Magic Guild Recruitment Thread Mk. II (And Other OOC Stuff)

k5mqr.jpg

A long while back, an artistic fellow by the name of LoopEnd founded a magic guild on Canterlot named Spellbound. Its purpose: to let ponies fascinated with the arcane sciences, those who treat its application as much more than a mundane everyday act, to come together. Every member of Spellbound devotes a significant portion of their life to the study and art of magic, and now wants to volunteer their talents for the service of Equestria... and just maybe find a little bit of fame and fortune too.

Members of Spellbound enjoy numerous benefits that comes with signing up:

• Sessions with the finest magic instructors in Equestria.
  • Access to magic research archives not generally granted to the general public.
  • Opportunities to use magical abilities to help others, or amaze them.
  • Unlimited access to Spellbound's HQ in Canterlot, featuring a basement practice area and ground-floor recreational amenities.
  • Shiny guild badge to flash at everypony (pictured above).
  • Free snacks and drinks!

We're always ready for new members to join our ranks! So if your character:

• Is skilled in advanced spellcasting, potion brewing, cryptozoology, or other arcane sciences.
  • Wishes to become more skilled in magic.
  • Wants to bond with others who share interest in magic.
  • Has the means to travel to Canterlot every now and then.

Then Spellbound is the perfect fit for him or her. Characters of any species can join: there's more to magic than unicorns shooting out spells from their horns. If we get enough people to sign-up, I'll start a thread where all new members will be inducted into our magic guild. ^_^

--------------

CURRENT MEMBER LIST:

--------------

THREAD DIRECTORY (PAST & PRESENT):

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, by the urging of Bellosh101, submitted for your approval are three potential new members:

Mighty Magic -- famous stage magician in Equestria

Abracadabra -- Mighty Magic's wife and partner in the magic art

Hoofcourt "Starswirl" Magic -- Retired Professor of Magical Arts

Ah, looks like I got quite a few names to add to the member list. Thank you all for your enthusiasm. :D

I think it's safe to say that an Induction/Open House RP will be forthcoming. It'll come anytime within the next 1-3 weeks, so be on the lookout!

Hmmmm...... would Plasma have an incentive to learn advanced magic though? Most unicorns only learn levitation because they don't have a need for anything else, you know. Spellbound is for those ponies who are motivated enough to routinely learn and use the more advanced stuff, or understand how it works.

Anywho, the upcoming Open House thread for Spellbound will be open to all WoE RPers, so Plasma will be able to stop by and check the place out. :)

Magic is one of his hobbies that he likes to practice in his freetime. His job does include advanced magic one you get to a certain level. He is at that certain level but doesn't exactly know how to do advanced magic but would like to learn.

Magic is one of his hobbies that he likes to practice in his freetime. His job does include advanced magic one you get to a certain level. He is at that certain level but doesn't exactly know how to do advanced magic but would like to learn.

Unfortunately I have to concur with Bellosh here.

The application literally says

Although Plasma has a horn, he hardly uses it for anything except carrying stuff. He didn't study in the magic area so he doesn't know how to use his horn otherwise.

That speaks pretty clearly to Plasma's feelings about magic.

ALRIGHT FOLKS, OPEN HOUSE IS LIVE!

Note for all new members (with the exceptions of Presteza and Ice Storm): if you haven't been in a Spellbound thread previously, I'd much appreciate it if you insert your OC into the thread as someone who isn't a member yet. That way, your character can be initiated into our group within the actual RP thread. :)

Would Sigil be an appropriate addition to this group? She's a Crystal Pony exchange student with a knack for chemistry and a love of the arcane.

• 4 weeks later...

*Comes over to join the cool unicorns*

I'd love for Nocturne Wisp to be able to join. He's a strong magic user who's definitely interested in getting stronger, but more interested in magic itself - particularly magical anomalies. He'd definitely like the appeal of being able to access other similarly-minded ponies and attempt to gain their knowledge and skills, even if he wouldn't be particularly thrilled about having to make small talk and polite conversations with all the ponies.

Nocturne has been added to the Member Roster. :D

Oh, and another Spellbound adventure is now up and running. This one involves some guild members saving one of their own from the clutches of avaricious dragon. Any of you are also free to come up with your own ideas for Spellbound threads, and I'll do everything in my power to get those RP ideas to come to life. ^_^

• 1 month later...

I'd like to have Pyro Blaze join up with this. Seems like it could be just what he needs to get better control of his magic.

Sorry for no link, but I'm on my phone and am feeling too lazy to directly link his bio right now. You can find it in my log though, his bio.

---EDIT---

Here it is, linked more directly for you:

• 5 months later...

Spellbound may just have an interesting event to look into. In the infamous Hollow Shades... Something very strange has happened. The entire Town's population has disappeared and it's borders have been covered by a mysterious thick dark fog. Anypony who approaches the wall of fog seems have a deep feeling of dread come over them, and their sense of time becomes heavily distorted to the point they say that they spent weeks at the border of where the town once stood... but had only been there in reality for a few minutes. Attempts by pegasi to remove the phenomena produce only frustration and a strange chill down the spine and bringing in some of the best spellweavers in the land has had no effect.

The strangest feature of this event seems to be that since the fog appeared it sent out a single letter addressed to the Guild of Spellbound with the words "Help Me!" written on the parchment...

Any member of Spellbound may offer to join in this experience... But be warned, immense magical power will not be what can undo what has happened in the Hollow shades. Something very strange is happening in this town and what is going on at first ... may not be exactly as it seems! I think the most I could handle in this rp would be maybe... I suppose like four players excluding myself.

Those accepted

Presteza

Moondancer

Javasun

Pocket Change

Archived