What would you think if Coco Pommel had joined the mane six?

This is an interesting speculation thread... VERY little is known about the character, though from what we did see, I suspect you are right, Captain, that she woudl be a flutters clone. If the episode had turned out differently (Rarity staying behind and coco returning to ponyville) I think it would have been a very awkward change, she doesnt possess the qualities rarity has and would throw off the dynamic quite a bit. Now if she took up residence as, say, Rarity's assistant, I think it would work out nicely, and she would certainly have benefietted from it (though how she would have reacted to rarity's daily dramatic breakdowns is questionable... she'd end up crazy and unstable or jaded I think)

Now all that being said, I do hope she shows up again sometime, she was a really sweet character and would make a nice addition to any episode's supporting cast :)

This is an interesting speculation thread... VERY little is known about the character, though from what we did see, I suspect you are right, Captain, that she woudl be a flutters clone. If the episode had turned out differently (Rarity staying behind and coco returning to ponyville) I think it would have been a very awkward change, she doesnt possess the qualities rarity has and would throw off the dynamic quite a bit. Now if she took up residence as, say, Rarity's assistant, I think it would work out nicely, and she would certainly have benefietted from it (though how she would have reacted to rarity's daily dramatic breakdowns is questionable... she'd end up crazy and unstable or jaded I think)

Now all that being said, I do hope she shows up again sometime, she was a really sweet character and would make a nice addition to any episode's supporting cast :)

Coco as Rarity's assistant is a really good one. Then she'd get about as much screen time as the apple family. That would be perfect. And having to deal with Rarity's breakdowns would perhaps make an interesting episode.

For a moment, I wanted her to become a recurring supporting character; maybe have Rarity hire her as a full time assistant at the boutique. I don't think I'd have wanted her as a main character though; six mane ponies + Spike and CMC is already enough main characters to juggle through. It might have been a cool development for Rarity and the growth of her business if she hired some help though (or maybe it's just because it's something I've considered having Rarity do in RP before).

For a moment, I wanted her to become a recurring supporting character; maybe have Rarity hire her as a full time assistant at the boutique. I don't think I'd have wanted her as a main character though; six mane ponies + Spike and CMC is already enough main characters to juggle through. It might have been a cool development for Rarity and the growth of her business if she hired some help though (or maybe it's just because it's something I've considered having Rarity do in RP before).

I just realized there's a very senseble reason she's not hired any help despite constantly being swamped

Quality dear Rainbow Phil, Quality! (and a small ammount of ego too)

You of all ponies should know rarity would never settle for anything but the very BEST and how many seamstresses do you think there are in equestria who could live up to her rigid standards? I think she would end up being even more of a slave-driver than coco's old employer, not because rarity would expect coffee and dresses overnight, but because she'd freak out and make the pony rip out a stitch ten times or more before it was "barely acceptable" to her. (of course this is also why she's so successful - no second-hoof quality dresses to be seen in her collection!)

Who would she have replaced? When you say "join the mane six", I must emphasize there are six, which means she would replace one of the others.

• If she didn't replace Applejack of Pinkie, that would leave three earth ponies in the mane six and thus unbalance. There would be no good reason for her to replace either of the other two earth ponies.
  • She wouldn't replace Fluttershy or Dash, there would be no good reason.
  • Conceivably she could replace Rarity, who would live in Canterlot, but there was no real reason for Rarity to suddenly move. Besides Twilight Sparkle seems to have part-time residence in Canterlot now and that hasn't stopped her from being with her BFFs when possible. Also there be no unicorns if she replaced Rarity (Twilight being an Alicorn now). Although she could conceivably be the embodiment of Generosity.
  • I guess she could replace Twilight Sparkle, although again it make things unbalanced. If any species should replace Twilight (who would find herself too busy with royal duties to be around enough), it needs to be another unicorn. Twilight embodies Magic, Coco wouldn't be a logical replacement for that. A great story would be either Trixie or Sunset Shimmer as the replacement.

As a recurring character, I wouldn't mind at all. As an outright replacement for one of the mane six, no. The core dynamics of the show were built around the mane six characters as they grew and developed and the kind of show it is makes it pretty much impossible for them to be replaced.

Who would she have replaced? When you say "join the mane six", I must emphasize there are six, which means she would replace one of the others.

• If she didn't replace Applejack of Pinkie, that would leave three earth ponies in the mane six and thus unbalance. There would be no good reason for her to replace either of the other two earth ponies.
  • She wouldn't replace Fluttershy or Dash, there would be no good reason.
  • Conceivably she could replace Rarity, who would live in Canterlot, but there was no real reason for Rarity to suddenly move. Besides Twilight Sparkle seems to have part-time residence in Canterlot now and that hasn't stopped her from being with her BFFs when possible. Also there be no unicorns if she replaced Rarity (Twilight being an Alicorn now). Although she could conceivably be the embodiment of Generosity.
  • I guess she could replace Twilight Sparkle, although again it make things unbalanced. If any species should replace Twilight (who would find herself too busy with royal duties to be around enough), it needs to be another unicorn. Twilight embodies Magic, Coco wouldn't be a logical replacement for that. A great story would be either Trixie or Sunset Shimmer as the replacement.

Oh heavens no! :scream: Certainly not a replacement. The more I think about it, the more I'd prefer Coco as Rarity's full/part time assistant as opposed turning the mane six into a mane seven. Just having her as a reoccurring character would suffice.

Hmm, I personally didn't like her that much if I'm honest. So, call my opninion biased but I don't think it would do the show much good. I mean, what would she add to the mane-six? She's just like Fluttershy. I suppose we'll see though, I wouldn't be surprised if she became a reoccuring character.

Additional peevee: 6+1+3= 10, somewhere I read that a even number of main charaters is bad towards any taste of fiction, so there's place for one more (or one less)

OOoh Phiilll we have a rp to plan then :D

She'll just be a secondary or minor character, she don't need to show up very often, that's what I'm thinking. If showing up most of the time as a primary character, let's just say that reserves to fictions & RP. In fiction especially, I love reading "Moving On : Silver Spoon's Story" when Twist shows up most of the time and then Silver Spoon became another character to join in with the primary characters too. So far in the show, well, it's different anyways when kids is more excited with more important characters. ;) Reading the adventures of secondary characters can become boring, even to the critics as well. *rolls eyes*

I just realized there's a very senseble reason she's not hired any help despite constantly being swamped

Quality dear Rainbow Phil, Quality! (and a small ammount of ego too)

You of all ponies should know rarity would never settle for anything but the very BEST and how many seamstresses do you think there are in equestria who could live up to her rigid standards? I think she would end up being even more of a slave-driver than coco's old employer, not because rarity would expect coffee and dresses overnight, but because she'd freak out and make the pony rip out a stitch ten times or more before it was "barely acceptable" to her. (of course this is also why she's so successful - no second-hoof quality dresses to be seen in her collection!)

Her rigid standards were accepting of a group of untrained ponies doing the work in one night out of random items she found in a hotel.

I think Coco as an assistant would have been interesting and actually expected it to happen. Was a little surprised it didn't.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think I'd enjoy it personally. Nopony paid attention to Rarity in Rarity Takes Manehatten, and ONLY to Coco, which I found to be stupid, considering how she didn't even get that much screentime in the episode.

...Then again, when there's a Rarity episode, nopony pays attention to her. :(

I don't think I'd enjoy it personally. Nopony paid attention to Rarity in Rarity Takes Manehatten, and ONLY to Coco, which I found to be stupid, considering how she didn't even get that much screentime in the episode.

...Then again, when there's a Rarity episode, nopony pays attention to her. :(

I think you are confusing Rarity with AJ.

People always pay attention to Rarity in Rarity episodes. Coco was a good side character with Suri being the antagonist. They deserve recognition. If we want to talk about an episode where the headliner really got blindsided it has to be Last Round Up. Derpy stole the episode and was in it for a minute. Didn't even show up again either...

I think you are confusing Rarity with AJ.

People always pay attention to Rarity in Rarity episodes. Coco was a good side character with Suri being the antagonist. They deserve recognition. If we want to talk about an episode where the headliner really got blindsided it has to be Last Round Up. Derpy stole the episode and was in it for a minute. Didn't even show up again either...

Many of the people in other forums I went on, and Equestria Daily pay attention to Rarity. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to have her as a recurring character, but I don't think she should join the mane 6. I wouldn't mind a new character (preferably an original one and not an already cast member) joining the mane 6, but the biggest problem I'm seeing is the Elements of Harmony. If they were ever used again (assuming we're getting then back at the end of S4) what would she do? Stand there and be a cheerleader while her 6 best friends save the world?

Archived