Planned Inactivity or Leaving?

Manestream

From the point I make this post, I will be deliberately avoiding Canterlot until the 29th (or possibly the 30th). I have to finalise plans for a meeting of my LARP group at an expo this weekend, and organising LARPers is like herding cats at the best of times; I can't imagine how hard it would be if I'm spending half my free time lurking here.

This means that any art requests I'm currently working on are on hold (unless I specifically tell you otherwise after I post this). Sorry to anyone expecting something from me in the next couple of days, I honestly thought I'd be up to date by today, but real life keeps getting in the way. If it's any consolation, I've got Monday booked as a day off, so I'll probably be spending a good 8 hours arting then. Hooray for five day weekends!

Not really relevant to RPers, since I'm only active in one RP at the moment, and there's probably a week before I'll need to post in that. Still, thought I may as well put this here...

Not exaaactly a notice of inactivity, but -- I'm going out of town on Thursday for a wedding, and am spending my evenings this week prepping to head out on the 8-hour drive. I'm holding off on starting a brand new topic with Sapphire Shores until I get back, but I'll be posting in the Der Assistant thread with her tomorrow when it's started.

But I will be unavailable from Thursday until Monday, so I guess it is sort of a notice of inactivity. :P

According to the current weather projections, my area of WV is in the path of the superstorm Sandy that will be hitting the Eastern part of America in the next few days. If I suddenly become inactive, chances are my power and/or internet is out. Same thing happened to me in late June/early July except there was no warning with that storm,

Just forewarning everypony that I could disappear from the net for a while beginning as early as Monday Night. Took two days to restore my power last summer when this happened, with the fact that this will be a wintry type of storm COULD make recovery time even longer.

Don't know, I REALLY hope the storm misses us altogether, but that could be wishful thinking. Anyway, there's my advance warning

Just as others have said, big ol Sandy Cheeks is coming our way. In fact, she's nearly here right now. I'm on my mobile right now, but just in case my power goes out for a long period of time and there's no way or charging the thing, I may be gone for a few days, depending on how long the power's out.

Just as others have said, big ol Sandy Cheeks is coming our way. In fact, she's nearly here right now. I'm on my mobile right now, but just in case my power goes out for a long period of time and there's no way or charging the thing, I may be gone for a few days, depending on how long the power's out.

I second this, I just had a 10 minute blackout. Luckily, the power turned back on, but it might shut off for good soon.

hurricane-sandy-meme-spongebob.jpg

Hey guys, I'm posting for Helix because she lost power. She'll be offline for an indefinite amount of time and won't be able to log in or post until it's restored.

In addition, I, like Mojo, am dead in the middle of the storm's projected path. This is neither a good start to NaNoWriMo nor a good way to wrap up a few RP replies before the month is out. If I go dead it's not because I don't like you guys, it's because Sandy doesn't like us.

Finally, once the storm has passed and NaNoWriMo goes into full swing, expect me to be pretty scarce. I've got a pony novel to write. Wish me luck.

• Like 1

Well folks, so far, so good. I think the worse of the 'Sandy effect' has passed in my area and at THIS moment, I still have power and internet. It is snowing a little now, and the winds have calmed down considerably from last night, but I'm still not 'out of the woods' yet. There's been some power outages in my area, and I did lose power last night near midnight for a brief period of time.

So, the bottom line is, I will keep active online as long as I can. If I do 'vanish' later on, you'll know that it's Sandy's fault!

Anyway, our prayers go out to ALL those affected by the storm.

I'm with Dio. Going to be scarce for awhile due to NaNoWriMo

Just glad to see that you checked in; wondered how you were doing with Sandy.

Glad to hear you are doing alright too Mojo. I hope Dio and Helix are alright.

I'm back from Furfright. The storm knocked out the power overnight, but it's back on now. I have lots to go through online, but I should be back to normal soon.

Wellp, pretty much stuck in a dead-in-the-water status as it were, so rather than torture myself by showing up every day pointlessly, I'm just gonna leave indefinitely, until I get an email prompting me whenever my Roleplay finally gets a response to.

Until then, I guess.

Blllgh I am not dead or anything, but I'm dealing with... stuff. Health insurancey stuff and health-insurance-being-utterly-unhelpful stuff all the while dealing with the stuff I'm even needing the insurance for and just. Blegh.

So I'm here, just feeling drained and frustrated and I may need a couple of days to get my head back into the RP game. :( I hope that is okay.

Wellp, pretty much stuck in a dead-in-the-water status as it were, so rather than torture myself by showing up every day pointlessly, I'm just gonna leave indefinitely, until I get an email prompting me whenever my Roleplay finally gets a response to.

Until then, I guess.

well i guess it was only a matter of time.

Peace out man!

Well, here we go again (possibly). They've announced there's going to be a 'planned' power outage starting at around midnight EDT tonight (11/1). It's SUPPOSED to be for only two hours, but I do not trust the power company as far as I could lift my house with one hand. SO, IF I vanish from Canterlot.com AGAIN, you'll know my suspicions were correct and we're back where we started again.

UPDATE: It didn't happen, so I'm here! To quote Fluttershy: "Yay!"

:D :D :D :D

Post-EQLA, I've realized that there are some things I simply need to be dedicated to over other things, and one of those other things is this site. I love teh RPs, and I love ya'll, and I've made a few friendships here and there, but updating this site is a serious task for me (2~ hours a day at worst), and there's just some stuff I really need to attend to in real life lest I fail as a person.

So I'm going to declare a hiatus, as of now indefinite. I'm involved in quite a bit as is, and I'm so sorry to all the members of this site I'm cutting short by up and leaving like this. I think I'll be gone for at least another month, long enough for all the RP I'm involved in to either die or move on without me. I'll try to come back as soon as I feel I've done what I needed to do IRL. It's been fun guys.