How much is too much?

Erlenmeyer

I recently just saw this video:

http://youtu.be/1I1xNmL9Qqo

and I started to wonder, how much pony is too much pony?

I know this is his room and all and he can do what he wants with it and I'm not saying he's obsessed or anything since I don't know the guy. However, it got me thinking about where the line is between liking the show A LOT and complete obsession. Any thoughts?

• Like 1

Wait, you can have too much pony?! :|

Hides her collection. (Missing Twilight Sparkle's Twinkling Balloon, Pink Celestia, Lyra, Trixie, 12 minis (blind bag) set, a button set, two Derpy buttons from Hot Topic, two Comic-Con Derpy's, Pinkie Pie small plush, Twilight Sparkle small plush, and Rainbow Dash small plush. Yes, the collection has expanded since those pics were taken.)

Never can have enough pony.

Generally, there's no true line you can draw in the sand between having an interest or an obsession. It's based on personal opinion, so we can't accurately say there's a certain amount.

Some people just love their passion. It's sometimes a funny truth, but it's wonderful to see the people who truly dedicate to it.

Just...don't end up like Lenny...

180px-LENNY.jpg

Anybody here who has seen this episode of PPG knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

• Like 1

I recently just saw this video:

http://youtu.be/1I1xNmL9Qqo[/media]

and I started to wonder, how much pony is too much pony?

I know this is his room and all and he can do what he wants with it and I'm not saying he's obsessed or anything since I don't know the guy. However, it got me thinking about where the line is between liking the show A LOT and complete obsession. Any thoughts?

Darn, he's lucky..Gives me the idea to actually create a shrine dedicated to MLP. There's no such thing as to much pony, there is however a such thing a to LITTLE pony!

This dude's like the final Boss for Brony haters. :!:

OK. I gotta say that some of the merch he's got is pretty cool (the Rarity 'Do not Disturb' card is something I'd want), but I do think this might be a little too much.

This being his money (or his parents'), he can choose to use it in whatever fashion he wants. If I had the choice, I would sell all that stuff and spend it on something a little more productive. :razz:

Let's see...

Six large art prints, one regular sized print, two custom made plushies, three regular plushies, three con badges, one embroidered Luna patch, two pillows made by my friend showing Twilight's and luna's cutie marks, two pony comissions of OCs, one con badge add on of Twilight, three buttons...

and my favorite one: an actual Equestrian bit! This is an actual minted coin that is made to look like a bit, complete with a "certificate of aunthenticity." As a coin collector and brony, it made sense to get this.

• Like 1

Speaking as someone who has to budget his entertainment, I'd say...

Watching the show is fine. Buying toys of your favorite characters is understandible, maybe a little bit of peraphernelia.

Becoming an outright collector though... that might be going too far. Ponies are awesome, but I can't imagine what level of obsession you must have if you never want to do something not-pony-related.

It seems pretty subjective on how much pony is too much pony. Just like kunio, the bed sheets and stuff is a bit too much for me. However, I'm fine with pony toys, t-shirts, and other merch. I have 2 t-shirts (flutteryay and RD with Bronies written on it), keychains of the Mane 6, 2 blind bag ponies (lyra and Big mac), a Nightmare moon messanger bag, and a couple brushables. At one point I did have over 500 pony related pictures saved on my computer. That was too much.

I beg to differ, this is a choking amount of ponies:

http://www.mlparena....c/t=245793.html

0____0 PONI OVERLOAD

Frankly, as long as one's collection doesn't disrupt healthy non-pony activities (like a job and friends and a balanced breakfast), there is no such thing about too much pony. No harm, no foul.

Pretty much. Especially if you're focused on collecting only one or two kinds of things, it doesn't matter much so long as you're collecting because it's fun, not because you're trying to desperately fill an emotional void in your life. I think that's where people start heading to Hoarders territory.

I have a couple of Shelves of Pony, as well as the bedsheet/comforter set and a blanket. I set my own bounds (I'm not really interested in Fashion Style ponies or the playsets themselves, f'rinstance) and don't let it eat up too much of my budget. I room with a couple of fellow Bronies, and my collection puts theirs to shame. Shame, I say! :mad: