FREE DRAWINGS

aFlatmajor

Greetings, everyone! It's your friendly neighborhood aFlatmajor!

Have you ever had an OC you couldn't design or draw yourself?

Well look no further!!

For absolutely no cost at all, I, the amazing aFlat, will be accepting requests from anyone and everyone to draw the OC of your dreams!

Skeptical of my drawing prowess? Well shun those thoughts! Behold my art gallery filled with ONE WHOLE IMAGE. (if there are two images, ignore the one that looks marginally worse. Please.)

This is all 100% free. If you do request anything, all I ask is that you remain patient.

Also, for requests, a rough (or super detailed!) description of the character is obviously required. Colour, special marking, species, etc. 

I will send concept sketches to before a full drawing is completed, this way I can more accurately represent your character.

Also I can't draw backgrounds.

Cheers! :)

EDIT: I forgot to put this in at the beginning, but if you already have a fully fleshed out character with artwork I probably won't send concept sketches, though the final product may have a couple creative liberties. Sketches will be available upon request, otherwise they will be left out.

EDIT: Using this first post as a queue list and character update list. Also, note, while I will try to keep to the list as much as possible, some characters may be completed before others due to complexity reasons. 

As well as messaging you lovely people during the drawing phases I will likely upload finalized concepts and finished work in the queue list as well

Current Queue

1) Zeig: Lokelani Kahula (WIP)

Lani Body Draft

Spoiler

First up, we have Zeig's OC, Lani! Gonna clean this up and hopefully have her finished after work today. Also, body proportions are hard, I tried. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ M4MFfge.png

2) Bellosh: Jiyūna Soyokaze (DAAAAAAAAW) (WIP)

3) Dunder: Cemmoyāhua Tletl (Not started)

4) PrinceBlueblood: Mirror Glass (Not started)

5) PecanPraline: Pecan Praline (Not started)

7) PyroBlaze: Diamond "L'Ombre" Dust (Not started)

8) szalhi: Echo (Not started)

9) Dubstep: Limelight (Not started)

10) SymphonicFire: Lan Fa (Not started)

11) InkyQuill: Inky (Not started)

Art?

Art?!

Did somebody say, free art?!

I design and draw all my OCs myself, but I still love seeing how my OCs look in other artists' styles. If you get some time, maybe you could give Lani a try? I think she'd look adorable in your art style:

7 hours ago, Zeig said:

Art?

Art?!

Did somebody say, free art?!

I design and draw all my OCs myself, but I still love seeing how my OCs look in other artists' styles. If you get some time, maybe you could give Lani a try? I think she'd look adorable in your art style:

One cutie patootie OC, coming right up :kissy:

Since you already have a fleshed out character I probably won't send concept sketches, though the final product may have a couple creative liberties. Does that sound alright?

4 hours ago, Bellosh said:

If you dare, you may feel free to draw my lil' cutie Kaze filly. I don't have much art of her yet:

8MynTTxm.png

App sheet: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/23359-kaze-ready/

I do indeed dare. I dare daringly. :pathfinder:

Since this is a completed character, I feel like a concept sketch won't be necessary and I'll only message you the finished product with minor creative liberties. Is that alright?

1 hour ago, Dunder said:

Free?

If you would please draw my character with no art yet.

Yeah, no problem! I'll send you a concept sketch before a finished project is completed to make sure the character design keeps to your image. :smirk:

55 minutes ago, PrinceBlueblood said:

Well, if this isn't too much, maybe a pic of my boy Mister Glass, here?

Not too much at all, I'll gladly pick this one up. I'll send you concept sketches along the way to make sure the character stays in the scope of your vision :) 

EDIT: Why do certain emotes pop of as these yellow faced smileys what is this:D

where's my Twilight smile face

28 minutes ago, PecanPraline said:

When you are free from the rest of these, I would like to request one of my profile picture. Creative liberties are welcome

You can request now, if you like. :)

All of these will likely roll out in a week or so anyways. The hardest part (for me) is posing and getting the body aligned with itself correct haha :P

But yes, of course! I'll add Praline to my list

37 minutes ago, PyroBlaze said:

Hi! I've got a griffon you could try, if you're up for it. 

I am 100% up for it! Though honestly, haven't actually drawn a griffon before, so this one might actually take me a while. I'll keep you posted! :)

2 minutes ago, szalhi said:

oh man free art? That's too cheap for me. I say you charge a 100% tax.

I need to get back into roleplaying and an image of Echo would help.

GASP :o You're right! I should've been making a profit from this!

I'd be more than glad to draw up Echo... for a small fee ;)

(No but really, yeah, you've been added to the list!)

9 hours ago, Dubstep said:

Hmmmm, I think Limelight will take the stage for my request <3 and thank you in advance!

You're welcome in advance ;) 

7 hours ago, SymphonicFire said:

Wow, quite the queue here! If you wouldn't mind, could you draw Lan Fa? Feel free to use any pose you like! 

Thank you very much for doing this!

I don't mind one bit, I'd be happy to give it a go :) 

5 hours ago, aFlatmajor said:

Yes I am! Is there a character you would like me to draw? :) 

Ah yes please, I was wondering if you could draw my Sona Inky? I would love to see it in a different art style. Do you know how I could send you a ref of her? 

6 minutes ago, InkyQuill said:

Ah yes please, I was wondering if you could draw my Sona Inky? I would love to see it in a different art style. Do you know how I could send you a ref of her? 

I'd love to draw Inky :)

For a reference you could either send me an image directly or post here in the thread. A written description would work as well, but it would be a bit harder for me to perfectly capture your character.

10 minutes ago, aFlatmajor said:

I'd love to draw Inky :)

For a reference you could either send me an image directly or post here in the thread. A written description would work as well, but it would be a bit harder for me to perfectly capture your character.

Thank you so so much! 

Drag this up to your tabs for ref

• 3 weeks later...

QUICK UPDATE

Hi everyone :)

Just a quick update on progress for those wondering on how these are coming along.

I'll admit I've been a teensy tiny bit behind on these drawings. Along with a teensy tiny minor issue of me biting off more than I can chew, I've just been a bit busy. My part-time job has been transitioning me to full time, and I'm happy for it, however, the change in my schedule has thrown my life out of order. :P

Personal stuff aside, I WILL finish all of these, and hopefully soon. My process just takes a bit of time. I try to go for dynamic and personalized poses so the characters don't look so still and lifeless. This along with a bit of character review so I can place them in a personal setting takes a wee bit of thought-work. Plus, while I did recently find a style in which I'm comfortable drawing, I still have a lot to learn and improve on, which leads to many re-edits and changes, even in the sketching progress. All the re-editing can take hours because I'm very self conscious and want these to be perfect for me, and of course, for you lovely people.

Anyways, enough excuses. I just wanted to let you all know that I haven't dropped these or anything and keep you all updated. I'll try and post some of the character sketches and progress things in the first post soon. :smirk:

Also I swear Metroid hasn't consumed my life. Maybe. Also also Pokken DX hype and potential montage making for that whoops

Archived