The Forum Roleplay Awards

Hello and welcome to the first ever Canterlot Forum Roleplay Awards! Here we seek to honor and highlight the best roleplays, posters, posts, and characters to have graced our creative and exciting forum. With luck, we hope to make this a twice-annual thread, but for now, any thread, poster, post or character since the creation of the forum is eligible for nomination. This is member ran and operated, with no official affiliation with the staff or administration.

How is something nominated?

That's the easy part. After taking look at the table of awards below, anypony may nominate a thread, poster, post or character for any eligible award by simply posting in this topic with a link to what you are nominated. Anything from Mane RP, Crossovers, or Free For All can be used. You may not nominate your own RP, Posts, Characters, or yourself for an award. Nominations run until August 24th at 10:30 PM PST. The team will then sift through the nominations to pick the three best in every category and on August 31st, public polls will go up. These will run for two weeks. On September 14th, the polls close and the winners will be announced

The team?

There will be a group of 3-5 who will read and grade every submission. They will elect the final three for every award.

How to join the team?

That's simple. Ask to join the team via PM and I will review you; should I like what I see, I will add you to the team as either a member of the core group or alternates.

What about bias from the team?

Undoubtedly, bias is impossible to completely erase. As such, while we have 3-5 core members,the plan is to have as many or more alternates. Should the core team believe that bias will impact the grading of a submission, those who may be biased will be asked not to grade the submission and an alternate will be asked to take his or her place.

When does this run?

August 1st-24th for nominations, then public polls on August September 1st. Results announced September 15th.

The Awards:

Best Roleplay- The thread that shines above the rest as the beacon of quality roleplay that Canterlot is proud to stand behind.

Best Comedic Roleplay- The thread that makes Canterlot guffaw the most.

Best Adventure Roleplay- The thread that portrays the adventurous spirit of roleplayers the best.

Best Cast Roleplay- The thread which showcases one cast character better than all others.

(What we look for in the Roleplay Thread section is activity and the quality of posts, characters, and the feel of the thread.)

Best Roleplayer- The poster who has enriched the roleplay the most with activity and quality posts, characters, and roleplays.

Best New Roleplayer- The poster who has joined in the year of 2012 who has added the most to the forum roleplay.

Best Inactive Roleplayer- The poster who no longer roleplays(considered as being no active posts in the past month) who has helped make Canterlot what it is.

Best Cast Roleplayer- The player who plays his or her cast characters the best.

(What we look for in the Roleplayer section is activity from the player and high-quality productions from him or her, including threads, posts, and characters.)

Best OC- The OC that displays the creativity and drive of the community.

Best Cast- The cast character whose impact is felt the most and played well. (Application not taken into consideration)

Best Pegasus- The best Pegasus OC.

Best Unicorn- The best Unicorn OC.

Best Earth Pony- The best Earth Pony OC.

Best Creature/Other- The best OCs of all non-ponies.

(What we for in characters is characterization, activity of the character, quality of the application (when applicable) and quality of the posts and threads the character is involved in.)

The team:

SteelEagle

PhilTheTimeWizard

Davroth

Lux

RaincloudRunner

-hinata2000- *Alternate*

-QueenChrsyalis- *Alternate*

-Chocoswirl- *Alternate*

-Rosewind- *Alternate*

Nominations-

Best Roleplay

Twisted: Entering the Darkness

100 Country Kisses

Best Comedic Roleplay

Some Dirty Lyrics

Daringcon General

100 Country Kisses

Visions of Frosting and Terror

Best Adventure Roleplay

Fallout Equestria: Walking the Line

The Airship Crash

Hollowed Ruins

An Eccentric Tresspasser

The Lost Library: The Search is On!

Pathfinder and the City of the Griffons

An Adventure of Unorthodox Proportions- www.canterlot.com/topic/5719-an-adventure-of-unorthodox-proportions-ic-closed/

Best Cast Roleplay

Class is in Session

Relaxation, the Apple Family Way!

Some Dirty Lyrics

A Gift! A Hearts and Hooves Day Gift!

100 Country Kisses

Best Roleplayer

Diomedes

Bramble Rose

Phil the Time Wizard

Steel Eagle

brianblackberry

Duchess

Best New Roleplayer

Duskbreaze

Chapien

Rosewind

Whiteslash

Best Inactive Roleplayer

Skye

neoniie

flutterscotch

Best Cast Roleplayer

SonicrainboomGirl

brianblackberry

Bramble Rose

Helix

Riverhippo

Best OC

Tempest Rime(Malediction)

Allura(Blaze Bright)

Steel Eagle(Pathfinder

Crescent Blaze

Best Cast

SonicRainboomGirl]url=http://www.canterlot.com/topic/8944-pegasus-scootaloo-final/](Scootaloo)

Brianblackberry(Braeburn)

Mojo(Granny Smith)

Diomedes(Princess Celestia)

MyLittlePonyTales(Princess Luna)

Bramble Rose(Sweetie Belle)

Helix(Twilight Sparkle)

riverhippo(Applejack)

SteelEagle (Apple Bloom)

Robikku PegasusVinyl Scratch

Imagination(Ruby Pinch)

Best Pegasus OC

QuickLime(RoseHip)

Dunder(Dunder Blust)

Halide(Ignition)

Crimson Nova(Satin Ribbon)

Best Unicorn OC

Diomedes(Novaya)

Davroth(Seeker)

Chapien(Sparks)

Lux(Guiding Light)

Best Earth Pony OC

SteelEagle(Valen Orange)

Bannhammer(Martel Van Starkhuf)

Sturmmann(Muggo' Ale)

brianblackberry(Carrot Fields)

Best Creature/Other OC.

Skye(Skye)

• Like 5

Maybe Hinata! For now, while I am certainly stockpiling team requests and accepting a few I am very familiar with and whom I know will give this everything they have, I am not going to add too many to the list. I will be reviewing applicants and decisions will be made soon, however. I am just waiting on nominations.

I guess I'll get the nominations rolling with some simple ones:

Best Cast Roleplay, Best Comedic Roleplay, Best Roleplay- 100 Country Kisses.

Best Cast Roleplayer- Riverhippo.

Best Cast- Applejack(by Riverhippo). and

(What does this mean for me and voting? It means I cannot grade what I have nominated.)

Hmm... I think I'll nominate:

Best New Roleplayer: Rosewind

Best Cast Roleplayer: Bramble Rose

Best Roleplayer: SteelEagle

Best Inactive Roleplayer: Manestream (unless event set up posts count as RP activity, I suppose)

Best Cast: Sweetie Belle

Best OC: Pathfinder

And that's it for now. I'll have to read some more threads before I nominate anything on that front. I'll also have to think harder about other OC nominations.

Nomination for best cast? Tales, player of Her Royal Princess Luna!

Best OC character? TempestRime's Malediction! That, or Allura's BlazeBright.

Best cast thread? A Hearts and Hooves gift, even though it isn't finished yet.

Best Roleplayer? Phil. Hands down, Phil.

I think that's about it!

• Like 1

Nomination for best cast? Tales, player of Her Royal Princess Luna!

Best OC character? TempestRime's Malediction! That, or Allura's.

Best cast thread? A Hearts and Hooves gift, even though it isn't finished yet.

Best Roleplayer? Phil. Hands down, Phil.

I think that's about it!

Excellent nominations! However, I cannot add Hearts and Hooves Day Gift from your nominations because you OPed it. It is a rule that you may not nominate your own thread, post, character, or yourself for an award. However, if anyone else nominates it, I will be super duper pleased to add it! :D I will add the rest later.

Nomination for best adventure thread: Adventure of Unorthodox Proportions (featuring Cutlass, Radiant Steel, Novaya, and Martel)

Not finished yet or very far along, but we've got plans for it and we demand quality posts and good character work! I might also have to badger Halide for a name that's less of a mouthful.

Nomination for best adventure thread: Adventure of Unorthodox Proportions (featuring Cutlass, Radiant Steel, Novaya, and Martel)

Not finished yet or very far along, but we've got plans for it and we demand quality posts and good character work! I might also have to badger Halide for a name that's less of a mouthful.

Yeah. That thread is cool; good choice... And I see it's finally my turn to post again. Definitely good to know that... :P

Here's a thread I feel safe to nominate:

Best Comedic Roleplay: Visions of Frosting and Terror! - this is a quite young thread, but so far it's a lot of fun. Rosewind's Pinkie Pie is, in my opinion, ceaselessly amusing and creative (Rarity had a lot of fun with her at the least ;)), and I imagine a great and healthy future for the thread.