Important Update on Artax - Please Read

Manestream

Artax has been gone from the board on a two week trip to visit family in India (as many of you noticed); today is his birthday and he arrived back home safely from his trip.

The unfortunate news is that upon arriving home, Artax was informed that his younger sister had passed away earlier this morning. I spoke with him briefly today, and he informed me (quite understandably) that he may not be around the forum for a little while longer as he will be with his family during this hard time.

Artax is a very dear long-time friend of mine, and I am touched and saddened deeply for him at this news. I am wishing Artax and his family the absolute best during this time, and to take all the time that he needs to be with family and friends. I am certain that Artax would appreciate any warm thoughts, well wishes, or simple understanding directed his way as he takes a slightly extended leave from the forums at this time.

Many ponies have had the pleasure of knowing Artax; but many have not yet had the chance to really know him. I can assure you that without Artax (and all of my incredible staff), Canterlot would not be the living, breathing, wonderful place it is for us to all gather at. In the meantime, this may mean a slight delay in fixing certain issues- donators I'm referring to you here- but rest assured I will be further educating myself and I will be in touch with Artax as well for pointers.

If anypony would like to send Artax well wishes, you can leave comments here, or at his e-mail.

Best wishes to you and your family Artax, we're thinking of you.

• Like 1

You have my deepest condolences. Losing family is always hard, especially one so close. I know words from even the closest friends and family can't heal those wounds, let alone those from a stranger on the internet, but for what it's worth I am thinking of you and your family, Artax.

Sometimes, words are not enough. Sometimes a thousand words are not enough. For what its worth though...

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were. Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

artax_memorial.png

You have my most sincere sympathy for your lose and I hope that brighter days follow. It is rare that we take the time to appreciate what we have, until we feel the sting of loss. Cherish and value the good memories, as well as the bad, because in the end that is all we have. Honor every aspect of their being, and they will never truly stop being at your side.

Family always comes first. Go, Artax. We'll take care of things while you're gone. I know how it feels to loose a loved one, so take all the time you need. My condolences. My prayers go to you and your family...

You have all of my sympathy and condolences, Artax - I know these can be painful times, so we're all here for you when you need us!

Take care of yourself first, man, we'll be happy to see you when you return.

I have a message from sundancer:

"Personal differences aside, I know the pain of losing a sibling and I offer you sincere condolences in this time of loss and grief"

Again, His words. I have already expressed mine

Jim

Sometimes, words are not enough. Sometimes a thousand words are not enough. For what its worth though...

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were. Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

artax_memorial.png

Ginger, that was lovely, both the quote and the picture.

And Artax, I am very sorry to hear about your sister...I've no idea what it is like to lose a /close/ family member...your heart must be broken in twain right now...weep as much as you need to.

Ecclesiastes 7:2 - "Better is it to go to the house of mourning than to go to the banquet house, because that is the end of all mankind; and the one alive should take [it] to his heart."