Comic Con special edition pony

Davroth

So, we all remember "The Last Roundup" incident, and how, including me, people were worried that it meant the end for Derpy Hooves and her wall-eyed antics.

Well, sleep easy, fellow bronies, because we caught a first glance at the Comic Con exclusive pony for this year.

Link

They dodge the name, clearly, but I do think it's a pretty cool gesture overall.

Those will sell out like 1 second after posted because people with fiber-optic connections will be hitting "refresh" the moment the con is over.

you only option for a derpy is to wait and pay ~$100+ for it on eBay a few days after the con

Yeah, I hope this thing sells OUT. I want one, but by selling out, this will prove to Hasbro that there is a larger market for higher quality/show friendly figures. And yeah, loving the box. Muffins. Mmm.

I first saw this Derpy many months ago when she appeared on taobao. Eventually, EqD and the like said she was a fake.

I knew deep down that something this accurate and well made couldn't be fake, and I was right. I can't wait to get one. :?:

I first saw this Derpy many months ago when she appeared on taobao. Eventually, EqD and the like said she was a fake.

I knew deep down that something this accurate and well made couldn't be fake, and I was right. I can't wait to get one. :?:

Photoshop is a pretty powerful thing.

In fact, a Derpy toy image popped up before:

tumblr_lg76paUfIB1qasryxo1_r1_500.png

• Like 1

Yeah but, you can outright tell that's shooped because of the hair. Fashion Style Derpy was bought by a pony fan, who took pictures of her at all angles. It was pretty obvious that she was real. The chinese workers in the factories that make the toys most likely have no idea who Derpy even is, let alone know about her enough to make an extremely accurate ripoff of her.

I admit, I thought she may have been a prototype that was cancelled by Hasbro because of the Derpy voice fiasco (and therefore I'd never be able to get her :sniff: ). But other than that...

well would you look at that! I guess this sort of starts to make up for the whole derpy fiasco, however justified it was. Still nice to see that they still give a hoof :)

Yeah, honestly I thought they were going to make Derpy "disappear" and never mention her again. So it is nice to see her in figure form.

I cant believe they kept the Derp'd eyes! maybe there *is* something vaguely like a heart in that bloated corporate machine...

I cant believe they kept the Derp'd eyes! maybe there *is* something vaguely like a heart in that bloated corporate machine...

Same here! I had to actually take a second of closer examination to be sure they were really in two different directions before I celebrated.

Yeah, the whole Derpygate incident left a really sour taste in my mouth.

But hey, they can't take away our memories. And copies of the unaltered scene will survive on the internet anyway. ^^

Yeah but it still bugs me it only took a hand full of people to take her away in the first place >_>