Mystery Masquerade Party [Crystal Empire OOC Discussion]

Greetings one and all! And welcome to Tigrus Gemshoe's Mystery Masquerade Party!

So here are the basics!

Location: Crystal Palace (Permission given by Dio and Hurricane)

Premise: A masquerade party in which a mystery is given. One main clue will be given and other clues/hints will be given as needed. (but hopefully they won't be)

The scenario will be given in thread. And there will be two separate threads for this RP. The first will be the actual party area. Where in the main clue will be given and a general party atmosphere will be maintained. Naturally since it is a mystery party and all guests can mingle, that includes about the mystery. But it will be up to your characters to decide if they'll reveal anything they find or not.

The other thread will be the adventure thread, outside of the main ballroom. To make it less confusing each post will need to be prefaced with the location they are in, that way you know who you can or cannot interact with. Possible locations will be discussed and listed here (likely with the aid of Games Ponies play and with the input of Dio and Hurricane for additional locations that might be in the Crystal Palace)

Rules: Open to all! Crystal pony or not! Please list your guests in this thread with a maximum of 3 per Role player.

All characters must be in a costume or at the very least a mask. No pony will know who any other pony is, which is part of the fun. Identity is not to be revealed during the party while there is a mystery.

If there is enough response for this, I may choose a RPer to play the "culprit" by dice roll by numbering all guests (which is why identity secrecy is necessary :razz:). Otherwise I'll cook up an NPC to take that mantle.

Second post will be reserved for any additional relevant info, including guests and locations (and possibly teams if there are really THAT many ponies interested in this.

UPDATE! Thread is live!

The second thread will follow. This thread is the main hall, where the party will take place. The second will launch after the mystery starts.

All guests, please remember masquerade attire HAS to cover the CM and a mask MUST be worn.

Locations*:

1. Main Hall [AKA Ballroom]

2. Corridors**

3. Master Bedroom

4. Guest Bedroom

5. The Foyer

6. Lazuli Lounge

7. Throne Room

8. Rotunda

9. Outdoor Track and Field Arena (AKA Sporting Complex)

10. Kitchen/Dining area

11. Boardroom

12. Library

13. Study

14. Conservatory

15. Smithy (AKA Armoury, mainly for jousting)

*Ponies whom are in the same areas can interact with each other except in the case of #2

**Due to how many corridors there likely are, ponies cannot interact with each other in the Corridors unless one of the two following conditions are met: 1) They are traveling in group (and are thus already interacting) or 2) there is a confirming OOC within the post that states that both RPers are OK with interacting in that area.

Guests:

1. Honeydew

2. Lilac Briolette

3. Hoity Toity

4. Merlot

5. Ice Storm

6. Heart Healer

7. Sparkle Fire

8. Regal Steel

9. Foghorn

10. Aureate Compass

11. Alexandrite Tilt

12. Crystal Snowflake (?)

13. Lyra (?)

14. Cashmere

15. Harrington Sleuth

16. Bright Calcite

17. Hocus Pocus

18. Fleur de Lis

19. Novel

20. Cherry Jubilee

21. Filthy Rich

22. Oil Wells

23. Talkie Buckman

24. Stormsong

25. Sage Leaf

26. Sterling Silver

27. Martini Paradise

It looks like I'll be doing a dice roll for the culprit. Just so everyone knows it will be completely random. Likely after the item is found the search for the culprit will begin after that. Hopefully we'll get even more ponies. I'll announce when sign-ups are closed and do the dice roll then!

This sounds REALLY interesting. I would definitely like to sign Honeydew up. I think I can manage to have plausible reasons for her to be there. A mystery party is probably a perfect situation for her to come up with conspiracy theories and whatnot. *LOL*

Question, though... Does the costume need to be a proper masquerade-esque costume or can Honeydew come decked out in a Nightmare Night-esque costume? (It would probably be ridiculous along the lines of looking like a giant bat or perhaps she would be dressed up like a Pumpkin with a Jack-o-Lantern mask or something).

This sounds REALLY interesting. I would definitely like to sign Honeydew up. I think I can manage to have plausible reasons for her to be there. A mystery party is probably a perfect situation for her to come up with conspiracy theories and whatnot. *LOL*

Question, though... Does the costume need to be a proper masquerade-esque costume or can Honeydew come decked out in a Nightmare Night-esque costume? (It would probably be ridiculous along the lines of looking like a giant bat or perhaps she would be dressed up like a Pumpkin with a Jack-o-Lantern mask or something).

I'd stay away from Nightmare Night themed outfits since this has nothing to do with Nightmare Night, and since the Crystal Empire predated NMM, they wouldn't even have cause to celebrate it or know about it. So if you dress up as a pumpkin you'll just look.... odd... to any and all Crystal Ponies.

And Hoity Toity would probably mock you too.... Just sayin'. :P

• Like 1

That's kind of the point, though. I don't see Honeydew as a fancy masquerade-type. So, she'd naturally assume that a costume party means costume and bring something Nightmare Night-esque. She's already a big oddball (with her tendency to consider everything suspicious and spout off conspiracy theories).

If it would derail too much, though, I can manage.

That's kind of the point, though. I don't see Honeydew as a fancy masquerade-type. So, she'd naturally assume that a costume party means costume and bring something Nightmare Night-esque. She's already a big oddball (with her tendency to consider everything suspicious and spout off conspiracy theories).

If it would derail too much, though, I can manage.

Honestly if it is what your character would do, then I'm fine with it. But keep in mind that it isn't billed as a "costume party" but rather a Masquerade party, which is rather different :) Masquerade parties tend to be more formal. So everyone will be dressed up in more ornate formal costumes with a certain type of mask.

I'd stay away from Nightmare Night themed outfits since this has nothing to do with Nightmare Night, and since the Crystal Empire predated NMM, they wouldn't even have cause to celebrate it or know about it. So if you dress up as a pumpkin you'll just look.... odd... to any and all Crystal Ponies.

And Hoity Toity would probably mock you too.... Just sayin'. :razz:

Mock isn't the word for it! :3c

Even though it might be a little out of his means, Sparkle Fire will be attending, this looks like it's going to be fun, especially since Sparkle Isn't terribly well versed in ettiquette and enjoys a good mystery:3

I guess he could have won the tickets as a prize or something :razz:

Even though it might be a little out of his means, Sparkle Fire will be attending, this looks like it's going to be fun, especially since Sparkle Isn't terribly well versed in ettiquette and enjoys a good mystery:3

I guess he could have won the tickets as a prize or something :razz:

There are no tickets xD. The party is basically an Open RSVP only event.

I'm definitely attending this! I loved the idea before it was a mystery party as well.

1 Regal Steel (Risks the train ride)

2 Foghorn (brings the party)

3 Valour Bound

Sounds fun.

I'll bring a few guests. Alexandrite Tilt is a given. How about I bring a couple others too though... perhaps Crystal Snowflake and Lyra.

Sounds fun.

I'll bring a few guests. Alexandrite Tilt is a given. How about I bring a couple others too though... perhaps Crystal Snowflake and Lyra.

Aw.... no Rarity? (No really I could see Rarity go all out on a dress and mask)... Though maybe Lyra could have a dress and mask from Rarity's Boutique. :P

Aw.... no Rarity? (No really I could see Rarity go all out on a dress and mask)... Though maybe Lyra could have a dress and mask from Rarity's Boutique. :razz:

I really considered it. Ultimately it came down to me just having so many more Rarity threads than Lyra ones.