Unpopular Pony Opinions

Do you think Applejack is worst pony? (Of course you do!) Did you love Mare Do Well? What about Twilicorn or the future of the series?

I'd like to see your opinions that might be off the beaten path of popular consensus. This is a safe place to let it be known to the universe. Keep it clean; feel free to debate away!

My unpopular opinion? I didn't like Flim and Flam from Cider Squeezy. I thought the whole episode was weird, especially the musical segment when the crowd ponies are "dancing." I didn't realize pony knees could bend that way. I also didn't like the final message, or how the Apple Family reacted to/egged on the brothers. The whole presentation felt way off the mark. I also really liked Babs Seed.

Annnd, go!

apple jack is one of my fav she reminds me of myself sorta when the family use to have big garden an we had an apple tree before the big garden brings back good memories of family time

• Like 1

I have heard that eventually, the rest of the Mane 6 will become Princesses (complete with horns and wings). The last time I expressed THIS opinion in a chat, I had to duck for cover! :D:D:D

I don't get how people hate Princess Celestia that much. There is no rational nor substantial reason in the show to actually hate her. It would have made more sense for the hatred if Celestia did a total mistake or something. But in my opinion, she is the ruler of Equestria, and she can't always be there to help everyone, as she has her own issues to deal with, which is why she sends Twilight to solve some of her problems.

It's the same for Pinkie. Why does everyone think Pinkie Pie is "scary" when she's just the opposite? She may get a bit crazy at times, but I doubt she would do any harm. It's basically just the fandom creating a fake personality for Pinkie Pie so everyone would fear her.

I also like Diamond Tiara. (Well, she's in my top 25.) I really don't have a reason why I like her. Perhaps its because of her playing the role of a minor antagonist, or the non-canonical reason that she is just misunderstood and just has a really bad attitude with other ponies. While she's trying to make herself superior, she probably had the power gone into her head and just act plain mean to others.

Also, I think Rainbow Dash is too overrated to be liked. She's impudent, lazy, and arrogant, and just tries to act like nothing can beat her, and she's the boss of everything. If I was a pony in Equestria, I would not want to be with her.

• Like 1

Hmm, let's see... this is what comes immediately to mind:

• I think RariDash is the best of all possible pony ships. Most people don't seem to agree.
  • I also think Luna is horribly overrated and not really deserving of her following. She's okay, it's just kind of overblown for who she is and what she's done, and the way it leads to Celestia hate at times is both annoying and unfortunate.
  • Hurricane Fluttershy is one of the most redundant and unnecessary episodes in the show. Everything in it feels like something we've seen before and it gives me the sense that we're just covering the same ground with Fluttershy. It's also just not that funny or fun and the emotions in it feel forced.
  • Fluttershy is the least interesting, least developed of the mane six. She has her moments, but she just doesn't have as much range or depth as the other five and for it her and her episodes usually aren't quite as compelling.
  • I like what season three did with Trixie and especially Discord.
  • Spike at Your Service is a good episode and I think Spike is well within character in it.
  • Gilda is a genuinely interesting and relatable character; her reactions were understandable given the situation and her final fate, though indeed largely brought on by the glaring but real faults to her character, is somewhat tragic.

• Like 3

Rainbow Dash, while gradually getting better, still acts like an egotistical jerk most of the time. And I think a big reason for her popularity is that a lot of people (especially guys) are raised to somehow *admire* that kind of behavior.

I think the main reason Luna's so popular is that we haven't seen much of her to begin with, so fans can pretty much project anything they want onto her. People love the fanon Luna instead of the real one. (I'll admit I'm guilty of this, but hey. Gamer Luna.)

While she was an excellent script doctor for the less-talented writers, I feel Faust may have been holding the show back creatively to some degree.

I'm also not a big fan of Rainbow Dash, but I don't believe in outright hating or bashing characters even if I don't like them. It makes me sad that dragons grow into monsters and their growth is accelerated by greed; why can't there be such a thing as non-greedy and non-monstrous adult dragons? I think Discord's redemption has always been a possibility (although, I agree with the majority: it should've been handled better).

I wish there were sea ponies. I feel sorry for the donkeys, mules, cows, etc. as they seem to live in a world where ponies reign supreme. I am seriously bothered by the fact that the ponies from Saddlerabia do not have cutie marks but are otherwise awesomely designed. I like Spike. I like Iron Will. I think Rarity doesn't get enough credit for being such a well-developed, balanced character with a fair amount of hilarity potential. I want to see Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon bonding as friends in a way that doesn't involve them being mean to other ponies.

Actually, I have no problems with Twilicorn, or with alicorns in general. I'll agree that alicorns are often used as a poor excuse to make the most broken and mary sue of OCs, but I think the right hands could make a good alicorn character. I think that from what we've seen of Twilight, and of the writing in FiM as a whole, that her lovable character isn't going anywhere just because she got a set of wings and a title.

• I like what season three did with Trixie and especially Discord.
  • Spike at Your Service is a good episode and I think Spike is well within character in it.
  • Gilda is a genuinely interesting and relatable character; her reactions were understandable given the situation and her final fate, though indeed largely brought on by the glaring but real faults to her character, is somewhat tragic.

^ This

I never understood Twilight's continuity as far as skills go. That is, she is able to teleport perfectly well when AJ tried to kick out with hind-legs the whole orchard by herself, yet later is not able to teleport away from the hydra that attacked them in the bog. I suppose that can be chalked up to being freaked out by the hydra, but still. Also, she can fly perfectly well at the end of Magical Mystery Cure, yet cannot fly in the EG movie.

Then AJ went against her element before Discord even shows up. She lies once or twice in the first season, not quite sure if one of them counts as a lie. The one I'm sure about was in the Party of One (Party of None? Idk) episode when Pinkie followed Rainbow to AJ's barn and AJ told her there was construction going on when it was really a party. I'm not sure if she lied or not when she was kicking out with hind-legs the orchard by herself or not (idk the name of that episode) but I think she did. The other 5 have flaws too, but AJ's lie just stuck out to me, probably since she's the element of honesty.

Then AJ went against her element before Discord even shows up. She lies once or twice in the first season, not quite sure if one of them counts as a lie. The one I'm sure about was in the Party of One (Party of None? Idk) episode when Pinkie followed Rainbow to AJ's barn and AJ told her there was construction going on when it was really a party. I'm not sure if she lied or not when she was kicking out with hind-legs the orchard by herself or not (idk the name of that episode) but I think she did. The other 5 have flaws too, but AJ's lie just stuck out to me, probably since she's the element of honesty.

Well, although I see where you're coming from and too a certain degree I can agree with your opinion, I must admit that I don't believe that because a particular pony is the element of [any of the five besides magic, because magic arguably isn't a personality trait] that they have always perfectly embody that element. For example, Rarity certainly skipped out on the generosity when she picked high society over finishing Twi's dress, Fluttershy can be incredibly mean from time to time (You laugh at me? I'll wrath at you!), and Pinky even has an entirely different hairstyle to show when she's in anything but a laughing mood. It would make sense if each pony had to struggle with inner vices to maintain their particular element and therefore when they do act in accordance with their established role,

For example, although AJ may lie from time to time, when she does act with honesty she shows it perhaps even more so than the other five. But, you know, that's just my take.

Anyways, to reply to the original post:

To be perfectly honest, I really don't enjoy Trixie that much. Really, I just have a problem with third person speak from anybody other than Gollum. I also wish I had more of a respect for Pinkie Pie in general, but again, that's just a personal issue with accepted irrationality. Oh, and I find her a tad shallow from time to time, mainly from the sheer duality and extremities of her personality. There's never really a middle ground with Pinkie, and I appreciate the middle ground a bit more than I should.

Wow, that was a tad more verbose than I intended it too be.

I really don't care about Derpy. I mean, its fun to spot her in the episodes, kind of like the old 'Where's Waldo' books, but that's it. When I see people list her as one of their favorite characters, I just think 'How can that be? She doesn't HAVE a character!' All we know about her is she is accident prone... that's it. The thing about being a mail pony is something that was completely made up by the fans, and has never been in the show.

What'd Derpy do to you, Corsy?! You forgot to mention the muffins are a fan thing, too! :razz:

Well, now the animators have adopted the muffin thing, looking at Derpy's appearance in the credits of Equestria Girls. And I never said I disliked Derpy, I just don't understand why she's such a big deal in the fandom.

I had no issue with Twilight becoming an Alicorn, despite what many said about her becoming too Mary Sue.

Rarity is my least favorite pony. I just don't really have as much of an interest in her as I do the others.

I have no problems with any of the Princess although as a matter of taste I like Luna the best.

I'm not a big fan of Spike and tune him out when he's there. I can't really say I hate him, it's just I'm focused on the Mane Six.

My least favorite episodes are "Over a Barrel," "The Mysterious Mare do Well," and "Spike at Your Service."

"The Last Roundup" is still a good episode and the whole Derpy thing didn't wreck it.

I don't buy the conspiracy theories some cook up about Lauren Faust leaving (like Hasbro forced her out). To me I credit her for being the one to help reimagine the show into its current incarnation, but I treat her like the other writers, animators, musicians and VAs.

There are only a few background ponies that I like such as Vinyl Scratch, Derpy, and Carrot Top (have to show some love to the character I play).

In terms of character, my favorite pony would have to be Twilight Sparkle. Most developed and stuff. Oh, right. She's also the main character but, like... What ever

I enjoy all of Rainbow Dash except for her ego... It's just very annoying at times. But I guess given that she's the fastest Pegasus in Equestria, the only (known) pony able to perform a sonic Rainboom, an element of harmony,and best friends with a/the princess(es), I guess it makes sense...

Oh, and R-Dash makes a great wallpaper!!

Apple Jack is perhaps my least favorite. Despite how I loved her episodes and her personality. I just... Don't like her :/

I want a Dianond and Silver episode!! I mean, I don't want them bullying the CMC but I want to see how they are or what they really do as friends. Or, maybe Silver Spoon stops following Diamond's lead and tries to befriend <3 Scootaloo- er, I mean the CMC. :blush:

Luna is overrated, nuff said. I think people just prefer Luna's fandom personas. Woona, gamer Luna, etc...

Celestia is portrayed a tyrant by the fandom. But hey, she has too much to do to be taking care of her fully grown prized protege. Twi and her friends are more than capable of solving these issues. The only thing that may hinder them is when they start arguing and don't work together. As seen in The Return of Harmony (that is the first Discord episode, right?)

The worst thing Celestia did was banish her sister for a millennia. And honestly, she had every right to do so.

Cadence my favorite princess

I want need a new Trixie episode. I'd like to see what's become of her great and apologetic-ness.

Pound and Pumpkin Cake have to have something... A Rugrats-like episode for them and few other foals? That'd be cute or terrible...

Oh. And ScootaSpoon (SilverScoots) is an adorable ship with the worst name...

Edit:

Totally read the title of this thread wrong and so my post is a little off topic. :blush:

I don't see Mysterious Mare Do Well as a "big disgrace" or whatever to the show as to what everyone says. I'm a Rainbow Dash fan and yeah she is a big ego jerk, but I've moved on with it. When Rainbow improved in Wonderbolts Academy.

Anyways....

EqG! I ENJOY the message! :(:evil:

I recognize that the fandom hates the idea of the high school scene. But this feels real to me especially when I am in high school!

I don't hate it. :3

Continue on.

..I hate almost all of the songs in the series, save for perhaps the Flim Flam brothers' song, maybe one or two others. They grate my nerves.

*Ducks for cover*

Oh yeah?! Well...Sonic Colours is a terrible game! :scared:

I personally find it annoying how "bronies" is a catch-all term to describe fans of the show. I think the label has changed over time for me. That doesn't make it a bad way to describe adult/non-target audience fans of the show, I just don't think it's accurate.

• Like 2