has been done in a fanfic people automatically dislike a story.

Case in point: I like the Conversion Bureau fanfic universe. Granted some stories are meh, but there are a few that are pretty good. I decided to take a shot at making a fanfic set in the universe which I think is pretty well done. Now I'm no Shakespeare, but my other fanfics where getting alot of positive feedback and favorites. Yet I make the Conversion Bureau one, and I get tons of dislikes. The only thing I can think is because it's set in the universe. If only those who read it didn't just see Conversion Bureau and clicked Dislike, then they would most likely like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Guess, I will confess something now.

Rarity in Sonic Rainboom creeped me up. That lipstick......<shudders>

Also I am tired of Discord and Celestia shipping in fanfiction.

• Like 2

I confess...

1) My first post on this forum was for a Mane Cast character- not an introduction. I got the character, and never did make an introduction until I made staff.

2) As far as any fandom i have ever seen- fancannon in this one has been amazing. Derpy, Dr. Whooves, Lyra and Bon Bon, Berry Punch, Pinchy, Dinky- I love how extensive the community has drawn out community created characters- how solid in identity they have become, and how much genuine affection there are for these characters. Sure, not everyone likes them, but overall; the result *is* pretty amazing.

3) The show has reminded me that while I live in an adult world with adult responsibilities, that growing into an adult does NOT mean you have to kill your emotions and happiness. That friendship, love, tolerance, and just plain good innocent fun is something adults do want, can share, and should enjoy. The problem isn't with me, its with the world. I confess having forgotten that until this show proved me wrong- so glad it did.

4) My favorite pony seems to change day to day, but my least favorite is consistently Pinkie Pie. Still like her, but not crazy about her.

• Like 2

I confess...

4) My favorite pony seems to change day to day, but my least favorite is consistently Pinkie Pie. Still like her, but not crazy about her.

I usually don't mind the character, but I HATED her in "A Friend In Deed", once you get past the Smile song that is. She basically spends most of the episode terrorizing this poor old man donkey who just wants to be left alone. Do a role-reversal and you'd get a LIFETIME movie of the week, "A STALKER IN PONYVILLE!" Still, she can be fun ala "Last Roundup' where her friends acknowledge her obnoxiousness and use it as a weapon. And when she's sweet, she gets near Fluttershy's territory..

10dh6kx.jpg

• Like 4