Expedition to Unyasi

So, I noticed that the Unyasi RP area is totally bare! So, I thought it would be neat to have an adventure to that area!

The basic idea is that there is an artifact that has been lost to the land of the Zebras, probably something that a traveler found in Equestria and took back to their homeland, or that was perhaps lost in the ocean and showed up on the beach there. Who knows?

I was thinking perhaps Zecora reads about whatever artifact it is, and that it was lost, and she recalls seeing it one time randomly since it would have been in the area she previously lived in. But this bit is flexible, depending on if the player wants to go this route.

I'm not sure WHAT the artifact is yet, which is part of where you guys come in. I was brainstorming with some others, and I thought perhaps it could be Chancellor Puddinghat's hat (since Commander Hurricane's Helm and Princess Platinum's Tiara were probably recently discovered). Or it could be something that belonged to Clover the Clever, or Starswirl the Bearded. Seriously, there are plenty of possibilities, so feel free to pitch ideas!

I was also thinking this could be a series of threads. Perhaps one for preparation for the journey, one while traveling over the ocean to get to Unyasi, one when the characters are actually there, etc. Who knows, maybe there could be multiple expeditions going on at the same— oh glob I just had an idea.

What if the princesses sent different crews out to get the artifact? Unyasi is pretty big, so one crew wouldn't be able to cover the whole territory. That way, there could be multiple threads, each continuity having to do with a different crew that was after the artifact. Kind of like Indian Jones style, where everyone tries to backstab to get the object... Well, without the backstabbing or underhandedness. (Or to make things easier, half the expedition group could just get separated.)

Anyway, just tossing around ideas! We're going to need the most able-bodied and adventurous ponies out there!

Heh. I think this sounds like a great idea. I'd love to get my ponies in on another fun adventure. :)

I'd probably use both my adventurer and seeker of rare knowledge, Gray Lexis, and his young assistant Spirit Flame for the RP, especially if the quest is for something magical in nature belonging to Starswirl or Clover (Which is what I think is most compelling, as no offense to Puddinghead, I just don't think a hat is going to be quite as coveted a relic as a helmet or crown might have been...).

Might also be able to involve my Arcana in some capacity if the prize is something powerful and magic that she might want to take for herself. She'd be great as a part of an antagonizing group and to stir up trouble.

Sure, this sounds fun. Not sure which character(s) I can/should involve yet, though it would likely be my baby dragon Sniffles (although he hasn't been properly introduced yet, I must admit).

Four characters would be a lot for me to juggle (though it could probably work if we go the multiple teams route), but I might also introduce my Verity Essence into this as well. Me and Chap have plans for her and Sniffles to work together already and being she's already a zebra--and one who's completely Equestria-fied and never been anywhere near Unyasi at that--there could be some potential for her in going to her ancestral home.

Well, I'm not really sure how good of a guide she'd actually make given she's never been there before. :P

And that sounds good. So maybe three competing groups? Two groups of adventurers sent by the princesses and then a third group out to get the prize for themselves? I think that could work nicely. :)

• Like 1

Wasn't there another topic exactly like that? I know that the Staff of Fate stuff will be heading through Unyasi.

But most of the characters I'd use here aren't going to be in Staff of Fate, and I'm not involved in the other topic if there is one. :razz:

Multiple Unyasi expeditions can't be a bad thing, especially when, as Tales said, that forum is completely empty at the moment. :)

Maybe one group could be some pirates/thief/shady types that want to take the artifact for themselves and hold it for ransom!

Since I don't think many RPers have apped those sorts of characters, they'd probably have to be "NPC Villains" of some sort. As for my current characters, the only one I'll even consider putting in an adventure RP is already slotted for Staff of Fate. But when when I app my next OC, I'll keep this series in mind. :D

Since I don't think many RPers have apped those sorts of characters, they'd probably have to be "NPC Villains" of some sort. As for my current characters, the only one I'll even consider putting in an adventure RP is already slotted for Staff of Fate. But when when I app my next OC, I'll keep this series in mind. :D

Then what's The Pony Pirates Project for? :shifty:

-cough- As Captain and Head of the PPP (Pony Pirate Project) I'd be happy to have GangPlanks Rag-tag crew act as villians of sorts

But who better to be a guide to Unyasi than Zecora herself?

Heh... in that case I might have five characters involved... :razz:

And yeah, Zecora would probably be awesome to have for something like this. :)

• 2 weeks later...

If I am feeling better by the time this kicks off, my Critter Wrangler, Candy Catch-em would be a good one to toss in.

Of course, my astronmer twins, the Skybrights, have a standing offer to Zecora though her past several players to be her transport to Unyasi should she want to visit.