Original Character Concept Requests

So you've been playing your OC for a while now, and you've worked really hard to make him a well-rounded pony with a great background story and established relationships. His parents aren't dead, he has a BBBFF, and loves teasing his little sister.

You've been playing with him for a while and you would love to flesh him out a little but more; add the members of his family, his friends and/or his coworkers to the world of Equestria as something more than just an NPC. You could app them yourself, but RPing with yourself isn't much fun! But how do you ask another player to create that BBBFF or to app that pesky little sister? Right here!

Or maybe you're stuck for ideas (I am envious of you if you are) and have been trying to come up with a new OC for a while but have had no inspiration whatsoever. Here, you can basically adopt a character concept from somepony else and run with it - take someone else's general idea and make it your own!

This thread is for 'Character Concept Sharing', specifically for characters who WOULD already have pre-established relationships in the WoE. I've discovered that it's a difficult idea to explain succinctly, so please, please, please try to read all of my long and boring chatter and look through the examples before posting because most all of it is important.

• At the moment, this is just a trial. As such, I have placed a LOT of restrictions on who can post and what they're allowed to ask for. If this runs smoothly and doesn't cause headaches for our beloved RPHS then it will continue merrily along and some of these restrictions may be lifted. If there are a lot of bumps and complications that can't be easily worked through, I will shut it down.
  • If you have questions or concerns, I will try to answer them. Maybe post them in this thread, or send them to me via PM. If I can't I will of course refer you to an actual staff member.
  • This is presently for OCs only. You may not request a sister, mother or aunt for your cast character, regardless of whether they're tier 1, 2 or 3.
  • Please please please do not clog up this thread with too much chatter - it is going to be confusing enough as is. The only posts I want to see are Requests, offers to fill requests, and updates saying that a request has been completed. If you want to thank someone for making your ROC or ask questions about a character before agreeing to fill it, do so via PM or their profile please and thank you!

Edited by Jane
  • Like 2

Rules for Requesting

1) First, tell us what your requested character's (hereafter referred to as ROC) relationship (if any) is to your existing OC (already approved OCs only, please - for now we don't want any relationships with characters that haven't already been stamped), providing a link to your existing OC's profile. You may name the character, but are not required to.

Eg:

Looking For: Whirligig's BFF.

2) Tell us as briefly as possible (maximum 10 words) some info about the character. You can include any of the following details, but none are required.

• Species
  • Physical appearance
  • Personality traits
  • Residence
  • Cutie mark
  • Occupation

Try to keep it broad; if you have a lot of specific ideas about this character it would probably best to app him/her yourself. After all, at the end of the day your ROC will belong to and be controlled by someone else.

Eg (same example continued):

10 words or less: Young mare, Pegasus, weather-related job, Cloudsdale-born, reserved personality

That's it! 10 words. I have chosen not to name the pony, nor her current residence, nothing about her appearance or personality. It will be up to the creator of this character to come up with those details themselves.

For a better idea of what sorts of ideas we're looking for here, check out the examples in post #3.

• You may only post one ROC at a time.
  • When someone agrees to fill that character, edit your post to reflect this with something like APP IN PROGRESS at the top of the post.
  • When the app is fully processed - posted, reviewed and stamped by the SRPHS - cross out the app using the {strike} BBCode and link to the accepted application.
  • Only once this is complete may you post a second.
  • If no one offers to fill your request after 2 weeks, you may edit your ROC post and change the details to those of a new ROC if you wish. This does not mean you are required to delete your ROC after two weeks; this is just to allow for you to change your mind if nopony is interested in your concept.
  • In addition; while you aren't required to, you are strongly urged to try to fill requests as well as make them - that's just good etiquette. If this becomes an issue, a cap will be placed on the number of requests an individual can make before they will be required to fill a request.
  • If you are both posting a ROC and offering to fill someone else's at the same time, that's great! Please do so in two separate posts, as shown in the yellow example.

Rules for filling requests

• You may only fill requests if you are already RP Certified; You must have an existing OC of your own that was made entirely by yourself.
  • Read the app of the linked, existing OC carefully, paying close attention to any mentions of the ROC.
  • If you see a request here that you would like to fill, quote the post in this thread to express your interest.
  • If you have any other questions or concerns regarding the character that you wish to ask the requester, please do so via another means of communication (I.e. PM, a private chat in the board chat room, Skype, etc). This is to cut down on chatter taking place in this thread.
  • On that note, remember that this is now YOUR character and you need to write the application and work out the details of the character's history and personality yourself.
  • Do not offer to fill requests if you already have a character application pending approval (whether ready or WIP) in the application section. You don't want to keep the requester waiting too long when others may also be interested in that concept.
  • Make sure that this character fits all of the restrictions that are already in place for WoE characters - there aren't any exceptions just because you're doing this as a request.
  • The requester will post in the application thread stating that the player has their blessing to use their existing OC in the application.

Edited by Jane
  • Like 2

Here is an example of what the thread might look like, where each colour is a different user:

(I came up with random names using this)

APP IN PROGRESS; Pink

Looking for: Autumn Breeze's daughter, Fairy Dancer

10 words or less: Filly, Trottingham, likes dance, shy, blank flank

APP IN PROGRESS; Yellow

Looking for: Dipsy Drop's brother, unnamed

10 words or less: Unicorn colt, Canterlot, loudmouth, hammer cutie mark, brown mane

Here is a fake link to Dipsy Drop's brother, Daring Torch, filled by Yellow.

APP IN PROGRESS; Orange

Looking for: Steel Twist's wife, Snow Pie

10 words or less: Earth Pony, Nurse, Fillydelphia, good cook, compassionate

Looking for: Dipsy Drop's brother, unnamed

10 words or less: Unicorn colt, Canterlot, loudmouth, hammer cutie mark, brown mane

I would be happy to make Dipsy Drop's brother, Purple. :)

(Purple would now edit her post to show that Dipsy Drop's brother is being worked on by Yellow)

Looking for: Autumn Breeze's daughter, Fairy Dancer

10 words or less: Filly, Trottingham, likes dance, shy, blank flank

Hi Blue! I'd be happy to app Fairy Dancer for you. I have a few questions, but I'll send them via PM.

(Blue would now mark that Fairy Dancer is being worked on by Pink)

Looking for: Typhoon Rhythm's foalsitter, named "Breezy" but can be changed

10 words or less: Young mare or stallion, Cloudsdale, Pegasus, quiet and bookish

Dipsy Drop's brother, Daring Torch, is now complete! Here is a fake link to his profile.

(Purple would now edit her post to cross out her ROC and link to his completed application)

Looking for: Steel Twist's wife, Snow Pie

10 words or less: Earth Pony, Nurse, Fillydelphia, good cook, compassionate

Heya Yellow! Great job on Daring Torch! :) I'd be happy to fill Snow Pie for you. :)

(Yellow now edits his post to reflect that Snow Pie is under construction thanks to Orange)

(And so on)

Edited by Jane
  • Like 2

OPEN ROCs

- Lilac Briolette's dance partner for Elderflower

- Giggle's fiancé, Snickers for SonicRainboomGirl

- Regal Steel's mother, Fluerette for RegalSteel

- Cashmere's mother for QuickLime

- Wind Walker's school friend, Cinnamon Tart for Tacobob

- Ruby's sister, Emmy for Derpyy

- Serendipity's younger brother for Phil the Time Wizard

- Rising Star's younger sister for Expo

- Spin Art's Dad, Speed Cloud for Frost137

PENDING ROCs

- Col. Pummel's Wife for Bellosh101 - being filled by Elderflower

- Vanilla Latte's Husband for Jane - being filled by QuickLime

Completed ROCs

- Hammer Spark for Phil the Time Wizard, filled by Jane - ((PROFILE))

- Moon Walker for Tacobob - filled by Coolio GingerbreadSpy - ((PROFILE))

- Tourmaline Glass's Sister for Phil the Time Wizard - filled by GingerbreadSpy - ((PROFILE))

Edited by Jane

(Fire Walker has eight brothers and one sister..Might as well bring some life into 'em!)

Looking for: Fire Walker's older brother, Moon Walker

10 words or less: Pegasus stallion, enlisted in the R.E.A. Wanna Be Actor.

• 2 weeks later...

Whelp, I'm going to post my own request for now. We'll see if this ever works. :/

Looking for: Vanilla Latte's Husband

10 Words or Less: Quiet, reserved personality, chef and co-owner of Café.

Looking for: Sierra's adoptive brother, Hammer Spark

10 words or less: unicorn stallion, enlisted in the Royal Equestrian Army, physical.

I'm going to be apping this character myself. :)

• Like 1

Good to see you're interested, PedestrianWolf. :)

Okay. Here goes. :)

Looking for: Sierra's adoptive brother, Hammer Spark

10 words or less: unicorn stallion, enlisted in the Royal Equestrian Army, physical.

I'm just posting to say that Hammer Spark has been approved. This is to inform Jane that she needs to update the list of ROCs in post #4.

Oh, wait- :/

So that means I'm free to request something else now, huh?

Looking for: Tourmaline Glass's unnamed older sister

10 words or less: crystal pony, young mare, different from her sister.

(yeah; I'm allowing people to do pretty much whatever they want with this one. :))

I'm going to put this out here. PM any questions.

Looking for: Fluerette, Regal Steel's() Mother.

10 words or less: Older unicorn model, passive aggressive, high society, married, overbearing mother.

• 2 weeks later...

(Fire Walker has eight brothers and one sister..Might as well bring some life into 'em!)

Looking for: Fire Walker's older brother, Moon Walker

10 words or less: Pegasus stallion, enlisted in the R.E.A. Wanna Be Actor.

Now that Tawny has been approved, I can say... "DIBS!" I will return by midnight tonight with Moon Walker's app! Off to work now. :D

• Like 2

Looking for: Ruby's(http://www.canterlot.com/topic/15279-ruby-ready/) little sister Emerald Dust. Called "Emmy" for short.

10 words or less: Blank flank, crystal pony, happy, energetic, loves her sister.

Any questions feel free to PM me :D

I'll be app-ing Phil's Tourmaline Glass's older sister who I'm gonna call Cinnabar Star.

This is done, correct?

Guess I can put up yet another one then! :)

Looking for: Serendipity's unnamed younger brother.

10 words or less: pegasus; not as "free-spirited" as his sister.

(for this one, don't even really have a preference on age or anything; details are up to the applicant)