Your OC pony theme song.

ProfessorCogsworth

Ok I come from an online RP circle where theme songs where actually a big part of the character.

You see in City of Heroes/Villains most people would pick a themesong for their character because, as we all know, heroes and villains in the world of comicbook adaptations all have their own themes. From the dark moody tones of Batman: The animated series to the uplifting notes of the Superman theme.

A theme that fits the character, that if they got their own series would be apt for a title sequence.

For example my villain, the mad scientist Doctor Mechano had this as his theme:

While my big (she stood nearly 9 feet tall and had a she-hulk muscle build) invulnerable, super strong Catgirl Amy Zon had this as her theme tune:

So I have been thinking what would my OC, Professor Cogsworth, have as his theme. Now weird science I could reuse but it doesn't really suit him, weird science to me conjures up more images of robots, genetic tinkering and other more moderny science pursuits.

So, he is upbeat, loud but kind hearted, generally starts the day on an uplifting note and goes from there, never letting his failures set him back. Thus I give to you his theme tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAodFpSLYiU

Now the question remains, what would your OC pony theme be, lets here them!

Bah curses, that'll teach me to search.

Also...which Metropolis soundtrack...there are several...if you're refering to the Black and white Fritz Lang version (it was a silent film, what do you expect?) or is there a more uptodate version?

Yes, the original Fritz Lang version: specifically:

The Giorgio Moroder one would be a...different kind of character. Especially the Billy Squier song. It would be a HILARIOUS character, but still.

I kinda wanna app a Billy Squier pony, again, now. Oh the pride of Wellesley.

It would probably have to be the Maple Leaf Rag:

Even without the title, my OC's namesake, the song's general perkiness and cheery mood describes Maple rather well. Also, some more unskilled pianists may get confused and hold a note for too long, just as Maple is often confused, but hard-trying, in complex social situations.

Yes, the original Fritz Lang version: specifically: http://youtu.be/16TLqSJHZ9o?t=10m8s

The Giorgio Moroder one would be a...different kind of character. Especially the Billy Squier song. It would be a HILARIOUS character, but still.

I kinda wanna app a Billy Squier pony, again, now. Oh the pride of Wellesley.

See that conjures up images of Cogsworth in his lab, hammering away at metals, tweaking springs and cogs, whirling around like a dervish as he sorts through parts to make HIS GREATEST INVENTION EVER!...which explodes in a shower of sparks, flame and fury.

See that conjures up images of Cogsworth in his lab, hammering away at metals, tweaking springs and cogs, whirling around like a dervish as he sorts through parts to make HIS GREATEST INVENTION EVER!...which explodes in a shower of sparks, flame and fury.

Yeah, but the other one just kind of conjures this:

Billy_Squier_Rock_Me_Tonite_video_still.jpg

Is 'the other kind' that really awful, completely unfitting 80s soundtrack? Annoyingly that, for a short while, was the only way to get the remastered version.

Me and a friend tried to actually watch Metropolis with that soundtrack once and we just gave up. The soundtrack just did not fit the mood of Metropolis at all and has in total 1 good song in it anyway (the song by Queen). Whoever decided to use that soundtrack needed a good slap.

Is 'the other kind' that really awful, completely unfitting 80s soundtrack? Annoyingly that, for a short while, was the only way to get the remastered version.

Me and a friend tried to actually watch Metropolis with that soundtrack once and we just gave up. The soundtrack just did not fit the mood of Metropolis at all and has in total 1 good song in it anyway (the song by Queen). Whoever decided to use that soundtrack needed a good slap.

You can direct it at this man.

220px-Giorgio.jpeg

But then forgive him because he was just doing his best to try to get people back into the movie. It probably would have been lost if not for him. And also he wrote the music for Highway to the Danger Zone (and a bunch of other stuff).

Speaking of weird 80s novelties...I would link to the Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo, with Danny Elfman starring as Satan and covering Cab Calloway, but that's not board appropriate :D

I've got a few.

Muggo' Ale:

or, alternatively,
, given that the entire character is an expy of a Newfoundlander.

Timbre Swing:

, the song that inspired his entire creation.

Bowsprit: James Newton Howard - The Launch, based on his personality and profession.

Dapper Dan:

, the inspiration behind his creation.

Wind Rider:

, based on the image I get with this song of just soaring over rolling hills. And Wind is my own personal ponysona, or darn near close, and this is one of my all time favourites.

And non-Mane, but my FOE character Snowshoe:

, a song I absolutely adore and fits the "period" of Fallout Equestria.

Heh. My only (so far) OC, Swift Squall have not one, not two but three different themes.

Standard one: Asura's Wrath OST ~ Wind

Whenever he's doing something awesome:

His 'Big **** Heroes' theme: Gundam SEED Destiny OST - Kira, Soro kokoro no mama ni

I got some, ^^

Master Brew "Mustang" Highkick WOE) ---------

Captain Star Striker (FFA) -----------------------------

Bass Drop (WOE) -----------------------------------------

and/or

Sub Zero (FFA) -------------------------------------------- Juno Reactor - Control

Chase (Private Use) -------------------------------------- Dir En Grey - Glass Skin

• 3 weeks later...

[colour=#FF8C00]For Citrus Orange - Citrus has always been something of the anti-hero in my view. She's sarcastic, condescending and not above being cruel and petty. But she's also loyal and willing to defend those who are unable to defend themselves.[/colour]

Main theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1QUZzeZoPQ

Battle theme

[colour=#0000FF]For Hoax - Crazy, full of childish glee, hyperactive and adventurous. She's an inventor, she loves technology and she's brave to the point of fool hardiness. [/colour]

Main theme

Oh! Themes! I love themes :L But it's so hard to choose XD (NSFW Stuff) Fair warning :) More to come!

Uhm for Rabble Rouser I'd have to say:

Plan B is obvious XD

JD I'd have to say this:

Call me crazy, but I figure this song fits Fantasy Tropes really well. It matches a certain adventurous wonder lust that I had in mind when making the character. Maybe it doesn't fit perfectly, but its too late for maybes. The deed is done.

As for the others, I'll need to put some thought into it, but I can probably s****e up some answers.

I didn't know this thread existed! :-o Lemme get a shot of this!

Spin Art is a goofy character with a crazy imagination with a talent of art and stories. She always thinks that her life is a crazy story/adventure and values the power of friendship. So I bring you the MLP:FiM Theme, The Alex S. Glitch Remix!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R677MV--WI

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived