New Lunar Republic? Solar Empire?

DustyCharm

New Lunar Republic or Solar Empire  

68 members have voted

1. 1. New Lunar Republic or Solar Empire what will you choose?

So. Heard a bit about these. Read the story (or at least the first part of a story about it). Even made a clan on World of Tanks called "New Lunar Republic Armored Division" (NLRAD)

But I started thinking. How right is it and how would a war like that be waged? While I don't doubt Princess Luna would have some spite against her sister for the 1000 year moon vacation (who wouldn't) to what lengths? I like to think it like a sister vs. sister rivalry and sort of game. No actual war or battle but more like prank vs. prank, game, pie and or pillow fights. XD

Share your opinion! I'm rather interested in people's views of this New Lunar Republic vs. Solar Empire I've heard bits about.

I've thought about that for a while now. In the show, It matters what happens to determine the magnitude of the war. If something silly hapens, then it'd probably just be a sister rivalry like a prank war. If one of the princesses tries to overthrow the other with serious means like trying to start civil unrest or possible assassination, then it'd probably be a full-scale war.

I'm guessing with the names that they'd probably start separate governments on Equestria. That'd probably one of the first signs that something serious happened for them to split like that. If they split peacefully, it'd be hard to keep the peace with a massive division like that. Like the country splits in southeast Europe from the Austro-Hungarian empire after WWI. Possibly like the split of the Ottoman empire after WWI, but those country divisions were made to have civil unrest.

I've thought about that for a while now. In the show, It matters what happens to determine the magnitude of the war. If something silly hapens, then it'd probably just be a sister rivalry like a prank war. If one of the princesses tries to overthrow the other with serious means like trying to start civil unrest or possible assassination, then it'd probably be a full-scale war.

I'm guessing with the names that they'd probably start separate governments on Equestria. That'd probably one of the first signs that something serious happened for them to split like that. If they split peacefully, it'd be hard to keep the peace with a massive division like that. Like the country splits in southeast Europe from the Austro-Hungarian empire after WWI. Possibly like the split of the Ottoman empire after WWI, but those country divisions were made to have civil unrest.

Yeah, I hope it'd be just something silly that would be canon with the show. Granted I doubt such a thing will ACTUALLY happy in the show and it's all fan based XD I like to theorize it'd be good fun and sportsman like.

I like to think that too XD

But I also think it's interesting to think about the alternative. But that's because I'm kind of a war buff and I play a lot of civilization simulator games like Rome Total War.

• 3 months later...

The way I would look at it is this, it would be an actually civil war... but one not started by the princesses. At least not without them being manipulated to do so. A civil war would bring about great conflict amd pain... potentally tearing apart friendships, family, and even love. All this brings up two very particular villains into mind, on who is the spirit of chaos itself and one that would be able to take on the appearance of the princesses.

The Solar Empire and Lunar Republic would come about because of their careful planning, both deciding to take the long route towards their goals and not rushing things. For the Changling Queen, she can feed on ponies devotion and love for their princesses... a love increased by having ponies feel they must defend the honor of their princess. They would be lead to believe indirectly by Discord that all they know is wrong, playing on ponies natural good hearted nature to have them sympathize and relate.

For a Solar Empire they would be taught to have pride in what their princess has created, lead to believe that Luna is still evil. The Luna Republic would be taught that Luna was falsely imprisoned because Celestia wanted her power, that Celestia is nothing more then a tyrant that has altered history for her personal gain. This the two villains would do, even have the princess 'appear' before their followers to increase ponies eventual thirst to see one of the princesses fall.

... and Celestia and Luna would be unable to stop it. How do you stop that which doesn't seem to have a physical form, a face... do they fight their subjects and force them to stop their actions or focus their attention on finding out who was behind these lies. Or perhaps the princeeses would be eventially be lead to join in this fight, being lead apart and into conflict.

The time has dawned upon us brothers and sisters. Will you take up arms and fight for free equeastria, or will you fight for the tyrant Celestia? Make your choice. New Lunar Republic or Solar Empire?

(Alright the rules are simple.

Choose for one side and everypony gets one vote.

Thats it! Have fun let your voices be heard.)

This post is insprired by the FIM FanFic Night Enternal

I am not the owner of this Fiction

and good luck to you Hallow for finishing the story

post-3925-0-46168500-1342821965_thumb.jp

Celestia is doing fine now with her sister at her side. As much as I love Luna, and her beautiful night, I must cast my vote with my dear sun princess.

This question has always made me scratch my head. It doesn't make sense in the context of the show.

What is the context of the fan fic?

Revolutions are dangerous and disruptive things. If I liked Luna a bit more than Celestia, that would not be cause to overthrow a government.

This question has always made me scratch my head. It doesn't make sense in the context of the show.

What is the context of the fan fic?

Revolutions are dangerous and disruptive things. If I liked Luna a bit more than Celestia, that would not be cause to overthrow a government.

I think this is just a fancy way of saying Luna VS Celestia. No fanfic context needed.

I think this is just a fancy way of saying Luna VS Celestia. No fanfic context needed.

Really? Because the whole thing sounds way more sinister than that, and ignores the fact that:

Luna AND Celestia > Luna OR Celestia